Apr 14, 2017, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger72
Hello!
Tell me please, which mode should I select in the "follow me" function, so that the quadrocopter turns his head behind me, and not just moved aside?

Thank you
You have to have MAG mode enabled to allow heading control.

Sent from my Nexus 5 CAF using Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2017, 03:12 AM
Hey Sir!

I stumbled over Ezgui the day before, so i rushed to buy a tablet (Archos Oxygen, Android 6) and an OTG-Cable. I had a slight feel of "check compatibilty before" but ofc, ignored it by 100%. I tried to get a connection, but when pick:
Driver0 it says "No usb Devices Connected"
Driver1 says "Unable to connect"

I tried every baud-rate so far and i checked the troubleshoot section for solutions.

o/ have a great weekend

edit: Using a SpRacing F3 board. Tried to let the copter boot up with a Lipo and connected afterwards made no difference. Am using SBUS on UART2. I've the feel I oversee something important. No ideas left.
Last edited by MajorT; Apr 14, 2017 at 05:59 AM.
Apr 14, 2017, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorT
Hey Sir!

I stumbled over Ezgui the day before, so i rushed to buy a tablet (Archos Oxygen, Android 6) and an OTG-Cable. I had a slight feel of "check compatibilty before" but ofc, ignored it by 100%. I tried to get a connection, but when pick:
Driver0 it says "No usb Devices Connected"
Driver1 says "Unable to connect"

I tried every baud-rate so far and i checked the troubleshoot section for solutions.

o/ have a great weekend

edit: Using a SpRacing F3 board. Tried to let the copter boot up with a Lipo and connected afterwards made no difference. Am using SBUS on UART2. I've the feel I oversee something important. No ideas left.

It probably doesn't support OTG USB. (most don't)

But don't worry... get a Bluetooth dongle on the quad... and I'm sure you will be fine. If you are running Android 5 or newer... it can support low energy bluetooth. That's the newer units... HC-10. If you want to be safe... get an HC-06 or HC-05. It's the standard unit... and it will talk to anything. Also... it's nice to not have to physically plug into the quad to send it a mission. AND... you can find them for around $5.
Apr 14, 2017, 07:59 AM
Thanks Dr Honda, I will look into it!
But the one thing I was looking after before buying was the fact it's supporting OTG. I thought it would be the only thing thats needed to be able to connect the copter.
Is there probably something left i could try?

(One idea left is to just buy the app for the hope of more options in order to get it running)

o/
Apr 14, 2017, 10:40 AM
I like the Bluetooth autobauding feature. Thanks!

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk
Apr 14, 2017, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Honda
It probably doesn't support OTG USB. (most don't)

But don't worry... get a Bluetooth dongle on the quad... and I'm sure you will be fine. If you are running Android 5 or newer... it can support low energy bluetooth. That's the newer units... HC-10. If you want to be safe... get an HC-06 or HC-05. It's the standard unit... and it will talk to anything. Also... it's nice to not have to physically plug into the quad to send it a mission. AND... you can find them for around $5.
Don't go with low energy ones (BLE). They are not good. They are supported and kinda work but they often skip the bytes.

Apr 14, 2017, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorT
Thanks Dr Honda, I will look into it!
But the one thing I was looking after before buying was the fact it's supporting OTG. I thought it would be the only thing thats needed to be able to connect the copter.
Is there probably something left i could try?

(One idea left is to just buy the app for the hope of more options in order to get it running)

o/
Otg support is still hit or miss. Sometimes hardware is there but Android doesn't have it build in and sometimes is the opposite - Android thinks the hardware is there but its not.

Apr 16, 2017, 04:19 AM
Ha!

Yesterday night I went to bed, there was another Firmware upgrade of my Archos 70. It was the 3rd one in the last 3 days. Since it's a new Tablet out of the shop and the fact it's on the market for a while I was cool with that. After every offered Update/Upgrade I had the hope it will connect with the OTG cable but YO it was the 3rd! it fixed whatever wasn't working.
Today I plugged into the copter and KAPOW I'm able to use your program and finally am able to tune in the field.

Gonna purchase that babe right away o/
Apr 18, 2017, 01:36 PM
Hello . I have Problem too . when i Load the Painless V- Tail mix in my Mini Talon (SpracingF3 with Inav 1.6.1) .. the EZ- Gui logs are break !! What is the Problem ?

#smix script for flying wing (by Painless360)
mixer CUSTOMAIRPLANE

#Load a motor mix that will be the same as normal
mmix reset #start with a clean setup
mmix load AIRPLANE #load the same motor mix we'd use in AIRPLANE

#First the setup of the v-tail control servos
smix reset # Start with a clean servo mix table
smix 0 2 1 100 0 0 100 #assign stab. PITCH to elev servo
smix 1 2 2 100 0 0 100 #assign stab. ROLL to elev servo
smix 2 5 1 -100 0 0 100 #assign stab. PITCH to rudd servo
smix 3 5 2 100 0 0 100 #assign stab. ROLL to rudd servo

#Now assign the traditional control servos
smix 4 3 0 100 0 0 100 #assign stab. ROLL to left flapperon/aileron servo
smix 5 4 0 -100 0 0 100 #assign stab. ROLL to right flapperon/aileron servo
smix 6 6 3 100 0 0 100 #assign stab. THR to throttle output

With the default Airplane mix all logs Good

save

Gruss Boris
Apr 19, 2017, 12:10 AM
Hello!
In older versions of EZ-GUI my waypoint files were stored on the SD card of my smartphone. With the updated version I have no access to the older files. I can store and load new files with waypoints - but they are not stored on the SD card but into internal memory.
Is there a parameter to change to the old behaviour and getting access to my SD card again with EZ-GUI?
Apr 19, 2017, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf W.
Hello!
In older versions of EZ-GUI my waypoint files were stored on the SD card of my smartphone. With the updated version I have no access to the older files. I can store and load new files with waypoints - but they are not stored on the SD card but into internal memory.
Is there a parameter to change to the old behaviour and getting access to my SD card again with EZ-GUI?
Hi. I don't know if I've understood you well but indeed there is a bug in ez-gui that prevents to open previously saved missions. (Default mission file extension got somehow changed in the program)
This will be corrected in 24h

Bart

Apr 19, 2017, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman111178
Hello . I have Problem too . when i Load the Painless V- Tail mix in my Mini Talon (SpracingF3 with Inav 1.6.1) .. the EZ- Gui logs are break !! What is the Problem ?

#smix script for flying wing (by Painless360)
mixer CUSTOMAIRPLANE

#Load a motor mix that will be the same as normal
mmix reset #start with a clean setup
mmix load AIRPLANE #load the same motor mix we'd use in AIRPLANE

#First the setup of the v-tail control servos
smix reset # Start with a clean servo mix table
smix 0 2 1 100 0 0 100 #assign stab. PITCH to elev servo
smix 1 2 2 100 0 0 100 #assign stab. ROLL to elev servo
smix 2 5 1 -100 0 0 100 #assign stab. PITCH to rudd servo
smix 3 5 2 100 0 0 100 #assign stab. ROLL to rudd servo

#Now assign the traditional control servos
smix 4 3 0 100 0 0 100 #assign stab. ROLL to left flapperon/aileron servo
smix 5 4 0 -100 0 0 100 #assign stab. ROLL to right flapperon/aileron servo
smix 6 6 3 100 0 0 100 #assign stab. THR to throttle output

With the default Airplane mix all logs Good

save

Gruss Boris
Yes I saw your mail. Cold you send me the corrupted log file ?

Apr 20, 2017, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eziosoft
Hi. I don't know if I've understood you well but indeed there is a bug in ez-gui that prevents to open previously saved missions. (Default mission file extension got somehow changed in the program)
This will be corrected in 24h

Bart
Hi Bart,
sorry, my assumption about the reason for the problem was wrong - but you found the real issue and will fix it within 24h. Wow! Great service. Thank you!
Ralf
Apr 20, 2017, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf W.
Hi Bart,
sorry, my assumption about the reason for the problem was wrong - but you found the real issue and will fix it within 24h. Wow! Great service. Thank you!
Ralf
Fixed version has been sent to google play store. As always google needs couple of hours to publish it. Please let me know if that fixed the issue.
Apr 21, 2017, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eziosoft
Fixed version has been sent to google play store. As always google needs couple of hours to publish it. Please let me know if that fixed the issue.
Yes, you fixed it! Now I have access to my stored missions again.

Thank you!