Sep 26, 2015, 10:21 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Please help identify these motors.

Hi, a couple of years ago I bought these motors, knowing nothing about them, other than they seemed fine

Now I'm trying to identify them. They are 76g and tagged with 2808/24 printed on one side, and 1190 kv on the other.

Googled that up and the most compelling result that came back was the Axi 2808/24, which is 1190 kv and 76g.

And, in every respect other than color they share the same physical characteristics with the Axi.

Anybody know what's going on here??

Thanks.

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2015, 08:23 AM
Jack
There are only so many motor makers in China (AXI was originally made in the Czech Republic, is now being made in China also) ) and many of them sell motors that are house branded and in other colors. And none of them are above copying things that are working and selling well. Here is house branded Suppo 2808 and it has a lot in common with your motor:

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...ec_wiring.html

There may be minor variations in the construction details and even in the quality of the magnets and bearings in house branded motors but they are often exactly the same other than colors and markings.

Apply the traditional 3W per gram rule of thumb to outrunner motors and you'll always have a good idea as to the input power it will handle. Consider your motor to be able to handle 228W as a continuous input power, then test it to make sure it does not overheat, and adjust adjust the load or your throttle usage if necessary.

Jack
Sep 27, 2015, 12:54 PM
Aeronautical Research Flyer
What more is there to know?
It's all right there.
Sep 27, 2015, 06:58 PM
Thread OP
Jack, thanks. Actually, that makes a lot of since because I've read several accounts of people having difficulty pulling apart Axi motors - as was the case with both these motors. It has been suggested that during production, certain Axi's have the shafts glued to the inner bearings - I guess that's their last line of defense, should both the circlip and collar fail, against the rotor flying off. ;-), or maybe to improve the odds people will be more likely to send motors in for repairs rather than doing it themselves.

Thx.

Steve
Sep 28, 2015, 06:37 AM
Jack
Some of the early AXI motors, the Czech made ones I think, were put together quite a bit differently than the typical Chinese motor. Instead of a one piece back plate and bearing tube they had at bearing tube that was fitted into the back plate as a separate part. Not sure that there was any advantage to that but it made for a little more complicated or at least different disassembly process. I have never had an AXI motor but know that they were considered to be better than average in quality.

Jack

Quick Reply