EZ-GUI Ground Station for Android - Page 50 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 12, 2017, 03:49 AM
Hi! I have a problem with model control. I use a common cloche Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. The throttle doesn't go over half throttle,is there a way to calibrate it?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2017, 04:47 PM
Old age ain't for sissies.
Mission Planer questions:

Read as much info as I could find; but

1. I don't understand begin/start, is WP1 home?
2. So I have NAV WP on TX switch; do I just arm and then throw the switch or is the quad
already in flight?
3. Is last WP where the quad begins RTH as in settings or last WP home and you just land.
4. Do I need to setup any other modes ie; POSHold, GPS etc.
5. I see in navigation section FC not recognized; is that normal also in navigation are all the speeds downloaded from my FC setup?
Edit: I now see these are the same values in my FC software except see 6.
6. Speed values in iNAV x/cm/S, values in MP m/S, why not the same/

As you can see I'm rather confused. Probably if someone could post a mission it would help.
I do have working RTH.

I would really like to try this out; but don't want to get into trouble.

Thanks, Carl
Last edited by Carl334; Sep 13, 2017 at 07:05 PM.
Sep 14, 2017, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl334
Mission Planer questions:

Read as much info as I could find; but

1. I don't understand begin/start, is WP1 home?
2. So I have NAV WP on TX switch; do I just arm and then throw the switch or is the quad
already in flight?
3. Is last WP where the quad begins RTH as in settings or last WP home and you just land.
4. Do I need to setup any other modes ie; POSHold, GPS etc.
5. I see in navigation section FC not recognized; is that normal also in navigation are all the speeds downloaded from my FC setup?
Edit: I now see these are the same values in my FC software except see 6.
6. Speed values in iNAV x/cm/S, values in MP m/S, why not the same/

As you can see I'm rather confused. Probably if someone could post a mission it would help.
I do have working RTH.

I would really like to try this out; but don't want to get into trouble.

Thanks, Carl
1. Home is set up automatically in inav. It is the point where the model was armed. It is not displayed currently in mossion planner, but it will soon as I've already implemented that.

2. Inav doesn't have autostart procedure for multirotors. So mission should be enabled in flight. You can try enable it when on the ground if the first waypoint is above start position. I've never tested it.

3. Model will start come back home when the current waypoint is RTH. RTH doesn't have to be at the end of the mission
Current logic is that if there is a RTH+LAND waypoint it will end mission. Otherwise the drone will execute RTH and continue to next defined waypoint.

4. No. Missions are self-contained.

5. It is not normal. I would like to have more info about that. Maybe screen shot.
If speed in the waypoint is set to 0 than default speed will be used which was set up in inav.

6. Internally inav uses cm/s. But I think m/s is more natural way. m/s are commonly used.

Bart
Last edited by eziosoft; Sep 14, 2017 at 10:54 AM.
Sep 14, 2017, 02:53 AM
sweet dreams & flying machines
Quote:
Originally Posted by eziosoft
1. Home is set up automatically in inav. It is the point where the model was armed. It is not displayed currently in mossion planner, but it will soon as I've already implemented that.

2. Inav doesn't have autostart procedure for multirotors. So mission should be enabled in flight. You can try enable it when on the ground if the first waypoint is above start position. I've never tested it.

3. Model will start come back home when the current waypoint is RTH. RTH doesn't have to be at the end of the mission. If there are some waypoints after the RTH they will be ignored by inav (I'm not shure about that. I will verify it with Inav developers.)

4. No. Missions are self-contained.

5. It is not normal. I would like to have more info about that. Maybe screen shot.
If speed in the waypoint is set to 0 than default speed will be used which was set up in inav.

6. Internally inav uses cm/s. But I think m/s is more natural way. m/s are commonly used.

Bart
2. You can engage on the ground with the first WP anywhere. Advisable to be ahead and reasonably close, otherwise the craft may tip over on the ground.

3. Correct, WP after RTH are ignored.
Sep 14, 2017, 07:24 AM
Thanks for your reply. I always try to research and understand before asking.
So, if I'm having difficult there might be others also.

Ref #1
Thanks for reply here; I was confused because it seems natural that HOME point is part of mission but was missing.

Ref #5
Do Alarms if left set to '0' also default to value set in iNAV?
I missed in manual where you click on waypoint type to get: WAYPOINT, POSHOLD_UNLIM, RTH,
only accidentally clicked right spot to bring those options up.
I'll try to get screenshot of missing FC type.

Ref #6
I just thought it was a little confusing; maybe note somewhere Note: values in m/s not cm/s.

One additional question.

Can althold and poshold be engaged by me before starting mission?
Sep 14, 2017, 07:33 AM
sweet dreams & flying machines
Quote:

Ref #1
Thanks for reply here; I was confused because it seems natural that HOME point is part of mission but was missing.

Ref #5
I missed in manual where you click on waypoint type to get: WAYPOINT, POSHOLD_UNLIM, RTH,

Ref #6
I just thought it was a little confusing; maybe note somewhere Note: values in m/s not cm/s.

One additional question.

Yes, you can engage WP when on PH or AH modes. You can also engage RTH when in WP mode, and the model will RTH. Can be useful if your plan exceeds the lipo capacity.
Sep 14, 2017, 10:14 AM
Reply to #738
Firmware version = N/A

Also note :'User Control Mode' = Attitude (0) mine is set to Level which I think is (1).
This capture is from my MP Smartphone Apk on the bench not in flight.
Sep 14, 2017, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stronnag
2. You can engage on the ground with the first WP anywhere. Advisable to be ahead and reasonably close, otherwise the craft may tip over on the ground.

3. Correct, WP after RTH are ignored.
Current logic is that if there is a RTH+LAND waypoint it will end mission. Otherwise the drone will execute RTH and continue to next defined waypoint
Sep 14, 2017, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Reply to #738
Firmware version = N/A

Also note :'User Control Mode' = Attitude (0) mine is set to Level which I think is (1).
This capture is from my MP Smartphone Apk on the bench not in flight.
And what happens when you press green arrow?
Sep 14, 2017, 11:18 AM
Quote:

Ref #1

Ref #5

Ref #6

One additional question.

Ref 5
What alarms do you have in mind ?
Sep 14, 2017, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eziosoft
And what happens when you press green arrow?
OK I'm getting there slow but sure.

Now I understand; my FC info is there iNAV 1.7.3 has been downloaded, even tho the other info had been downloaded without press dn arrow.

But the next option I guess I misunderstood: User Control Mode' = Attitude (0) or Cruise. I don't know what that setting does.

My next question was about the WP setting RTH + Land; it will end mission, which you answered. So if I set only RTH will it just hover
when it get to where it took off from or also land?

Thanks for you patience, hope to answer your other question soon.
Carl
Last edited by Carl334; Sep 14, 2017 at 03:05 PM.
Sep 14, 2017, 03:41 PM
Ref #5 & #745

In active mission screen; Settings, Application Settings, Alarms
Altitude
Distance
Speed
Sep 14, 2017, 03:53 PM
I think I've found a bug;
In Mission Planner I set two WP, go into edit screen and edit speed from default of '0' to 3.0m/s
which is my iNAV setting of 300cm/s. Ok check on map reads 3.0m/s. Go back into WP edit screen and reads: Speed(m/s): 300!
I've tried this setting several times different missions, same results.
Sep 14, 2017, 08:25 PM
Quote:
My next question was about the WP setting RTH + Land; it will end mission, which you answered. So if I set only RTH will it just hover
Well I don't know you have to ask inav guys.

Quote:
OK I'm getting there slow but sure.
Carl
If there is no other WPs after RTH it will hover above home position.
Sep 14, 2017, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Ref #5 & #745

In active mission screen; Settings, Application Settings, Alarms
Altitude
Distance
Speed
these are app only alarms. they are not in inav. You have to have active connection to the flight controller to receive them.