Sep 25, 2015, 02:25 PM
The world in foam & tissue
Question

Can You Identify This Plane?

My friends and I really enjoyed watching it fly. However I never got to track down the owner. Does anyone know it's name, who built it or if plans exist?
Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2015, 03:37 PM
Fast and getting faster!
I saw that plane down with the jersey boys! Stangrob might be able to help!
Sep 25, 2015, 04:34 PM
RCGroups Editor
The original Mud Duck. The company is out of business.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mud+...obile&ie=UTF-8
Sep 25, 2015, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the ID Matt!
To bad. Looked like a fun slow flyer. Might have to search for plans for a foam version.
Sep 25, 2015, 09:45 PM
Kamikaze Ace
They are a blast to fly. I built two of them in the Agri-Duck version.
Sep 26, 2015, 12:34 AM
Blew out my flip flop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterize View Post
Thanks for the ID Matt!
To bad. Looked like a fun slow flyer. Might have to search for plans for a foam version.
Its built from foamboard, actually. Not DTF but the stuff with a little heavier, better attached paper
Sep 26, 2015, 06:42 AM
MK
MK
Are there plans for this out in the public?
Sep 26, 2015, 08:24 AM
Kamikaze Ace
You can find plans for the original Mud Duck on the AMA's plans section.

But don't know about the other versions, other then someone having them stashed somewhere.

Bummer Greg (MudDuckAviation) sold everything to a company that has done nothing with it.
Sep 26, 2015, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Girl View Post
Bummer Greg (MudDuckAviation) sold everything to a company that has done nothing with it.
Does anyone know the name of the company?
Sep 26, 2015, 05:54 PM
FYI that isn't a Mud Duck, but there is a resemblance. My friend Tom decided the week before the show that he wanted to build something so he bought some foam board and designed it on the fly. If you saw it fly you know it worked out pretty well. The ailerons were very effective- made for a fun flyer. It flew on 3s pack and a spare quad copter motor.

Rob
Sep 26, 2015, 08:58 PM
When pigs fly rc
That plane was great! I also enjoyed that big blue delta with the gearbox drive!