Jun 30, 2018, 03:39 PM
Hold my beer and watch this
Just posted my double carbon in the classifieds, check it out!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Double-Carbon
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2018, 03:09 PM
Learning to fly

4 servo wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercando
Has anybody given thought to building the Stormchaser with 4 servos? Mine is getting close in the build que and I happen to have 4 6125 minis on hand

Lee
Also curious about that. An idea so silly not worth commenting on because it's so hard to dial in this thing that getting crow to work on it is completely unrealistic? Because crow doesn't work on planks period? Or an idea that could work?
Last edited by Wapa; Nov 27, 2018 at 04:17 PM.
Nov 27, 2018, 05:23 PM
Yes, ALL your money...
I set up “reverse crow” on my gizmo 2m
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...NSTER-GIZMO-2m
Nov 27, 2018, 07:20 PM
Rock Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by winchdoc
I set up “reverse crow” on my gizmo 2m
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...NSTER-GIZMO-2m
Doc
What page is your setup on?

I've got reverse crow on the windfire2000 get some braking from it. I'm still working on outer systems to get more braking.
Nov 27, 2018, 07:26 PM
Yes, ALL your money...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post36799790
Apr 30, 2019, 07:06 AM
Learning to fly

Variable Center of Gravity

Hello!

I built a linear servo into the fuselage and attached a 20g weight at the end. Moving it over 100mm I can change the CG position by about 1.5mm. This makes it easy to feel out different CG positions in flight. I have three flight modes with CG at 0, +0.5 and +1mm. When testing and the CG turns out to be too aft, I can simply flip the flight mode switch back and have a flyable plane again.

Once the CG is well adjusted, the possibility to fly with a more forward CG can be used for a higher lift, more forgiving flight mode (CG forward, trim up) for launch, climb and landing.

The Elevon trim changes only about 0.1mm (!) when moving the CG by 1mm. My trim is at approximately 1mm up.

In the attached .SPM file the CG servo is on Flap, Flight Modes are on Switch B and the position of the CG can be adjusted for each flight mode separately with L TRIM. Rates reduce for flight modes with a more aft CG.

There are also BillO's Landing Brakes on the Throttle Stick (Aileron Version) and on Switch C (Elevator Version). Aileron has been tested and works, Elevator hasn't been tested yet.
Apr 30, 2019, 07:51 AM
Interesting!

I do it also in my planks, moving a 500g tungsten-ballast by a Savöx standard-servo.
The CG is coupled also to the elevator, elevator down forces CG forward and vice versa.

Vari SP (0 min 22 sec)

Nevertheless I didnt feel to become subtstantial advantages except finding the sweet CG-Spot while maiden-fligth.
(In other planks like Amokka and Petoma the benefits are higher specially in thermalling) so I forgot the whole thing in DS-Planks after the last crash...

SC Sauerlandcrash (0 min 24 sec)

Storm DS (2 min 3 sec)

Sorry for breathing like Darth Vader but I was little strained from landing deep in the coal-hole and running back to catch the increasing wind...

Chears,
Claas
Last edited by claas; May 05, 2019 at 02:02 PM.
Apr 30, 2019, 06:28 PM
608 km/h!
Very clever guys!
May 01, 2019, 03:07 AM
Will try! Never really found the sweetspot for my SC. Thanks!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
May 05, 2019, 01:15 AM
AvB
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Wow Claas that's an amazing place to fly! Awesome launching and flying. Those wind turbines would freak me out I think. Maybe they're further away than it looks but it looks scarily close. Is that three power stations around the coal mine? Where is the location??
May 05, 2019, 05:20 AM
a wing is enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvB
Where is the location??
We call it "Mordor"

Mordor is in the west of Germany
May 05, 2019, 01:58 PM
Hehe Uwe, I always thought Mordor is in the east of Germany...
AvB - the turbines are more than 300feet away from our widest luv-turn, in generally more than 400feet.

Quick Reply