Charge control software on windows 10? - RC Groups
Sep 29, 2015, 08:37 PM
Discussion

Charge control software on windows 10?

I was wondering if anyone has has success getting the charge control software to connect to the charger if the computer is running windows 10?

Last weekend, I updated an old laptop to windows 10... Sadly, that laptop is what I use for running the charge control software. Since the update, the software can no longer find the charger.

Every thing still works find on another windows 7 computer. My guess is something is failing with the driver software which is not really part of the charge control package... but I still haven't figured out how to fix it using the normal tricks.

David
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2015, 11:18 PM
Weird. The driver just started working some of the time. Need to plug and unplug the USB cable until the CCS recognizes the cellpro.
Sep 30, 2015, 04:22 PM
Been on 10 since the early betas. All working.
Dec 21, 2015, 09:09 PM
I know this thread has been idle for a while, but maybe someone will end up here like I did.

I found this message when I was looking for help with the same problem. Win 10 upgrade and CCS quit working=driver problem.

I found this site, and applied the driver update and it works fine.

http://www.ifamilysoftware.com/news37.html

Good luck !

D
Dec 22, 2015, 10:37 AM

thanks for the update.

As the original poster.... I ended up reverting the windows 10 laptop back to windows 7. As a hardware hacker, I have a whole drawer full of various cables for connecting devices to the laptop for data acquisition or control.

My problem was that it was usually possible to fix a problem using a workaround. But, after plugging in a different device, windows 10 would try to 'update' the driver back to a non-working driver.

Glad you found a solution that works for you.
Dec 22, 2015, 01:10 PM
Doesn't that fix only apply to fake prolific chips in the USB/SERIAL converter?

Mine worked fine as is. Laptop and PC. 64 bit Win 10.

Meaning you have a fake cloned chip? So that really should go back to Cellpro?
Dec 22, 2015, 02:24 PM
The FUIM3 uses the FTDI chipset. The older FUIM2 used the Prolific chipset.
Dec 23, 2015, 09:15 PM
"This Device cannot start (Code 10)"

"No driver installed for this device"

"Device driver was not successfully installed"

The Internet is full of web pages discussing this problem, but no one seems to know what causes it. Even the companies selling these USB to Serial adapters appear to be dumfounded.

What has happened is that there have been counterfeit "Prolific" chips coming from China. The counterfeit chips use the same Vendor ID (VID_067B) and Product ID (PID_2303) as the authentic Prolific chips. So, Prolific made changes to their newest drivers to render the adapters using counterfeit chips unusable. Unfortunately, it renders all earlier adapters inoperative and so you have to go out and buy new ones. Planned obsolescence? Getting a working driver installed for the average user is almost impossible.

The Prolific 64-bit drivers that Microsoft supplies via Windows Update, Versions 3.4.67.325, 3.4.25.218, 2.1.51.238, and 3.4.62.293 will not work with most adapters and issues the generic "Code 10" error. Or, you may get no error at all, but your device will not work.

So its not relevant then... Only to older adapters. Even so they must use fake chips?
Dec 23, 2015, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWilliamson
"This Device cannot start (Code 10)"

"No driver installed for this device"

"Device driver was not successfully installed"

The Internet is full of web pages discussing this problem, but no one seems to know what causes it. Even the companies selling these USB to Serial adapters appear to be dumfounded.

What has happened is that there have been counterfeit "Prolific" chips coming from China. The counterfeit chips use the same Vendor ID (VID_067B) and Product ID (PID_2303) as the authentic Prolific chips. So, Prolific made changes to their newest drivers to render the adapters using counterfeit chips unusable. Unfortunately, it renders all earlier adapters inoperative and so you have to go out and buy new ones. Planned obsolescence? Getting a working driver installed for the average user is almost impossible.

The Prolific 64-bit drivers that Microsoft supplies via Windows Update, Versions 3.4.67.325, 3.4.25.218, 2.1.51.238, and 3.4.62.293 will not work with most adapters and issues the generic "Code 10" error. Or, you may get no error at all, but your device will not work.

So its not relevant then... Only to older adapters. Even so they must use fake chips?
http://www.zdnet.com/article/ftdi-ad...silent-update/
Apr 18, 2017, 01:13 AM
Apparently the FMA FUIM2 adapter that I have has real prolific chips, because I am still using that driver fix 2 years later. I'm not sure what is changing it in my system, but once in a while I have to re-update it.

Occasionally, I have to re-install the driver update using the following just as before ;

http://www.ifamilysoftware.com/news37.html

You must follow the directions precisely.

And it has never failed to restore function to my FUIM2 (Prolific) interface for FMA Charge Control Software in Win 10 64 bit.

I hope this has helped some others to keep running FMA CCS in Win 10 too.