Hitec X2 AC Pro 2 Port AC/DC Multi-Charger

Have you ever needed a soldering station at the flying field? The new X2 AC has a soldering iron port built right into the charger.

Splash

The Hitec X2 AC Pro charger is not your normal run of the mill charger.

The newest version of the popular X2 AC Plus charger is on the market with some special added features. The popular X2 AC provides up to 200 watts of power in AC mode, and includes a new built-in heavy duty 60 watt soldering iron. You can also power the X2 from either an AC outlet, or direct from a DC power source. This dual port charger also has 20 programmable profiles that can be adjusted and monitored via optional wifi module and controlled through your smartphone or your home computer. It also includes a battery meter and battery Internal Resistance reading modes.

For more information on the new PRO X2 AC click here.

Features

  • Twin Channel Charger with Two Independent Circuits.
  • Input Power Source: 11-18V DC or 100-240V AC.
  • DC Mode Output; 200W Port A; 100W Port B; 300W Total Output Maximum
  • AC Mode Power Distribution Mode, 200W Total Output.
  • Built-in Switching AC Power Supply.
  • Includes 60W Soldering Iron, 400 to 840F.
  • USB support for PC and Wi-Fi Smart Phone Interface.

Specifications

  • Charges NiMH, NiCd, LiPo, LiHV, LiFe, Li-Ion and Lead Acid Batteries.
  • NiCd/NiMH Cell Count: 1-15 cells.
  • LiPo/LiHV/Li-Ion/LiFe Cell Count: 1-6 cells.
  • Pb voltage: 2-20 volts.
  • Charge Current Range: 0.1-10.0 amps.
  • Maximum Charge Output: AC 200W / DC 300W (200W + 100W).
  • 20 Programmable Profile Settings.
  • Independent Cell Balancing.

Last edited by ndfly700; Oct 15, 2015 at 03:47 PM..
Thread Tools
Oct 19, 2015, 10:52 AM
Fully Sending It
Xpress..'s Avatar
It is the ultimate pit accessory for car, helicopter, and airplane pilots alike. We have an overview video coming soon too
Nov 17, 2015, 05:01 PM
Andres
joker24458's Avatar
Ordered one of these (X2 AC Pro) from Tower Hobbies last week and just received it today. However, it was dead right out of the box, didn't turn on or do anything when I plugged it in. I'm a little upset because I really wanted to play with the charger (and wifi module) today and I didn't really expect this level of QC from Hitec.

Fortunately Hitec's customer support is top notch. Talked to someone who told me that I could get a replacement and recommended that I talk to Tower Hobbies about it since they are closer to me. Spoke with a Tower representative on the phone and I will be getting a replacement. Overall I am still a little upset, as it will be a hassle shipping it back and will take another 2-3 weeks to get my replacement charger but I am optimistic that Hitec/Tower's support will take care of me and the next charger will be functional.
Nov 27, 2015, 06:53 PM
Andres
joker24458's Avatar
I received my replacement X2 AC Pro from Tower Hobbies today. Tried it out and it worked this time, but I'm not impressed.

Note: I am NOT trying to purposely bash on this charger or Hitec. I am merely providing my own experiences so that other potential buyers can see it and decide for themselves. Everything in this post is about the Hitec X2 AC Pro 2 Port charger only. I have no experience with any other chargers in the Hitec lineup, so I cannot speak for the quality/ease of use for those.

First of all, the charger is supposed to be able to charge batteries in "LiPo Charge" mode without the use of the balance connector, just like any other charger. It even states this in the manual. However, I tried it (on both ports just to make sure) and it would not charge batteries in "LiPo Charge" mode if I didn't plug in the balance connector and it would show a "CELL ERROR" message. Seems like something is wrong with the firmware. This may not be a big deal to some people but I just find it very inconvenient and annoying, as I only balance charge my batteries around every 10-20 times I charge them.
Spoke to a Hitec rep on the phone, apparently there is an option in the settings to change this.

Secondly, the fan(s) that comes on while it is charging is ridiculously loud. Again, this may not be a problem for some people but it is very annoying for me as I charge my batteries in my bedroom. It is much, MUCH louder than any other chargers I have seen/heard.

Third, I have doubts about the quality control. The first charger I received was completely defective, which is very unusual for Hitec.

Fourth, the internal resistance meter feature built into the charger was very inconsistent. The resistance values would fluctuate inconsistently by up to ~10 milliohms when using the same battery within seconds of hitting the button.

Fifth, the wifi module features were not as useful as I thought they would be. It is inconvenient to have to switch to the Hitec wifi module as my wifi setting every time. Also, it disconnects me from my wifi at home so I have to use cellular data; you cannot use a normal wifi connection on your smartphone and be connected to the charger with wifi at the same time.

Overall, since the first problem has been resolved, my only real complaint about the charger is the loud fans. I understand that these are necessary to keep it cool, but they are too loud for me as I usually build/work on my planes in the same room as my charging station. The rest of these are mostly just small inconveniences that I personally find with the charger. Others may or may not be affected by them.
Last edited by joker24458; Dec 10, 2015 at 08:54 PM. Reason: issue has been fixed, edited to reflect this
Dec 19, 2015, 06:04 PM
RodeoGeorge
wa3pnt's Avatar
Has anyone replaced the LOUD fans in the Hitec??

RodeoGeorge
Jan 31, 2016, 01:28 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker24458
I received my replacement X2 AC Pro from Tower Hobbies today. Tried it out and it worked this time, but I'm not impressed.

Note: I am NOT trying to purposely bash on this charger or Hitec. I am merely providing my own experiences so that other potential buyers can see it and decide for themselves. Everything in this post is about the Hitec X2 AC Pro 2 Port charger only. I have no experience with any other chargers in the Hitec lineup, so I cannot speak for the quality/ease of use for those.

First of all, the charger is supposed to be able to charge batteries in "LiPo Charge" mode without the use of the balance connector, just like any other charger. It even states this in the manual. However, I tried it (on both ports just to make sure) and it would not charge batteries in "LiPo Charge" mode if I didn't plug in the balance connector and it would show a "CELL ERROR" message. Seems like something is wrong with the firmware. This may not be a big deal to some people but I just find it very inconvenient and annoying, as I only balance charge my batteries around every 10-20 times I charge them.
Spoke to a Hitec rep on the phone, apparently there is an option in the settings to change this.

Secondly, the fan(s) that comes on while it is charging is ridiculously loud. Again, this may not be a problem for some people but it is very annoying for me as I charge my batteries in my bedroom. It is much, MUCH louder than any other chargers I have seen/heard.

Third, I have doubts about the quality control. The first charger I received was completely defective, which is very unusual for Hitec.

Fourth, the internal resistance meter feature built into the charger was very inconsistent. The resistance values would fluctuate inconsistently by up to ~10 milliohms when using the same battery within seconds of hitting the button.

Fifth, the wifi module features were not as useful as I thought they would be. It is inconvenient to have to switch to the Hitec wifi module as my wifi setting every time. Also, it disconnects me from my wifi at home so I have to use cellular data; you cannot use a normal wifi connection on your smartphone and be connected to the charger with wifi at the same time.

Overall, since the first problem has been resolved, my only real complaint about the charger is the loud fans. I understand that these are necessary to keep it cool, but they are too loud for me as I usually build/work on my planes in the same room as my charging station. The rest of these are mostly just small inconveniences that I personally find with the charger. Others may or may not be affected by them.
You say that you are not bashing Hitec or this charger but indeed that's all you are doing by throwing up ridiculous complaints.

- You have concerns about quality control because the first one you got was DOA. Your inference is that we all stand a good chance of getting a defective one, which is incredibly presumptuous. Heard of "bad luck"?

- It won't charge a lipo without the balance leads attached.... Uhm, why would you want to? I look on that as a safety feature to stop idiots attempting to charge without them.

- The Fans are too loud? Would you be happier with smaller underspec'ed fans which brought on reboots and eventual failure?

- You understand nothing of WiFi devices. You're whining about wifi device operational methodology which is accepted across the planet as being 'the norm'.

- I also have doubts about your grasp and understanding of internal resistance values and the variables surrounding measurement of same. .
Feb 26, 2016, 06:36 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuskeeler
- You understand nothing of WiFi devices. You're whining about wifi device operational methodology which is accepted across the planet as being 'the norm'.
To be fair, this is a valid complaint. The correct way to implement this feature is to allow the charger to join a wifi network and broadcast as a service that an app on your phone can connect to. The way its implemented, requiring direct wifi, is amateurish.
Feb 29, 2016, 08:55 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
JohnCC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by timdonovan
To be fair, this is a valid complaint. The correct way to implement this feature is to allow the charger to join a wifi network and broadcast as a service that an app on your phone can connect to. The way its implemented, requiring direct wifi, is amateurish.
I agree, this is a doofy design.

But that being said I have a Hitec X1 touch and am very happy with it. It's extremely reliable for me. I'm strongly considering the Hitec X2 AC charger and selling my X1 but $200 is just too steep for me right now.

Hoping to find one used or on sale but they're really hard to find used.
Mar 20, 2016, 12:37 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
JohnCC's Avatar
nvmd
Last edited by JohnCC; Apr 07, 2016 at 01:47 PM.
Apr 07, 2016, 01:50 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
JohnCC's Avatar
Ok, had this charger for a few weeks now, and I bought it used from someone else who sold to me for a killer price.

The internal resistance meter is pretty much fine, I only ever saw a 1-2 difference in the checking. Nowhere near 10. As for the fans, yes, they are loud, (shown in the review at 10:53) but this does not personally bother me. I'd definitely much rather have loud fans and a properly cooled system, but they could definitely be quieter. Overall I'm very happy with this charger.

Hitec X2 AC Pro Charger Review (12 min 1 sec)
Apr 07, 2016, 02:52 PM
Registered User
I picked one up in the end too. I do like the charger, but the software and wifi app take the piss for bad software. Such a pity, as with a bit of love or open source, it would be highly recommended.
May 12, 2016, 08:08 AM
Registered User
GordonP's Avatar
Could someone recommend a supplier in the UK or Europe? Or do we have to buy direct from the States?
May 26, 2016, 10:21 AM
Fully Sending It
Xpress..'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonP
Could someone recommend a supplier in the UK or Europe? Or do we have to buy direct from the States?
Not sure if it is available overseas? Try contacting the nearest Hitec distributor in your country to see if they are importing the X2 AC Pro chargers:

http://hitecrcd.com/contact-us/inter...l-distributors
May 26, 2016, 12:45 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
JohnCC's Avatar
So I have a question. Is this charger supposed to get hot while simply idling, plugged in, not charging anything?
Jun 01, 2016, 11:11 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
JohnCC's Avatar
Anyone? I have been wondering about this for a long time now.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Hitec X2 AC Pro 2 Port AC/DC Multi-Charger TF824 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Mar 10, 2017 06:33 AM
Sold NIB Hitec X2 AC Pro 2-Port AC/DC Multi-Charger joedoan Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Mar 03, 2017 10:46 AM
Sold Hitec X2 AC Pro 2-Port AC/DC Multi-Charger joedoan Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Feb 25, 2017 03:32 PM
Sold Hitec RCD 44238 X2 AC Pro 2 Port AC/DC Multi-Charger Moto82mike Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Nov 23, 2016 02:03 AM