Official DJI OSMO ****Owners Thread**** - RC Groups
Oct 03, 2015, 10:28 AM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
Discussion

Official DJI OSMO ****Owners Thread****

Redefine Creativity

Introducing the DJI Osmo (4 min 1 sec)

DJI Osmo
DJI Osmo Handle Only (for Inspire 1 Owners)(note: This does not come with the storage case. Pick that up here)

Accessories:
Extra Intelligent Battery(never run out of juice)
Straight Arm Extension(used to attach more than one accessory at a time.
Universal Mount(so you can attach an external microphone with say the Mobile Device Holder)
Bike Handlebar Mount
Tripod Mount
Extention Mount or Selfie Stick(combinable with Tripod)
Extra Intelligent Battery Charger(if you want to charge your extra batteries simultaneously)

FAQ

Camera/Gimbal

Whatís the difference between the Osmoís camera and the Inspire 1ís camera?

The mechanical structure of the OsmoĎs camera is handled for hand held use. The 3-axis gimbal can be flattened and locked, and the orientation of the tilt motor has been changed. There are many small changes inside the camera and gimbal as well.

Does the Osmo have ND filters?

The standard package includes a UV filter only, like the Inspire 1. Users will need to purchase ND filters as optional accessories.

How can I change the gimbal settings and its behavior?
Gimbal settings and behavior can be changed in the DJI Go app. After entering the Osmo's Camera View, go to Setting → Gimbal to change gimbal profiles, turn on or off SmoothTrack for the Pan or Tilt axis, adjust SmoothTrack parameters, and change the control stick settings.

What happens if I turn on Osmo while the gimbal is locked?
The camera will be turned on but the gimbal will remain in sleep mode. Unlock all the gimbal motors and double tab the front trigger to wake the gimbal, and the Osmo is ready to go.

Can I use the Inspire 1ís camera with the Osmo?
Yes. After installing it on the Osmo, please update the camera to the latest firmware using the DJI GO app.

Handle

What will happen if my Osmoís battery depletes while Iím recording video?
The video is saved as a temporary file on the microSD card as you record it. If the battery runs out while recording, the video can be recovered by inserting a new, charged battery. The Osmo will then automatically start a process to recover the video for you.

What is the maximum range for remotely controlling the Osmo?
Approximately 25m.

How long does the Osmo's battery last?

A fully charged battery lasts for 60 minutes when recording video, and 6 hours of stand-by.

How long does it take to charge the battery?
60 minutes.

Is the Osmo waterproof?

No. Please do not expose your Osmo to water or moisture. Always use a dry cloth to clean it.

What accessories are available for the Osmo?

The available accessories are: Straight Extension Arm, Bike Mount, Universal Mount, Extension Rod, and a Tripod for use with the Extension Rod.

App/Functions

What is the DJI GO App, and where can I download it?
DJI GO is an easy-to-use mobile application for iOS and Android devices for use together with DJI products. It is available on the App Store and Google Play. For more information please visit: http://www.dji.com/product/goapp

The iOS version of the app v2.3 and the Android version both support OSMO, Inspire 1 Pro, Matrice and Lightbridge 2 in addition to the usual craft.

How do I use the different Panorama modes?
When in Camera View in the DJI GO app, tap Photo Modes and select Pano. You'll find 2 different modes: Automatic Panorama and Selfie Panorama. Choose your preferred mode and wait for the camera to move to its starting position.
In Automatic Panorama mode, simply hold the Osmo still while it automatically turns to capture photos.
For Selfie Panorama, the camera's initial points at you. Tap the shutter release and the camera will automatically capture a 180 degree panorama with the user in the center.
The finished panoramas can be found under Playback in the DJI GO app, and the individual photos used to compose the panorama can be found in a separate folder on the microSD card.

How do I shoot long exposure ?
Long exposure shots can be captured by setting a slower shutter speed by tapping the fourth icon from the top, on the left side of the DJI GO app while in Camera View. Choose S or M mode and then adjust the shutter speed accordingly. A slower shutter speed will result in longer exposures.

Can I review the finished panorama within the DJI GO app after shooting?

Yes, you can review the finished panorama within DJI GO by going to Playback.

Can I close the DJI GO app and remove my smartphone from the holder while the Osmo is recording video?
Yes. You can remove your smartphone and the camera will continue recording video or capturing photos.

Can I control the camera via the DJI GO app?

Yes, you can select different shooting modes (i.e. Panorama, Multi Shot, Interval, or Timelapse), change camera settings, and capture photo or video by using DJI GO.

NOTE

the OSMO x3 camera will NOT BE compatible with inspire mounts

Inspire x3 and x5 Cameras WILL BE compatible with OSMO handle but only after a firmware update to the inspire x3 /x5 units. after the firmware update, the inspire x3 /x5 will work on either the inspire or the OSMO

Also note that a mounting adaptor will be required for the X5 and the X5R. The X3 is plug and play after a firmware upgrade.
Last edited by eirlink; Feb 19, 2016 at 02:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2015, 04:53 PM
RIP Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr.
Haha you beet Ed to it
Oct 07, 2015, 04:58 PM
that is funny. (reserving this post for future use)

I would hope we could buy the DJI Osmo in a kit with an X5 for $2499 or less. Considering the I1 Pro is only $1600 more than the I1 with the X3, that seems very reasonable.

-mixmaven
Last edited by mixmaven; Oct 08, 2015 at 04:17 PM.
Oct 07, 2015, 05:00 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
Ed has and always will have my full respect so can have this place anytime.
i was an owner.
Last edited by eirlink; Feb 19, 2016 at 02:30 PM.
Oct 07, 2015, 05:02 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixmaven
that is funny. (reserving this post for future use)

I would hope we could buy this gimbal/osmo in a kit with an X5 for $2499 or less. Considering the I1 Pro is only $1600 more than the I1 with the X3, that seems very reasonable.

-mixmaven
kit?
is a separate product
Oct 07, 2015, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirlink
kit?
is a separate product
They will also sell the Osmo with a camera for those people that don't have an I1 or I1 Pro today. It is a stand alone product for everyone without at UAV. Take it to Disney World.

$999 with an X3 and $2499 with the X5???? Anyone else care to guess?
Last edited by mixmaven; Oct 07, 2015 at 07:08 PM.
Oct 08, 2015, 12:36 PM
Gorilla Drone
Introducing the DJI Osmo (4 min 1 sec)

DJI Osmo Intro Video
Oct 08, 2015, 12:58 PM
literally just seen this so apologies of this has already been stated somehwere but as you can use the inspire camera on osmo, can you do the reverse and use osmo camera on the inspire ??
Oct 08, 2015, 01:00 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrophantom
literally just seen this so apologies of this has already been stated somehwere but as you can use the inspire camera on osmo, can you do the reverse and use osmo camera on the inspire ??
All answers here....

http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/faq
Oct 08, 2015, 01:22 PM
oh man. Sweet device. I ordered one

who else is getting one??

The DJI Osmo

Wonder if we can put ND filters on it? Maybe the Inspire 1 filters?

DJI Osmo
DJI Osmo Handle Only (for Inspire 1 Owners)(note: This does not come with the storage case. Pick that up here)

Accessories:
Extra Intelligent Battery(never run out of juice)
Straight Arm Extension(used to attach more than one accessory at a time.
Universal Mount(so you can attach an external microphone with say the Mobile Device Holder)
Bike Handlebar Mount
Tripod Mount
Extention Mount or Selfie Stick(combinable with Tripod)
Extra Intelligent Battery Charger(if you want to charge your extra batteries simultaneously)

here are all the videos DJI has posted with the OSMO:

Introducing the DJI Osmo
Introducing the DJI Osmo (3 min 56 sec)

DJI Osmo - Moments
DJI Osmo - Moments (2 min 12 sec)

DJI Osmo - Evolution
DJI Osmo - Evolution (1 min 42 sec)

DJI Osmo - Southwestern United States
DJI Osmo - Southwestern United States (1 min 8 sec)

DJI Osmo - Peru
DJI Osmo - Peru (1 min 15 sec)

DJI Osmo - India
DJI Osmo - India (1 min 9 sec)

DJI OSMO on set with X5
DJI Osmo - On Set with the X5 (2 min 47 sec)

DJI Osmo Spain
DJI Osmo - Spain (1 min 9 sec)
Last edited by Elhungarian; Nov 04, 2015 at 04:41 PM.
Oct 08, 2015, 01:27 PM
ohhh yes I will have some of this ta !!
Oct 08, 2015, 01:29 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
Me

Why do you think I started the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elhungarian
oh man. Sweet device. I ordered one

who else is getting one??

http://www.quadcopterguide.com/DJIOsmo

Wonder if we can put ND filters on it? Maybe the Inspire 1 filters?
Oct 08, 2015, 01:58 PM
haha i finally got my order through.. The DJI site is getting hammered
Last edited by Elhungarian; Oct 08, 2015 at 02:55 PM.
Oct 08, 2015, 03:14 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
mines on route.