EZ-GUI Ground Station for Android - Page 55 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 05, 2017, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eziosoft
Hi.

I don't want to say it but unfortunately I think that EZ-GUI has reached the end of its life.

I can see in my stats that more people uninstall it than install it.

There are few reasons.

Bugs - EZ-GUI was started long time ago (Android 2.2). Most of the parts has been rewritten and adapted to work with new Android versions it is still not good enough. It has too many features. I tried to support everything, starting from Multiwii, cleanflight, betaflightÖ MSP, LTM, SmartPort, MavlinkÖ This is good as experiment but for the product that has to be maintained and updated it is not the way to go. The design of the app doesn't allow to update fast enough and keep up with firmware development

More and more people use betaflight osd which allows PID tunning etc. And the app is no longer needed.

Firmware is much metter now and doesn't need as much attention as before.

What next?

Well you tell me.

Is the new app needed ? If yes what features are the most important? What firmwares should it support?

I'm thinking about creating the app which will have less features, but it will be more polished and probably focused mostly on Betaflight. In my perspective it should have only the features needed on the field that are used often.

What do you think?

Bart
Hi I'm sorry to hear that this great app is at the end of it's life, it's all I use because my laptop can only run for 10 mins before it shits it guts out and vibrates across the table. So I flash firmware with it and use ez'gui to set up all my quads on betaflight i look forward to your new app and will keep an eye out for it on here in the future,thanks again you made it possible for me to fly for the past year or 2. Peace
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 04:47 PM
Isn't EZ-GUI about the only solution for iNav? I can't think of any other app that lets me pre-plan and load waypoint missions from my android phone.
Nov 10, 2017, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eziosoft
Hi.

I don't want to say it but unfortunately I think that EZ-GUI has reached the end of its life.

I can see in my stats that more people uninstall it than install it.

Bart
Due to the lack of a new version of Android, I personally have to use EZ-GUI, but I would gladly switch to iNAV mission planner. There are a lot of functions in the program, and this distinguishes it from other programs. Yes, PID settings are not relevant now, but the motor test is a unique feature and is sometimes useful. Next, the ability to change the settings of the flight controller is also a good function. But most importantly - the ability to create missions for the flight! Panels with levels (my opinion) - are not needed, they are unlikely to fly. Just do not need a separate card, because it is in the scheduler of missions.
Nov 10, 2017, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJBishop
Isn't EZ-GUI about the only solution for iNav? I can't think of any other app that lets me pre-plan and load waypoint missions from my android phone.
There is a Mission planner for iNAV, but it requires a fresh version of Android Because of this, you need to buy new hardware.
Nov 10, 2017, 06:16 PM
My point exactly. I'm not one to upgrade my android phones every 2 years. Makes no sense...
Nov 10, 2017, 06:26 PM
Similarly. I do not have the opportunity to buy a new phone. For this, so far only EZ-GUI.
Nov 11, 2017, 05:04 AM
Mission Planner for iNav runs on my old Samsung S3, just using a custom Marshmallow rom
Nov 14, 2017, 09:57 AM

Canít connect 3DR sik radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroniner
Got it working. I thought the air radio was set to 19 for baud rate but it was not. Now it all works. But seems to take for ever to change a PID setting using it. Is that normal
I have a bluetooth bridge from ground radio to galaxy tab3 and the air sik radio connected to my omnibus, i havnít updated firmware for Multi Wii in radioís, i can see movement of the flight controller but canít change anything in the ez gui, can anyone plzzzz point me in the right direction to flash correct firmware so i can change settings with the 3DR radioís, it seems that i only can monitor the flight controller.
Nov 14, 2017, 10:08 AM
sweet dreams & flying machines
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucbis
I have a bluetooth bridge from ground radio to galaxy tab3 and the air sik radio connected to my omnibus, i havnít updated firmware for Multi Wii in radioís, i can see movement of the flight controller but canít change anything in the ez gui, can anyone plzzzz point me in the right direction to flash correct firmware so i can change settings with the 3DR radioís, it seems that i only can monitor the flight controller.
Changing the radio firmware is not a requirement, it's an optimisation for some use cases.
Nov 14, 2017, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalonsus
Mission Planner for iNav runs on my old Samsung S3, just using a custom Marshmallow rom
You are lucky. On my ZTE Android version 2.7.3, and on the tablet Perfeo 4.1 and where I can not install. There are no firmware.