O.S. Brushless 700-800 Heli Motors

O.S. is a huge name in the RC world for making some of the best nitro engines you can get your hands on. With the market pretty much dominating in the electric world, you have to expect large companies like O.S. to push the boundaries and produce their version of electric motors.

Splash

O.S. has 2 new motors for your high end helicopter.

O.S. is a huge name in the RC world for making some of the best nitro engines you can get your hands on. With the market pretty much dominating in the electric world, you have to expect large companies like O.S. to push the boundaries and produce their version of electric motors. This is not news as of today, but they have released a couple of new motors that will surely show the quality and precision of O.S. in their 700-800 class helicopter motors.

There are 2 motors to choose from and both have unique features to cater to the style of flying you choose. They have a 5825-520kV motor for the 3D pilots looking for quality and performance out of their motors, and they also have the new 5830-490kV designed for the FAI F3C competitor. Either choice you make, you can rest assured O.S. will keep the tradition of quality they have been producing for many years. Both motors are capable up to 12s lipo, and include a clever way of keeping cool and efficient throughout each flight.

For more information on the new 700-800 class O.S. motors click here.

Last edited by ndfly700; Oct 09, 2015 at 01:00 PM..
Oct 14, 2015, 04:49 PM
Only 12S? That's so 2014.
Oct 14, 2015, 06:29 PM
rc user
lol
Oct 15, 2015, 11:40 AM
I am Steve.
2014? That was last year boi what a harsh reception chances are it's capable 14s. Someone flies Gartt motor at 14 and it hasn't exploded yet. Otherwise we'd be hearing from utrinque. Seems like a very reputable company. Havemt heard of it yet, though

How much is the slower motor?
EDIT: 400 bucks. Not bad. Very Good motor
Last edited by Flying Pitcher; Oct 15, 2015 at 11:46 AM.
Oct 15, 2015, 02:19 PM
rc user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher
How much is the slower motor?
EDIT: 400 bucks. Not bad. Very Good motor
not bad?
you guys are in a different income bracket from me..
Oct 15, 2015, 04:20 PM
I am Steve.
Well, it's not 500 bucks...
Oct 16, 2015, 12:23 AM
\_(ツ)_/
Last edited by Dave778; Oct 16, 2015 at 02:41 AM.
Oct 16, 2015, 08:35 AM
Turnigynarian
OS nitro engines were always regarded as the benchmark, or gold standard even, and weren't that much more expensive than other makes. In my plank days, I can't remember using any other engines, and I was hardly flush with money.

By contrast, their electric motors are definitely appealing to the high end - but I can't imagine that they use better copper, stronger magnets and better bearings than many far more reasonably priced motors.

I suppose the notched "fan" end of the can on the 490kv motor distinguishes it from others....
Oct 16, 2015, 09:50 AM
I am Steve.
When was that, 2d? I'm fairly recent and know none of this. Perhaps you can enlighten me with some history lesson
(I started 2 yrs ago)
Oct 16, 2015, 09:55 AM
Turnigynarian
Put it this way, Vik, I flew my first plank (own design) with an OS 15 over 40 years ago!
Oct 16, 2015, 10:21 AM
I am Steve.
Dude! I mean, sir!! I wasn't even born back then !! My mom was in her teens

Quick Reply