1Corinthians 13:1-8
Yeah good idea testing on the fin.

it should show up really well on the slope
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber Bird
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2017, 09:34 AM
BMFA 190658
Wing tips next!
Same pattern, red left and green/yellow right, on the top and probably black stripes underneath.
Dec 10, 2017, 10:36 AM
That's worked - I've had success with Plastikote fluorescent paints. Come in large cans as well.
Dec 16, 2017, 05:20 AM
BMFA 190658
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
Yeah good idea testing on the fin.

it should show up really well on the slope
The Red on the Port side shows up great! Unfortunately the Yellow/Green on the Starboard side is not so good...

I think I'll try another couple of thin coats before I lacquer it. It could have been the lighting though. It was overcast and quite dark, perhaps not enough light to shine the Yellow, the Red being a bit darker didn't need any light.

Tony
Apr 17, 2018, 12:24 AM
Is there anywhere that we can purchase a new skid plate? Kinda sucks to have to buy a whole new fuselage...
Apr 17, 2018, 10:25 AM
DWA
DWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot
The Red on the Port side shows up great! Unfortunately the Yellow/Green on the Starboard side is not so good...

I think I'll try another couple of thin coats before I lacquer it. It could have been the lighting though. It was overcast and quite dark, perhaps not enough light to shine the Yellow, the Red being a bit darker didn't need any light.

Tony
Yeah thatís strange that the yellow didnít show up very well. I can understand the green not showing up very well but the yellow should.

Yellow seems to be a favorite color of the various manufactures of moldies. As you can see from this picture I have five out of eight moldies that are yellow. And since this picture I bought two more yellow moldies so I actually have 7 out of 10 yellow.

Iíve decided Iím not going to buy another moldie that is yellow. Actually Iíve decided Iím not buying any more moldies at all, I need to calm down with this addiction.
Apr 17, 2018, 10:27 AM
DWA
DWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc247
Is there anywhere that we can purchase a new skid plate? Kinda sucks to have to buy a whole new fuselage...
Just e-mail Michael at dream flight. Iím sure he can send you one, in fact knowing Michael he probably wonít even charge you for it.

But if he does Iím sure itís dirt cheap.

Dave
Apr 17, 2018, 10:41 AM
DWA
DWA
I forgot one. The Typhoon.
It is white so make that 7 out of 11.
Apr 17, 2018, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
Just e-mail Michael at dream flight. Iím sure he can send you one, in fact knowing Michael he probably wonít even charge you for it.

But if he does Iím sure itís dirt cheap.

Dave
Will do! Thanks!!!
Apr 17, 2018, 06:07 PM
I fly SLOPE landings are crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc247

I repaired one I smashed. It had parts missing even.

First up I put the nose in hot water and made sure it was the right shape then Zapped the pieces in position.
I then pushed balsa dust into the gaps and soaked it with more Cyano.
When all that is set sand it flush. I used a linisher because it is really hard so sand.
Finish off with some black epoxy paint.

Looked as good as new when I finished.

Quick Reply