May 15, 2016, 06:08 AM
From Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by oize
This is possible. If EZ-GUI detects INav you will have mission planner link in upper right corner of the welcome screen and it stays there even without connection.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Thank you. Feeling stupid that I havent noticed those two buttons.. I was only searching in the dropdown menu.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2016, 01:05 PM

bluetooth-3dr-radio-bridge

Hi,

I just spent a few hours trying to figure out why my BT to 3DR bridge was not working : http://ez-gui.com/other/bluetooth-3dr-radio-bridge/

I had tested each component and could connect to the GUI via usb with 3dr radio and OTG cable. Also I could connect directly with bluetooth with a BT adapter connected to my FC ... But no luck with the bridge....
So I went to the source : http://www.hoperf.com/upload/docs/data_link/HM-TRP.pdf to verify the pinout of the HopeRF module. Sure enough it was not the same as on your schematic ...
TX is the second pad from the top,not the first. RX is the fourth not the third.

Either you are not using a HM-TRP module or there is an error in your schematic.

Anyway, all works well now. EZ GUI is a great APP. Thank you for that!

Cheers,

Chris
May 18, 2016, 12:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by leocopter
Hi,

I just spent a few hours trying to figure out why my BT to 3DR bridge was not working : http://ez-gui.com/other/bluetooth-3dr-radio-bridge/

I had tested each component and could connect to the GUI via usb with 3dr radio and OTG cable. Also I could connect directly with bluetooth with a BT adapter connected to my FC ... But no luck with the bridge....
So I went to the source : http://www.hoperf.com/upload/docs/data_link/HM-TRP.pdf to verify the pinout of the HopeRF module. Sure enough it was not the same as on your schematic ...
TX is the second pad from the top,not the first. RX is the fourth not the third.

Either you are not using a HM-TRP module or there is an error in your schematic.

Cheers,

Chris
You are right!
I don't know why I drew it like this.
I will fix it asap.
Thanks a lot.

May 19, 2016, 12:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by leocopter
Hi,

Cheers,

Chris
Corrected

May 19, 2016, 12:37 AM
what's system does your ground station support?
May 19, 2016, 10:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopXgun
what's system does your ground station support?
Android

Bart
May 22, 2016, 12:26 AM
GPS Info page still shows GPS lock even after the app was disconnected from the FC. This makes me think that the GPS still lock because I did not notice that it was disconnected.
May 25, 2016, 03:27 PM
Hello, everybody!
I just installed my new SP racing F3 board (guess it's clone). I used to have an CC3D, and EZ GUI worked perfectly with it.
But now i can't connect to SP flight controller. I can connect from Cleanflight application for Chrome, but when i connect USB to my phone, it doesn't offer to select application to open USB with (sorry for my terrible english, i hope you understand what i am saying). When i connect it to my tablet, where installed both EZ GUI and DroidPlanner, it offers to launch only DP. Ofcourse, i tried to manually launch EZ GUI and hit "Connect" button, but it doesn't work.
Can you help me?

I handled this myself.
Following steps allowed me to establish connection.
0. First thing - i selected Driver 0 and 115200 in EZ GUI configuration since that speed was selected in MSP UART1 port settings in FC.
1. Powered FC and waited a few seconds.
2. Connected USB to tablet and pressed cancel when it requested to open DroidPlanner.
3. Launched EZ GUI application and pressed "Connect".
4. After few seconds of waiting - connection was established. I saw notification "Something went wrong" but i was able to launch PID configurator, read and write params. Also it was a few messages "I2C Error=5" in notification area.
Last edited by FlyStav; May 26, 2016 at 02:24 AM.
May 25, 2016, 03:52 PM
I'm having also a lot of problems with the new version. Before everything worked.
One quad with Cyclone FC couldn't connect. But for some reason, now it does!
It will only connect to my Android HTC M9 phone when I first connect the OTG to my phone and after that I connect the cable to the Flight Controller. Had to set te driver to 1 - 115000.

But my second quad with LUX FC just won't connect. Can't find USB...
May 26, 2016, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutt
GPS Info page still shows GPS lock even after the app was disconnected from the FC. This makes me think that the GPS still lock because I did not notice that it was disconnected.
I will try to do something with it

Bart
May 27, 2016, 12:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyStav
Hello, everybody!
I just installed my new SP racing F3 board (guess it's clone). I used to have an CC3D, and EZ GUI worked perfectly with it.
But now i can't connect to SP flight controller. I can connect from Cleanflight application for Chrome, but when i connect USB to my phone, it doesn't offer to select application to open USB with (sorry for my terrible english, i hope you understand what i am saying). When i connect it to my tablet, where installed both EZ GUI and DroidPlanner, it offers to launch only DP. Ofcourse, i tried to manually launch EZ GUI and hit "Connect" button, but it doesn't work.
Can you help me?

I handled this myself.
Following steps allowed me to establish connection.
0. First thing - i selected Driver 0 and 115200 in EZ GUI configuration since that speed was selected in MSP UART1 port settings in FC.
1. Powered FC and waited a few seconds.
2. Connected USB to tablet and pressed cancel when it requested to open DroidPlanner.
3. Launched EZ GUI application and pressed "Connect".
4. After few seconds of waiting - connection was established. I saw notification "Something went wrong" but i was able to launch PID configurator, read and write params. Also it was a few messages "I2C Error=5" in notification area.
Yes the behavior is a little bit different now. The app will not start any more automatically after you connect the usb. This had to be removed to make place for automatic connection and disconnection when EZ-GUI is running. (Works only with driver 0)

Bart
May 27, 2016, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oize
I will try to do something with it

Bart
Thanks.
May 29, 2016, 09:11 PM
Looking at getting this software for my Samsung S7. What is the best way and device to connect to the Naze 32 rev5 board?
May 29, 2016, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beans07
Looking at getting this software for my Samsung S7. What is the best way and device to connect to the Naze 32 rev5 board?

I would bet a 3DR Telemerty CLone. Mine works great. I run it on soft serial at 19200 baud. and flashed them with multi Wii aware firmware. I also modded my air module going onto the air frame by adding servo pins so it was easier to connect to my FC and easier to flash firmware.

http://www.banggood.com/3DR-Radio-Te...2-p-73539.html
May 30, 2016, 09:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by beans07
The simplest way is to use USB OTG cable (your phone has to support it).
Bluetooth is also very good but the range is about 50m.
If you want greater distance, 3DR radio is good option.
You can use clones but keep in mind that they have fake FTDI chips and they doesn't work on Windows.

Bart

Quick Reply