Weasel TREK from DREAM-FLIGHT - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 25, 2015, 11:39 AM
Flying with a "higher power"
Discussion

Weasel TREK from DREAM-FLIGHT

The new Weasel TREK appears to be coming our way soon, perhaps Santa may even bring one to you?

Love the new belly pan for sure similar to the Alula TREK. Can't wait for the roll out .

Order Page now functional: http://www.dream-flight.com/products/weasel-trek

video https://www.facebook.com/dream.fligh...type=2&theater

What is different about the Weasel Trek http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/026...18818323794559
Last edited by rarner; Jun 10, 2016 at 09:00 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2015, 03:27 PM

Weasel trek update

Just got this update from George :

So good news....we are currently flying the first samples from the tool. This includes all new hardware. We have added to our lineup of proprietary injection molded plastic components with new control horns and clevis that are purpose designed for this next larger class of glider like the Weasel.
At the same time we are testing new metal gear servos and a new 750mah rx battery. Our plan is to offer them as a flight pack along with the little battery extension wire like the Alula.

Lots of work ahead...both here and at the factory to fine tune the final product. Our moving target of a delivery date is likely sliding into the 1st quarter of 2016. (A second run of the Alula-TREK is on the floor now)

I can say this....it is one groovy Weasel. I feel it has a much larger speed and overall flight envelope than my EVO. Super fun.

Best regards,
George Rodriguez
Dream-Flight
Sep 25, 2015, 09:57 PM
Nice! Looks much cleaner in flight than the EVO; they're really getting the foam molding process dialed in.
Sep 26, 2015, 05:14 AM
thanks for the great news

wonder if the elevons are now foam instead of balsa as with the Evo?
Sep 26, 2015, 07:35 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarner
Our moving target of a delivery date is likely sliding into the 1st quarter of 2016.
Heh ...

I foresee another round of motel room builds and maiden flights at the 2016 Weaselfest.

Just right!

Pete
Sep 26, 2015, 02:14 PM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Are those foam elevons? (eek!)
Sep 26, 2015, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&Away
Are those foam elevons? (eek!)
On my Weasel EVO, I installed elevons made from depron. Hinges are Blenderm tape. Seem to work great!!
Sep 26, 2015, 07:52 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
The ailerons on the Libelle and elevons on the Alula Trek are part of the molded EPO wing panels and I haven't had any trouble whatsoever with them. The only disadvantage I can see with having the same thing on the new Weasel would be if you planned on flying combat. Foam probably won't stand up to hits as well as balsa will.

But if that's your plan then you could always retrofit balsa elevons, but you'll undoubtedly have to add more weight to the nose to make CG. Another alternative would be to cover the elevons with New Stuff, but for all we know at this point they may come that way.

And MAYBE Dream-flight can offer replacement foam elevons as a part.

Pete
Sep 26, 2015, 08:04 PM
characters welcome!
And that's IF it's even an issue.

mw
Nov 30, 2015, 04:42 AM
Any update on the release?
Nov 30, 2015, 06:22 AM
It's time for me to fly
Dream-Flight are Facebook users; you'll see any new info there first I'd guess.

- Jim
( not a Facebook user )
Mar 05, 2016, 09:07 AM

First good photo of Weasel Trek

Check out the newest photo. Could be in our quivers by 2016 Weaselfest :-)
Mar 05, 2016, 11:14 AM
YAY!!!!!!.... i just recently started flying last year and was bummed cause i couldnt get a weasel unless it was used, so im super excitied about being able to join in on the fun finally and be able to purchase a new one.
Mar 05, 2016, 11:57 AM
Would love one to go along with my new alula!
Mar 06, 2016, 12:21 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Naah, I'm still flying my WeaselPro. No need for another one...

Quick Reply