Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 25, 2015, 05:40 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
Thread OP
Build Log

Orlandoo F150 OH35P01 build (pic heavy)

I've been wanting to build this truck since the first day I saw it took the plunge and ordered everything that I needed. I post links to where I purchased each item. This is a work in progress so it will unfold as I get time to finish the project.

I ordered the kit from banggood.com and it was shipped from Canada to my doorstep in about a week. Super fast shipping considering how long it usually take from PRC.

The box arrived in great shape and was very well pack. The model was in good shape with no issues regarding postal damage.

The parts are all divided up into individual bags labeled A through F. Tiny small screws are individually packed inside with part numbers affixed on the outside making it really easy to find what you need and when you need it.

The kit came with a few tools that actually are pretty darn good and have been really handy building this kit. There are a couple of must haves tool wise to build this kit in my opinion.
- A magnified lamp on your build table
- Fine tweezers
- I'm using a magnetic build mat, these tiny parts are super easy to loose and this mat helped save the day dozens of times
- A jewels file that's very fine
- A typical Xacto knife with #11 blades

Here's a picture of the individual parts bags within the main part bag.
[/URL

One of the small issues I had was getting the bearing to slide smoothy over the drive shafts. Some very light filing with the jewelers file and I was good to go. It doesn't take much so take a little off at a time and trial fit the bearing.

Everything I ordered:
- Orlandoo F150 OH35P01 KIT
- Battery Orlandoo OH35P01 KIT RC Car Parts Li-po 2S 7.4V 260 mAh
- ESC rlandoo OH35P01 KIT RC Car Parts Mini 2S ESC (includes LED lights)
- 1.7G Low Voltage Digital Servo Orlandoo OH35P01 KIT RC Car Parts
- Tamiya L light gray primer paint
- Tamiya Spray Lacquer TS-89 Pearl Blue
- OrangeRx GR300 DSM2 Compatible 3Ch 2.4Ghz Ground Receiver
- Turnigy nano-tech 350mah 1S 65~130C Lipo Pack

(More to come)
Last edited by Virginian; Sep 26, 2015 at 02:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2015, 05:48 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
Thread OP
After you build the gears you should lube them up with plenty of grease. The kit does come supplied with the grease.

Assembly of the front and rear drive axels went together very smoothly. Here i'm greasing up the main gear getting ready to close her up.

Again i need to say there are lot of teeny tint screws that are very difficult to tell apart from one another. The magnifying lamp was a huge help just getting many of these screws started.

Next to a penny for size reference.

After I sealed up one of the axels I took this pic to illustrate the gaps in the seal. This mini crawler isn't weather proof nor did I take the time to make it so. Now would be the time to seal these casing ups properly if you so desire.

It's starting to come together nicely!

(more to come)
Last edited by Virginian; Sep 25, 2015 at 06:33 PM.
Sep 25, 2015, 05:54 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
Thread OP
The kit supplied a hand drill bit and holder that you will need many times. Nice touch that they included it. Here i had to drill out the holes for the ball joints for the suspension and steering.

This kit comes with a complete set of bears and they all have seated in nicely. No plastic flashing from the molds or anything. They fit nice and snug and stayed in place once in place.

Getting there!

Second one done.

And the screws are getting even smaller.

(more to come)
Sep 25, 2015, 06:14 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
Thread OP
In this picture I have to drill all the way through and screw in ball joints into the hole on both sides. Take your time and make sure you're straight when your drilling.

Next up installing the steering micro servo and the brackets to support it.

Installed super fast and easy. The kit came with the proper size screws to mount the servo rather then use the ones supplied with the servo. Also included was the screw to hold down the servo horn in the kit.

Continuing building the axels. No issues what so ever so far.

Tie rods for the ball joints assembled and installed. I should note then popping these on the balls, one side was too tight and would pop on, flip to the other side and she pops right on no problems. There's definitely different sides to these.

In the mean time I sprayed on a coat of primer on the body after i washed it in warm water with some mile dish soap and let air dry.

I'm using Tamiya L light gray

(more to come)
Last edited by Virginian; Sep 25, 2015 at 08:48 PM.
Sep 25, 2015, 06:32 PM
You have the patience of a saint to deal with those tiny parts. Kudos to you, can't wait to see the final product
Sep 25, 2015, 06:44 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
Thread OP
So I started assembling the wheels and had no issues putting them together. The foam was little tricky getting inside the tires.

Then I hit a snafu! On this step I'm missing 12 of the ball joints. Soooo time to reach out to banggood.com and see what they say. Every modelers nightmare is chasing down missing parts from China. I'll post up what happens good or bad in this thread. I'll continue to finish off other parts of the truck till I get this resolved.

Here's the part that's missing.

First coat of Tamiya Spray Lacquer TS-89 Pearl Blue. I suck at painting, I always will so please don't judge

(more to come)
Last edited by Virginian; Oct 22, 2015 at 09:03 AM.
Sep 25, 2015, 06:45 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpretadorGT
You have the patience of a saint to deal with those tiny parts. Kudos to you, can't wait to see the final product
Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to read my thread.

Eric
Sep 25, 2015, 09:16 PM
No problem.

I'm a huge fan of the real raptors and I think they look great in blue, this should look really nice!!
Sep 26, 2015, 01:54 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
Thread OP
While I'm waiting to hear from banggood on the missing parts, I'm marching on with other areas on the kit.

Next up 4mm LEDs for the headlights. Some light soldering is involved and is easy to do. The LED on the left is a SMD LED.

SMDs (surface mounted LEDS) are a bit more problematic to solder but once you've done a few they get much easier to do. I'll be using SMDs for the blinkers on the front and the brake lights on the rear.

Here's a good pic of one completed.

I use a coin battery to test each light incase the solder didn't connect the wire good.

Testing out the headlights.

(more to come)
Sep 26, 2015, 02:07 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
Thread OP
Installing the SMD's in the blinker location and the 4mm LED headlights in the grill. . I should note the kit only came with red SMDs. I'm using orange for this application that I purchased. Pennies on eBay if anyone wants to stock up on them.

Transmission and motor time!

Installed and greased up.

Next I'm starting to assemble the shocks. Here's a view of the parts.

Completed, look how tiny they are.

(more to come)
Sep 26, 2015, 02:15 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
Thread OP
Driveshaft assembly.

I ordered a couple of nano-tech 350mah batteries and RX from HK. I'll put hyperlinks to each of these items in the first post. If I remember I'll post my thoughts on the nano-tech vs. the banggood battery for comparison.

Here's a pic of the ESC, not that the SMDs and the 4mm LED headlights get soldered to this board on the top left. Fortunately they posted a schematic on the wrapper that they sent the ESC in.

I had to drill holes in the taillight housing on the body to run wires through for the SMD taillights.

Front headlight lens installed along with the grill.

That's it for this installment. Thanks for reading.

(more to come)
Sep 28, 2015, 06:17 AM
oh that guy
That is looking pretty sweet. They kind of remind me of the old Radio Shack Xmod trucks but with a lot more assembly.
Sep 28, 2015, 06:59 AM
Beam me up Scotty!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_chance
That is looking pretty sweet. They kind of remind me of the old Radio Shack Xmod trucks but with a lot more assembly.
Slim,

You're correct, this kit does seem to be a close relative to the Radio Shack Xmods. The makers of this kit put a lot of thought into the assembly for instance the grill is installed with two screws. I would of thought that they would just have you glue it in. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my build.

Eric
Oct 19, 2015, 09:46 AM
Beam me up Scotty!
Thread OP
Nothing to update on this build as I'm still waiting for banggood to mail the missing parts. They're in the mail so as soon as I get them I'll get back to it and finish this build log.

Eric
Oct 19, 2015, 09:04 PM
Do you have plans to upgrade it to metal gearbox, metal drive shaft and metal gear? And there is also a engine sound simulator for this kit. Any idea?

Quick Reply