Oct 03, 2015, 09:31 AM
Thread OP
Question

Servo arm/output shaft slop in modelle-Expert (Mexx) 85 BB MG servo

I've been reading through forums that mention servo slop, the potential causes and issues. Simple methods of fixing slop in linkages etc...

Most of what I read was in relation to servos that have had a serious incident; others focused on the comparative quality of certain specific servos, and the slop they exhibit in general, and whether this is a problem or not.

I have a brand new servo, not flown yet that exhibits more slop than I have previously encountered in my limited 1.5 years of r/c experience. When 'on' the slop is still evident, but any induced movement is re-centered.

My question is, other than losing a tooth or similar significant physical damage; what could be allowing the output shaft to rotate freely causing the slop?

Other than the slop the servo responds well to rapid oscillatory input from the controller, always reaching the same endpoints, and centering on the same spot.

Is there a risk of fatal loss of servo control? Or simply sloppy controls? Any suggestions to reduce slop at this point?
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply