Oct 02, 2015, 06:21 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Enya 90-4c engine low idle adjustment

Hi all, I just picked up this motor with no instructions.
Enya 90-4C
Can anyone tell me what the factory setting is for "Low Idle mixture".
I noticed there 2 needles on top of the carb (1) is the Low Idle and the other Idle speed setting. Need help or input on both of these, high end is a no brainer. Engine has about 45 minutes of bench break-in time and flight time about 1/2 hour. She dies every time at idle below 4000 rpm. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2015, 07:26 PM
Play that funky music right
My 90 has an air bleed carb. I have the screw wide open and it is still a bit rich at idle but it is rock solid and transitions perfectly. I haven't messed any further. No use fixing something that isn't broken

Ken
Oct 02, 2015, 07:45 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
My .46-4C likes the airbleed about halfway open using a suction feed. 60-4C likes a richer idle setting; slightly burbly in transition to WOT - I use suction feed in this one too. The R120-4C I have likes a clean idle setting - no burble at all. I use muffler pressure on this one - it's the only one that has a muffler though.
Oct 03, 2015, 08:42 AM
Thread OP
Thank you!
Just to be clear in my mind. Looking down from the top of the engine at the carb, I am assuming the low end idle mixing is directly behind the inlet manifold and the air bleed you all speak of is the idle speed adjusting screw off to the side of the inlet manifold. Is this correct?
I'm used to the OS and Saito 4 stroke engines!
Oct 03, 2015, 09:04 AM
GloBroz PowerLab
Enya's with airbleed trim carbs don't have an idle mixture needle. The idle mixture is preset at the factory and ground into the carb barrel. The airbleed is a trim only. They are metered airbleed carbs.

The airbleed screw is going to be inline with the hole either vertically or horizontally. The other screw will be the idle stop for controlling how far closed the barrel will go. Most guys set it so the barrel will close completely to stop the engine.
Oct 03, 2015, 07:15 PM
What is a low speed idle?? Is there another kind. A high speed idle?? All of my my engines only have one kind of idle. Just asking.
Oct 04, 2015, 05:09 PM
Thread OP
All Magnum, Saito and OS 4 strokes that I've owned have a Low end (idle) needle and High end needle adjustment.
These Enya 4 strokes are different they have the typical high end needle adjustment. No low end (idle) on the opposite side of the carb. The the above mentioned engine manufacturers have the low end needle adjustment located on the opposite side of the high end needle adjustment. I'm just not used to seeing the 2 needles shown referring to the pics above by 1quicksport2.5r ???
Oct 04, 2015, 05:33 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftwaffe60
All Magnum, Saito and OS 4 strokes that I've owned have a Low end (idle) needle and High end needle adjustment.
These Enya 4 strokes are different they have the typical high end needle adjustment. No low end (idle) on the opposite side of the carb. The the above mentioned engine manufacturers have the low end needle adjustment located on the opposite side of the high end needle adjustment. I'm just not used to seeing the 2 needles shown referring to the pics above by 1quicksport2.5r ???
What two needles? Enya 4-cycles with the metered airbleed Carburetors only have one needle. The airbleed trim is right in front and super easy to see. Set the main needle to peak revs and back off 400rpm rich and set the airbleed to it transitions well. Nothing hard or complicated.
Oct 05, 2015, 06:56 AM
Thread OP
Your right and Thank you

Quick Reply