TFL Zonda Cat Twin Drive ARTR V2 - RC Groups

TFL Zonda Cat Twin Drive ARTR V2

The V2 Twin Drive Zonda Catamaran looks like a solid 41" boat that's all about one thing, speed...

Splash

41" Twin Cat for Racing

The V2 Twin Drive Zonda Catamaran looks like a solid 41" boat that's all about one thing, speed. It's well built and comes outfitted with high quality electronics and hardware. The hull is made from fiberglass with a layer of Kevlar included for extra support during demanding high speed runs. The power system included has two Seaking 120A water cooled and water proof speed controllers connected to two TFL SSS 3674 brushless motors with a smoking kv of 2075 with adjustable twin struts for tuning. All that power is transferred to two counter rotating metal props.

The Zonda Cat is listed at $794.95 and you'll just need to provide a steering servo, your radio system, and two 3S or 4S 45C ~5000mAH Lipo batteries to get yourself powering through the water.

Learn more about the TFL Zonda Cat Twin Drive ARTR V2 at OffShoreElectrics.

Oct 06, 2015, 12:09 PM
Just received mine! Build quality seems pretty good. Like any RTR/ATR, you need to go over the build. There were a few nuts/bolts that needed to be tightened. I removed most anyhow to give them a shot of blue locktite as well. I did remove the Deans connectors in favor of larger bullets. Other than that, she is a beautiful cat!
Oct 06, 2015, 12:19 PM
Kid at heart..
Can you confirm if this is fiberglass or CF. If I recall correctly, the V1 version was CF.
Oct 06, 2015, 03:27 PM
This (the painted version )is fiberglass with Kevlar inlay
Oct 07, 2015, 04:27 AM
The crazy Swede.....
looks like i made the wrong choice in May ordering the TFL Genesis....
Oct 07, 2015, 04:30 AM
I have the single engine version which I'm about to sell so I can get the twin. Not sure if it was just mine but I left some of the supplied waterproof tape on the side of the hull for 30min, when I went to pull the tape of it took a small part of the clear coat and decal underneath. When I get my next one I'm going to give it a light clear coat. This is a very nice looking boat
Oct 07, 2015, 12:54 PM
The crazy Swede.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma888
I have the single engine version which I'm about to sell so I can get the twin. Not sure if it was just mine but I left some of the supplied waterproof tape on the side of the hull for 30min, when I went to pull the tape of it took a small part of the clear coat and decal underneath. When I get my next one I'm going to give it a light clear coat. This is a very nice looking boat
the new TFL Zonda?

sounds like the clearcote on my Genesis, ripps off eazy.

Tho regular hatch tape is not enuff to keep my hatch on if i crash.
so i use duct tape instead now only..
Oct 08, 2015, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdac
the new TFL Zonda?

sounds like the clearcote on my Genesis, ripps off eazy.

Tho regular hatch tape is not enuff to keep my hatch on if i crash.
so i use duct tape instead now only..
My single engine version is the genesis hull which the same paint scheme as this one and the gel coat is pretty thin on the sides. This hull looks the same as my genesis but with Kevlar inside (had a look at my local store) I'll be getting this twin soon, so I'll put an extra gel coat on. Really nice boat and like this new paint scheme.
Oct 08, 2015, 09:02 AM
The crazy Swede.....
Quote:
My single engine version is the genesis hull which the same paint scheme as this one and the gel coat is pretty thin on the sides. This hull looks the same as my genesis but with Kevlar inside (had a look at my local store) I'll be getting this twin soon, so I'll put an extra gel coat on. Really nice boat and like this new paint scheme.
that sounds not so good if its the Genesis hull, its to narrow to ma taste, the Genesis hull have 25% wide hull of its length, i would like it to be more like 30-35%
Oct 09, 2015, 09:46 AM
The hull is not the same as the genesis. It's the TFL Zonda hull, this hull is wider than the genesis.
Oct 09, 2015, 05:51 PM
searched around, apparently this is 300mm and the Genesis is 245mm.
Oct 09, 2015, 06:52 PM
The crazy Swede.....
Quote:
searched around, apparently this is 300mm and the Genesis is 245mm.
its better, its about 30% wide of its length then..

i regret i dident buy the Zonda....

tho i dont like the fake exhaust pipes on the Zonda
Oct 09, 2015, 06:57 PM
The crazy Swede.....
anyhow, iam working out a frame templet, gonna build my own Offshore cat with specīs i think in my opinion is better boat specīs than i have on my Genny.

tho i have confirmed that the Genny is realy good in bigger waves, handles shoppy water realy nice tho its a bit narrow..
Oct 12, 2015, 07:05 AM
What's a good servo to use in these?
Oct 12, 2015, 07:10 AM
Quote:
What's a good servo to use in these?
Any standard size servo will fit, but I use the standard Futaba servo (S3003 I think) as they're fairly cheap, well made and reliable. Not waterproof, but can be made waterproof if you feel necessary.

Quick Reply