Airframe recommends for Saturday Slow Night Flyers - Page 2 - RC Groups
Sep 30, 2015, 01:35 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
I went ahead and put a thread up here

And a Fenix would be a solid choice, I think the Fenix and the Night Visionaire was the biggest airframe count among night flyers this year.

(Tom I dug up the attachment for last years' rules, I assume nothing significant changed)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2015, 09:29 AM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
(Tom I dug up the attachment for last years' rules, I assume nothing significant changed)
model definition rules will not change. I cannot guarantee the events will not change! but will ALL love the black pillars of death!
Oct 01, 2015, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
model definition rules will not change. I cannot guarantee the events will not change! but will ALL love the black pillars of death!
Oh boy - I guess we better make sure durability of our airplanes moves up the design priority list

Rob
Oct 01, 2015, 06:29 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
I actually started to build a twin for the contest but it quickly became too large. I think it's still a valid option but you need to be careful about weight.

Rob
One of my local flyers has modified the leadfeather Yak55 design into an FPV Twin for streamer combat. he has also programmed up a single engine Yak55 target drone (ardupilot I believe) that goes up to a set altitude and loiters dragging a streamer. The twin uses Emax 2805 motors. Here are a couple of videos of it. One the FPV downlink and the other from the ground of the same flight

FPV Foam Combat Plane vs EPP Robot Plane Streamer Combat (7 min 47 sec)

Combat Drone (7 min 34 sec)
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Oct 01, 2015, 07:13 PM
That's pretty darn cool...

Rob