Sep 29, 2015, 02:02 AM
Ultra_rc
Thread OP
Question

Small, cheap tow glider?

I am on a mission to share my hobby with my little brother, what I want to do is tow up a small cheap glider with my brushless supercub and have him glide down learning to fly. It needs to be something that won't break the first time it hits a tree and will actually last and take a beating. It also can't really be shipped from the us as I live in New Zealand and the shipping cost will probably end up being more than the actual plane if shipping from the US to NZ.
Thanks, Reuben
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2015, 06:32 AM
Maybe the parkzone ka-8? (modelflight in Adelaide still has a few in stock)
How many watts does your supercub draw? May give us a better sense of your size range for towing.

Hussle
Sep 29, 2015, 08:50 AM
Lookup SpeedsterDEN on YouTube. He tows up just about everything using small electric planes - I recall one of them a Cub. Several gliders are cheap HK foamies.

Soren posts regularly on this site, so maybe you can pm him for more details.
Sep 29, 2015, 09:07 PM
Ultra_rc
Thread OP
Not sure how many watts, maybe 180 on the super cub? But the size I want to be around 1 metre or a bit bigger, nothing over 1.5m.
Oct 04, 2015, 04:30 PM
You could try the wicked wing or wicked wing xl from hobbyking, should probably be easy enough to fit a small tow release to. These are the same products as the windrider bee.

Hussle

Quick Reply