Triple Tree eWeek Update and Photos!

It's that time of year again at Triple Tree! The rain is falling but they are still having fun!

Splash

Your RCGroups eWeek Update!

Miss Ashley was on the ground for eWeek.

Here is her report:

Well, well, you all thought it was going to be a wash on Wednesday. The clouds parted and actually let the sun shine throughout the day. It was a nice day for flying, although I think the threat of bad weather scared a few patrons away this year. Nonetheless, the main flight line was abuzz as I ran into Wayne Matthews from "Sew Busy." Lots of warbirds and prototypes were out.

I was lucky enough to get a few shots of Camden Helms, an eight year old with wicked thumbs. He was ready to test out some of Extreme Flight's new toys. You'll see a new bird in their arsenal dubbed "The Legacy" imagined by Cody Wojick and due out around Thanksgiving.

Heavy winds made flying more difficult on Thursday, but definitely not impossible. I did see Pat out on his huge mower and his excavator Wed and Thurs. This man never quits!

I hear around town the concrete slabs behind the hangar are set to be one part aviation museum and one part plane restoration shop. Some really neat and constant changes happening at Triple Tree.

It's time we batten down the hatches tonight in preparation for Mother Nature's fury. Hope to see you all dry tomorrow! Here's to hoping!

Oct 02, 2015, 10:40 AM
Thread OP
More photos...
Oct 02, 2015, 04:42 PM
352nd FG Association
How's the weather there today?
Oct 02, 2015, 09:07 PM
Electric Fight Columnist
I doubt there's anyone there to tell you. It was a mass exodus this morning in light rain and gusty wind. They were breaking everything down ahead of tonight/tomorrow' severe weather.
Oct 03, 2015, 08:42 AM
Perpetual Noob

Let's put it this way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam
How's the weather there today?
I live less than 90 miles from the field and I wouldn't have gone in this weather. We knew about the storm and weather predictions well before it opened on the 28th (at least the gates opened) and made the decision it wouldn't be worth even the spectator fee to try and attend.
Oct 03, 2015, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the good assortment of photos Mr. Graham! Next best thing to bein' there.
Oct 03, 2015, 11:39 AM
Extremely Twisted
EF had the Pantera at E-week? I thought the Pantera project had been terminated.
Oct 03, 2015, 02:48 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
The Pantera has been converted to a Speed Freak airplane
Oct 03, 2015, 04:04 PM
Addicted to 3DHS, EF and Flex
what size is that slick in the photo? not the 44 as the control surfaces look airfoiled in the pic?
Oct 03, 2015, 08:42 PM
It may be the 60" . I spoke with The guys about it. It looks fantastic in person. I posted a picture in the registration thread.
Oct 04, 2015, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdad99
It may be the 60" . I spoke with The guys about it. It looks fantastic in person. I posted a picture in the registration thread.
A 60'' would be cool! If they could get them in stock by the end of next month I would be down for one.
Oct 04, 2015, 10:47 AM
Extremely Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaseTheAce
The Pantera has been converted to a Speed Freak airplane
Seriously?
Oct 04, 2015, 07:43 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict
A 60'' would be cool! If they could get them in stock by the end of next month I would be down for one.
ya, 60". end of next month not likely.
Oct 05, 2015, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
ya, 60". end of next month not likely.
I have a feeling when I get out of college in may and head back to the flight field I will be putting in my 60'' yak....and will need another 60'' bird. So I can wait for it LOL. Will just get a 60'' laser or 61'' extra to build over winter break.

Quick Reply