Thread Tools
Oct 05, 2015, 10:26 PM
Registered User
Buran's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

Moonbeam Does Right


I donít often agree with Gov. Jerry Brown, but I feel on this one he does right. He signed AB 15 into law today, Californiaís version of a right to die with dignity law. Of course it will be challenged.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/05/us/cal...ion/index.html
Oct 05, 2015, 10:28 PM
Registered User
Deadstick 8409's Avatar
Good.
Should be a federal thing.

Great netflix movie on the subject. Have a milkshake. Die. sure looked a lot better than fighting the last few weeks/months of hell.
Oct 05, 2015, 11:00 PM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
rcposter's Avatar
It's a difficult issue. But the libertarian in me wins out once again, and I think this is a good development.

By the way, seems to me Jerry Brown has been an unexpectedly good governor.
Oct 05, 2015, 11:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran
I donít often agree with Gov. Jerry Brown, but I feel on this one he does right. He signed AB 15 into law today, Californiaís version of a right to die with dignity law. Of course it will be challenged.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/05/us/cal...ion/index.html
Now if the governor would take the opportunity to use it along with 80% of the residence in the state house I might come back to California.
Latest blog entry: Self defense is Legal.
Oct 05, 2015, 11:34 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
logan5's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran
I donít often agree with Gov. Jerry Brown, but I feel on this one he does right. He signed AB 15 into law today, Californiaís version of a right to die with dignity law. Of course it will be challenged.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/05/us/cal...ion/index.html
honestly, this is the right thing ... if we value personal freedoms and believe that the ultimate expression of that freedom is the right to do what we wish with our own bodies ... then the right to die must not be infringed.
Oct 06, 2015, 04:19 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5
honestly, this is the right thing ... if we value personal freedoms and believe that the ultimate expression of that freedom is the right to do what we wish with our own bodies ... then the right to die must not be infringed.
Absolutely agree. The only actual thing we own (for our entire life time, in fact ) is ourselves - all else is purely temporary!

As far as I'm concerned, what I choose to do with me is nobody else's business, they can all bugger off!
Oct 06, 2015, 07:21 AM
Registered User
Good on Brown for doing the right thing. We all should be able to die in painless dignity.
Oct 06, 2015, 07:26 AM
Random Pic #23982
Indiana_Geoff's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
Good on Brown for doing the right thing. We all should be able to die in painless dignity.
As opposed to having your arms cut off, pelvis crushed and laid out on a petri dish to die after the organs are harvested.
Oct 06, 2015, 07:36 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff
As opposed to having your arms cut off, pelvis crushed and laid out on a petri dish to die after the organs are harvested.
That's preposterous. How do you propose getting all that on a petri dish?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools