Old Jul 13, 2004, 11:40 AM
Find More Posts by jperch
Too lazy to repair!

Thank you, Ray, Bud and Mark

This probably doesn't really belong here but I ask that you leave it here for a bit. I see that the trader rating system is now live and that this replaces the previous method of the good and not-so-good seller list.

I would like to take this time to give a big THANK YOU to Mark, Ray, and Bud for their efforts in maintaining that list. I can only imagine what a huge effort it must have been to keep up with it. I would bet that this new system is a huge relief to you guys. The work you have done has helped all us Ezoners have a more enjoyable experience in the for sale forums.

Thank you very much!

Joe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2004, 11:55 AM
Find More Posts by WreckRman2
Hey awesome... I'm glad they added it as it's a nice tool. Thanks guys!
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:09 PM
Find More Posts by Steve H.
I dont see anything that keeps someone from posting a negative remark for any reason, its not like Ebay where you can't leave feedback unless you have a completed transaction with them.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:17 PM
It would be hard to track whether or not a user had dealings with another in the forums. The way I see it the crew here spent numerous hours a week maintaining the old sellers list I don't think they would mind spending a couple minutes removing a negative feedback if it wasn't warranted.

I just left 7 feedbacks to help get the ball rolling... I've been a busy man buying and selling these past couple weeks.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:19 PM
Find More Posts by Bud Morrison
Cue, I am looking into having the url field made a required field. Thus connecting an transaction to the feedback. We will see how it goes. It is one heck of a sight better than what we had
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:37 PM
Hey Bud, one thing that I would like to see added is a notification email to the user recieving the feedback. Not only does this let them know someone else submitted a feedback for them but it will also encourage that person to complete a feedback as well so that both parties gets a feedback. To many times only one party takes the time to submit a feedback. Many simply forget so the email could also act as a reminder.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 01:42 PM
Find More Posts by Jeffery
And You're Not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Morrison
Cue, I am looking into having the url field made a required field. Thus connecting an transaction to the feedback. We will see how it goes. It is one heck of a sight better than what we had
I used it this morning, and it was easy. I suggest copying the URL to your clipboard before starting the feedback process, or do them in 2 different browser windows..I had to open a new browser to get the transaction URL.

Which brings up a different set of circumstances..I have done deals strickly through PM, I never responded to the thread. So, while I did make the transaction, there is no record that I had any dealings with the person. Just something else to take into consideration.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 01:45 PM
Find More Posts by SPEED-E-FLYER
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
I left a few FEEDBACK today for sales I remember.
Thanks again Guys

Larry
Old Jul 13, 2004, 02:11 PM
Find More Posts by Mark Wood
characters welcome!
One word:

mw
Old Jul 13, 2004, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by Jeffery
And You're Not
Hey guys..could you at least bring the G/B short list back to the top??

This new system will eventually overtake it, but there was a wealth of deal history in that thread. I consulted it several times before responding to a deal, I'd hate to lose that option (although all of my deals have been great ones!)
Old Jul 13, 2004, 02:34 PM
Find More Posts by Bud Morrison
per forum policies I need to have this thread take the trip to site suggestions ... Sorry guys

I have placed a link to this thread in the sticky pertaining to the new Trader rating system
Last edited by Bud Morrison; Jul 13, 2004 at 02:39 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 03:14 PM
Find More Posts by jperch
Too lazy to repair!
No problem Bud. I just wanted it to stay visible here long enough for you guys to get the credit you deserve.

Joe
Old Jul 13, 2004, 03:20 PM
Find More Posts by Art Newland
CD-ROM Junkie
any way to incorporate our old rating into the new one?
Old Jul 13, 2004, 05:23 PM
Find More Posts by mlehman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
any way to incorporate our old rating into the new one?
I think that is a great idea !! There was a lot of good feedback that could be moved over..instead of having to start from 0 again

Mike
Old Jul 13, 2004, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by Andy W
Someone would have to enter the data manually. There was no "old system", just a list maintained by a kindly moderator..
..a