Oct 08, 2015, 09:16 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Anyone familiar with these New Bright toy grade 2.4ghz 1/12 "chargers" cars

I just stumbled across these while looking for something inexpensive and more kid friendly that wasn't junk. I can't seem to find them available anywhere but major US retailers (Toysrus, Walmart, Target, etc), and then only the Corvette models, neither of the Mustang models seem to be sold anywhere. Although these cars appear to have just been released.

They are only $28, and have 2.4ghz radios so you can run more than two of them. I'm sure they aren't proportional, but kids generally can't figure that out anyway. They have internal Lithium packs, so they can probably be modified to accept regular LiPo packs for quick battery swaps. Best I can tell from the accompanying video, no form of suspension, but at the speeds I assume these would go, not a big deal. Main selling point is the 2.4ghz and LiPo.

I might stop by a couple stores today to see if they have them, get one to try out.

http://newbright.com/rccar/61222-for...rc-chargers-2/
Last edited by DanHS; Oct 08, 2015 at 10:32 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2015, 11:23 AM
i thought I found a video, but t was a different car so I took down. I've seen them before but I don't know anything about them. You might just have to pick one and up and check it out
Last edited by hunterhoward23; Oct 08, 2015 at 11:29 AM.
Oct 08, 2015, 01:08 PM
Buggy in style
I have a new bright 1/24 for my son. Has no suspension, and is not proportional. Cheap toy for a kid to beat around. It's almost non destructible.

The company is based in Hong Kong.
Oct 08, 2015, 02:51 PM
Thread OP
Well I saw one in Walmart while grabbing wipers and fluid for my work truck, and grabbed it. First thing I noticed was that the plastic piece that clips over the motor and holds it down was not clipped in properly, motor moves around. Kinda got the piece to clip in right, it was bent, guess I'll see if it holds or if the gear strips, in which case I'll just return it.

Performance wise, it's totally a toy, just a quick spin in the parking lot had it (slowly) bumping and bouncing over tiny stones and gravel on the pavement. Perfect speed for children, and a very easy to handle child sized transmitter, but with zero suspension function at all it's pretty bumpy, which combined with the non-proportional steering makes more precise steering difficult. At least the tires are rubber with some decent grip, and despite being so low profile, they have some give. I don't think the car will work on dirt unless the dirt is very well groomed and packed, I'll find out when I get home.

The battery also seems pretty integral to the chassis of the car, not sure how removable it may be. I'm thinking that this car isn't quite up to the task, but I'll see, if my little 10yr old cousin and her friends kill it, then I'll just return it. I don't even care for the Corvette body anyway, I'd like the Mustang one. I feel like $29 is a bit high for this thing, but then maybe I'm just spoiled from buying WLToys cars from Banggood and T Mart. On the plus side, it came with a decent looking micro USB cable.

I did see a New Bright Baja buggy for $30 that was 2.4ghz with removable 6.4v Lithium pack and suspension, but the suspension looked really weak and tires were hard plastic, so I passed on that, even though it was probably the better car. This car would be fine if it just had some suspension, if I had a 3D printer I would definitely waste my time trying to design and print some components for a rudimentary front suspension.
Oct 09, 2015, 08:14 AM
Thread OP
Well so far it keeps getting sand in the gears, and the whole thing is assembled by snapping together, which is brilliant for inexpensive assembly, but impossible for disassembly. It did make it around my track ok, but it was quite bumpy and had trouble keeping a straight line. If only it had 10mm more clearance and suspension, and didn't get sand in the gears, it'd be a great little car. I think when it finally dies I'll end up just using the electronics to repair another toy grade car.

Quick Reply