Oct 03, 2015, 05:52 PM
" DID U SEE THAT!!!? "
Thread OP
Build Log

Delta Force Vortex 24" Hydro

Hi Guys......
Im stocking up on my winter projects..... So far I have an Insane FE30...Delta Force Mini Sniper........ a Vortex 16" mini Hydro..... & now a just ordered Delta Force Vortex 24" Hydro.
I want this little guy to fly......What motor , ESC and prop should I be going with? THNX Davo
Last edited by davonat; Oct 03, 2015 at 07:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2015, 08:37 PM
Closed Account
What surprises me is the Pepper at 455mm. Now being a fiberglass bare hull has a lot of potential even tho the price is above $75.00 should endure for some time.
Oct 04, 2015, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Manning
What surprises me is the Pepper at 455mm. Now being a fiberglass bare hull has a lot of potential even tho the price is above $75.00 should endure for some time.
The hull on it's own is about $40 on Banggood
Oct 10, 2015, 10:06 PM
" DID U SEE THAT!!!? "
Thread OP
Not sure what those last 2 posts were about...........But here is a pic of my new hull with a comparison with the 16" Vortex. I really am excited about this build.... I just love the looks of this hull & the quality is very good. Ive ordered the strut, rudder & also a UL1 turn fin Just waiting for FARMER to chime in on what Electrics are needed to make it FAST! Davo

"CALLING ALL FARMERS!"
Oct 10, 2015, 10:10 PM
big ignore list/drama is dumb
Cool Hydro
they also make a 34"
Oct 10, 2015, 10:14 PM
" DID U SEE THAT!!!? "
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
Cool Hydro
they also make a 34"
Yeah... but I have a Insane FE30 thats just waiting to be assembled.... got everything to do it....Not much info out there on this hull......But a couple videos on U Tube show this boat. Very fast..... but they didnt look trimmed correctly..... SO could be alot faster. 1 guy was going in left hand turns.... clearly a rook !
Last edited by davonat; Oct 10, 2015 at 10:25 PM.
Oct 10, 2015, 10:27 PM
big ignore list/drama is dumb
I Raced an FE30 in D20 last season, and changed out to my Aussie 30
much easier to tape up.. LOL

just letting others know if they like these hulls they offer a bigger one at 34"
Oct 11, 2015, 08:27 AM
" DID U SEE THAT!!!? "
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
Cool Hydro
they also make a 34"
Yeah...... but the bottom will have to be epoxy painted white I will do the orange Mini Sniper bottom at the same time
Oct 24, 2015, 07:32 PM
" DID U SEE THAT!!!? "
Thread OP
Still looking for motor recomendations.............??????
Oct 24, 2015, 10:54 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
davonat.
Not sure what's happened to farmer. A few of us are really missing him on these forums.
I've bought a couple of these motors some time ago & are impressed with them in a couple of different boats. I'm not saying they are a world beater but one of them would easily power that little hydro with a seaking 120A & a 437/3 or 440/3 prop or a x442. A great price with free shipping.
They're capable of 1800 watts if you load it up with a bigger prop, but too big of a prop will probably twist that little hydro off the water so it's best to stay with a smaller prop & let the motor sing.

http://www.tomtop.com/3674-4poles-22...FUYJvAodn2cNAQ

Just a thought.
Oct 25, 2015, 12:48 AM
" DID U SEE THAT!!!? "
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 785boats
davonat.
Not sure what's happened to farmer. A few of us are really missing him on these forums.
I've bought a couple of these motors some time ago & are impressed with them in a couple of different boats. I'm not saying they are a world beater but one of them would easily power that little hydro with a seaking 120A & a 437/3 or 440/3 prop or a x442. A great price with free shipping.
They're capable of 1800 watts if you load it up with a bigger prop, but too big of a prop will probably twist that little hydro off the water so it's best to stay with a smaller prop & let the motor sing.

http://www.tomtop.com/3674-4poles-22...FUYJvAodn2cNAQ

Just a thought.
Thanks "SO MUCH" 785........ I really appreciate you giving me the info I was looking for. I know boats..... Just am new to the electric scene.... and need guidance in the power department... THNX! Davo
Oct 25, 2015, 08:50 AM
" DID U SEE THAT!!!? "
Thread OP
OK...... Just placed my order for that motor. Now I can order the remaining bits....ESC Mount Waterjacket...ect
Oct 26, 2015, 02:51 AM
I hope you are happy with it.
If you scroll down to post #28 in the following link, you will see a pic of one in a 35" hydro I'm building. I'm confident it will drive that hull at a good clip. So I'm sure it will push the Vortex along pretty well. If it doesn't. Well, I apologise now.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2491089&page=2
Oct 26, 2015, 05:26 PM
" DID U SEE THAT!!!? "
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 785boats
I hope you are happy with it.
If you scroll down to post #28 in the following link, you will see a pic of one in a 35" hydro I'm building. I'm confident it will drive that hull at a good clip. So I'm sure it will push the Vortex along pretty well. If it doesn't. Well, I apologise now.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2491089&page=2
Im sure its WAY more than needed.... Ive got a Leopard 3674 in my Blackjack 29 Cat and it pushes upper 60's with 2 5000mah packs
The price was rite though....... and will run it 3s maybe 4
Last edited by davonat; Oct 26, 2015 at 07:00 PM.
Oct 27, 2015, 01:09 AM
It's definitely a 4s motor with those smallish props, buddy.
Running it on 3s would need a bigger prop, for any decent speed, which might induce a bit of torque roll & prop walk. Not to mention a higher current draw.
For smallish boats, I prefer higher revs with smaller props. The boats seem just a bit more settled on the water in my mind.
Last edited by 785boats; Oct 27, 2015 at 01:10 AM. Reason: punctuation

Quick Reply