Weasel TREK from DREAM-FLIGHT - Page 4 - RC Groups
Apr 15, 2016, 12:16 PM
No explanation needed. Back on topic............
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2016, 01:47 PM
Wind Powered
Dream-Flight 2016 Weasel-TREK (1 min 17 sec)
Apr 15, 2016, 01:50 PM
Wind Powered
We are proud to announce the new Weasel-TREK!
The production run is complete and is making its way here to California. It is scheduled to arrive during the first week of May, so if everything stays on schedule we hope to have kits QC'd and ready to ship by the second week of May.
Feel free to email info@dream-flight.com to be placed on the email notification list for the exact release date and time as we get closer.
Apr 16, 2016, 01:29 AM
Flying with a "higher power"
Yipee!
Apr 16, 2016, 03:34 PM
BMFA 190658
Quote:
Originally Posted by george@dream-flight
We are proud to announce the new Weasel-TREK!
The production run is complete and is making its way here to California. It is scheduled to arrive during the first week of May, so if everything stays on schedule we hope to have kits QC'd and ready to ship by the second week of May.
I've heard good things about your Weasel! When do you expect Richard to be getting some at T9?
May 02, 2016, 03:02 PM
Kit overview:

http://planet-soaring.blogspot.fr/20...-overview.html

Maiden planned for the end of the week.

Stay tuned.

Cheers,

Pierre
May 02, 2016, 04:21 PM
I have an Alula Trek and I love it but I believe the models are fairly expensive.. About 20% or so (in Europe that is).
May 02, 2016, 06:37 PM
Piscine Promulgator
I didn't fly the new plane but watched Michael flying it and, based on my somewhat considerable familiarity with all iterations of the design released since 2003, am totally comfortable in saying that this will be the best performing Weasel ever produced.

It's noticeably faster and more nimble than the Weasel Evo, which was already the best performing Weasel. The elevons are now molded into the plane (similar to the Alula Evo & Trek) instead of balsa as in the older plane, which makes the kit-to-kit consistency much higher (EPO varies far less in density and hence weight than balsa wood).

According to Michael, if built with the servos they offer (or equivalent), it will be extremely easy to achieve an ~11oz weight, which experience has shown to be pretty much the ideal weight for the design.

Some of the changes Michael mentioned to me:
  • The top circular hatch is gone, making the critical top center section of the wing less draggy.
  • The nose is slightly longer, making it easier to balance - most likely without any noseweight needed.
  • The wing flange has had a small lip added along with larger magnet, making the wing join more solid than on the Evo.

Overall, the changes are pretty typical of the type of incremental improvement Michael has always done with this design.

I was really impressed and asked to be added to the list. Looking forward to flying this one, for sure!

Steve
May 03, 2016, 01:24 PM
Is it DS'able?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood
I need one. Mine's getting raggedy from combat with Jim and tierra firma. Still flys but it's not as pretty as it once was.

Come to think of it, neither am I.

mw
Not as BURLY as you used to be 'eh?

-James
Still a mild mannered scientist (in most respects)
May 03, 2016, 03:59 PM
Flying with a "higher power"
Weasel trek looked great in person. Hard to believe that it has been 7 years since the Weasel EVO was launched.
May 03, 2016, 10:23 PM
characters welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wr_mizzard
Not as BURLY as you used to be 'eh?
Actually, no. About 40# less burly than The Interview.

mw
May 04, 2016, 05:03 PM
Juju
Yeah!! Weazel is back, finally!!!
Can't wait to put my hands on one, awesome!
May 04, 2016, 08:03 PM
Airplane Killer
I'm really looking forward to getting a new weasel!
Dave
May 05, 2016, 07:23 PM
Is it DS'able?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood
Actually, no. About 40# less burly than The Interview.

mw
Nice to hear Mr. Wood! Your knees will be thanking you down the line (according to my dad who's always been a burly guy and had to to have them both replaced).

An over/under sounds like fun too!

-James
Who's suffering from Weasel envy

Quick Reply