Mar 22, 2016, 11:33 PM
looks rad
to remove ads between posts
Mar 22, 2016, 11:44 PM
foam is fun, but glass is fast
Here is screen shot of the link, way !!!
Latest blog entry: What I currently own..
Mar 23, 2016, 12:44 AM

nice pics

from the Lindinger page
Mar 23, 2016, 01:42 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
A bit pricey?
Mar 23, 2016, 02:27 AM

price...

in central Europe, the Alula Trek is sold for around 110 Euros, so the Weasel Trek, at 125 Euro, will cost 13.6% more - that might give an indication as to the relative pricing of the Weasel vs the Alula in the US. Or maybe not - my guess is that it will be more expensive than the Alula Trek everywhere
Mar 24, 2016, 09:33 AM
You can get Zupair Zulu with servos/ leads/ battery for that price.
Mar 24, 2016, 02:24 PM
characters welcome!
Yeah, but it's not a Weasel or even close to being one. Your point?

mw
Mar 25, 2016, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flyin Beardo
if you dont need one then why did you bother posting on the topic .... this is a place for people who are excited for the new weasel to arrive, not for people who have useless comments like yourself..
I don't NEED one either, I WANT one!! I have a Mk1 a Mini and an EVO only fly the Mini and EVO now. Can't wait for the new one.
Apr 09, 2016, 02:15 PM
Flying with a "higher power"

Weasel trek specs

Key specs
Apr 12, 2016, 08:31 PM
Old Newb
Newbie question
Can someone tell me the difference between the Alula and the Weasel.
I purchased the Alula TREK but haven't seen the Weasel in the flesh.
Is the Weasel more suited to heavier winds, more acrobatic or,,,,,,?
Apr 13, 2016, 02:43 PM
Fun ain't cheap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeverusSnape
Newbie question
Can someone tell me the difference between the Alula and the Weasel.
I purchased the Alula TREK but haven't seen the Weasel in the flesh.
Is the Weasel more suited to heavier winds, more acrobatic or,,,,,,?
You are correct. Heavier, better inverted maneuvers with less flat land hand launch capabilities. Its pretty much a dedicated sloper, and can fly in a wide range of wind/lift conditions. When its really light, the Alulas are a blast, but they can top out around 15mph (depending on the slope) where Weasels can fly in 12 to 20 (and more with some ballast) conditions and be fun. They are a little more rugged due also, so they can be used for combat, or take a few ground pounds better than the Alula.

Andy
Latest blog entry: Douglas Silhoutte wing cores
Apr 14, 2016, 04:28 PM
Some teasers posted on their instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dreamflightrc/
Apr 14, 2016, 06:08 PM
This is your brain on heli's
I have a Zulu and have been playing around with it. I started with making it an e-version but have since converted it to pure slope. I am really pretty new to sloping so I don't have a lot of experience for comparison.

But i can tell you this about the Zulu. The fuse forward of the wing is very weak because it is all hollow, not reenforced, and the walls are thin. Yes, it has those leading edge drooperons but I recently disconnected them. I used MG90 servos in my build and if i did it again, I would use stronger servos. The control surfaces are big, especially if you also move the drooperons. In stock form, the hinges are just residual foam so they are not real efficient and will tear in a modes crash. So I think servos like MG90's struggle a little in the Zulu. Again, if i did it again, I would cut the control surfaces off and redo the hinges with tape or something.

For now I am just flying it as is at my local slope while I build a couple of JW's. My JW48 is in progress and I plan to follow that soon after with a JW60.
Apr 15, 2016, 12:17 AM
Let's see....this is a thread about the Weasel and you are posting about the Zulu? Guess I misread the title.
Apr 15, 2016, 10:13 AM
This is your brain on heli's
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJD1234
Let's see....this is a thread about the Weasel and you are posting about the Zulu? Guess I misread the title.
I shouldn't have to explain myself (to you) but back on post #36 someone asked about the Zulu so I shared my personal experience. It is a discussion thread after all. Now between your post and my reply we have two posts that add nothing to the actual discussion.

Quick Reply