Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 20, 2018, 04:14 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Ok. So who, if anyone, is still responsible for doing software development and fixes?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2018, 07:15 PM
Forever Tinkering w/ Stuff
Not sure if I understand, But BUMPCHARGER was a case maker, not making the RevoE stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
Ok. So who, if anyone, is still responsible for doing software development and fixes?
Aug 20, 2018, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12
Not sure if I understand, But BUMPCHARGER was a case maker, not making the RevoE stuff.
RevoKelly ran both operations. He was the developer of the Bump Controller and also operated the company making Bump Controller cases. Apparently he has sold the case making operation. So far there is no information as to his status as the developer.

Glen
Aug 20, 2018, 08:53 PM
As far as I know Kelly is still the man behind the development of the Bump Controller. Any issues either charger or Bumpcontroller should still go through Revolectrix.
Aug 21, 2018, 10:25 AM
Proverbs 12:15
Contact Revolectrix support for Bump controller support. I just sent one in for repair.

Doug B.
Aug 21, 2018, 01:20 PM
Kelly designed the Bump technology and worked with FMA to incorporate that technology into the PowerLab series of chargers. That initial effort evolved into the newer PowerLab Touch series. Kelly designed the technology as an independent contractor working for FMA. All those products are branded under the Revolectrix name. Kelly was the sole owner of Bumpcharger which he started as an outlet to provide customer charge cases. Neither FMA nor the Revo Group was involved in BumpCharger.com beyond providing products to BumpCharger and referring REVO customers to Kelly's site. The REVO products are owned and supported by FMA .
Aug 22, 2018, 07:07 AM
Case Guru
Kelly is still working with Revolectrix and the Bump controller, RotorCraft has purchased the Bumpcharger website and will be taking over the building of the cases, it is a very smart move for everyone, we are the best at building cases and this leaves more time for product development for Kelly and Revolectrix.
Aug 29, 2018, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorcraftrc
it is a very smart move for everyone, we are the best at building cases and this leaves more time for product development for Kelly and Revolectrix.
Speaking of product development.....where is the firmware update for the PL chargers that was supposed to improve longevity of HV packs. I think it was called "IonIQ"? It's been so long I forget. Last time I sw/Kelly it was supposed to be released months ago.
Last edited by supertoyz; Aug 30, 2018 at 08:27 PM.
Dec 31, 2018, 11:31 PM
will the windows software pl8v2 software work with the bump controller or is windows software available to talk to the powerlab8 v2 through the bump controller. Or do I have to purchase the JR to usb connector. I can connect to the bump controller with windows, but not connect to the PL8 through the bump controller
Jan 02, 2019, 03:51 PM
Sindland MC SAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pache11
will the windows software pl8v2 software work with the bump controller or is windows software available to talk to the powerlab8 v2 through the bump controller. Or do I have to purchase the JR to usb connector. I can connect to the bump controller with windows, but not connect to the PL8 through the bump controller
Good Day,

You cannot use the Charge Control Software (CCS) if you are running the Bump Control. There is an app that is available for purchase that you can connect your smart phone or tablet to the Bump Control. This allows you to drive the charger from your device that has the app loaded. It also allows you to see the pack voltage, cell voltage graph, cell IR graph, setup, and supply. Please let me know if you have any questions and as always, you can reach me at [email protected]
Jan 02, 2019, 04:24 PM
ancora imparo
Howard, any progress with the high power discharger that Kelly mentioned on this thread some time ago?
Thanks

John
Jan 03, 2019, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos
Good Day,

You cannot use the Charge Control Software (CCS) if you are running the Bump Control. There is an app that is available for purchase that you can connect your smart phone or tablet to the Bump Control. This allows you to drive the charger from your device that has the app loaded. It also allows you to see the pack voltage, cell voltage graph, cell IR graph, setup, and supply. Please let me know if you have any questions and as always, you can reach me at [email protected]
I had been wanting to use a laptop or windows-10 based tablet to control the bump controller and see the battery graphs, track individual battery history, etc, but have given up on on it being released. Instead of putting bump tags on each battery I have them on a credit-card sized card with the battery type and capacity on the front and a bump tag on the back. I had been hoping to track individual batteries but in reality I don't have time to bother. I've found the bump controller works great this way.
Jan 03, 2019, 12:36 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddysam
I had been wanting to use a laptop or windows-10 based tablet to control the bump controller and see the battery graphs, track individual battery history, etc, but have given up on on it being released. Instead of putting bump tags on each battery I have them on a credit-card sized card with the battery type and capacity on the front and a bump tag on the back. I had been hoping to track individual batteries but in reality I don't have time to bother. I've found the bump controller works great this way.
What's the advantage of doing it this way? Just having to buy fewer bump tags?
Jan 03, 2019, 01:12 PM
I initially started the bump tag on a card idea when I figured out that I did not want to pull my LiFe batteries out of my larger gas planes to "bump" charge them. Then I put LiFe batteries in my transmitters, and a bump tag would make the battery pack not fit in the compartment. I had bump tags on all my EP packs and thought it would be neat to track all of their histories in a lap top. But after moving to a new house and "decluttering", moving belongings to several different storage units, and being away from my hobby stuff for several months, I realized that life is just too short to keep those sort of records. I pulled all the tags off my packs and now just use the cards. If a battery shows signs of not being as good as it used to be, I'll charge it individually to check it's status, but otherwise I usually parallel charge and go fly.
Jan 03, 2019, 01:38 PM
on difficult mount places or unhandy mounts, i put the tags onto the frame of the model and scan it with my smartphone thats connected to my BUMPcontroller, so i can use all of the convenient advantages the system brings. You can even place the NFC Tag inside the fuselage if its not made of carbon and can scan it even so.

Quick Reply