Motor Size: 6-pole 1000Kv 56×87mm
Speed: 55+ mph with 8S Li-Po
Radio: Spektrum DX2E
Speed Control: Dynamite 160A HV 2S-8S
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Trimscheme Colors: Orange, Gray, White
Propeller Size: 1.4×1.90 and 1.4×2.0
Hull Type: Catamaran
Recommended Battery: 2 × Dynamite Reaction 11.1V (3S) or 14.8V (4S) 5000mAh 50C Li-Po with hardcase and EC5 connector
Drive System: Flex shaft
Steering: In-line rudder with break away
Approximate Assembly Time: No assembly required

Pro Boat Zelos 48-inch Catamaran Brushless Ready-To-Run Electric Boat (1 min 54 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2015, 09:11 AM
Looks nice, although I prefer the (now defunct) Atomik ARC. Perhaps this will die a death like that did after people realised it was very expensive, and very not good.

However, the gear in this looks very good (unlike the ARC's) and if the video is anything to go by and not just fancy videoing, then this might be pretty cool.

How much cash to I need to hand over to own one of these?
Sep 24, 2015, 09:19 AM
BlackParade
Thread OP
$1000 ...ouch
Sep 24, 2015, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astoc16
$1000 ...ouch
Wow. That could get you an extremely well kitted out Genesis or similar, which could probably go a lot faster than that.

In fact, Hobbyking's new Flowmaster can do that with a good set of props, and although that probably isn't Proboat quality, it's nearly a quarter the price.
Sep 24, 2015, 09:23 AM
BlackParade
Thread OP
Is the flowmaster quite fast?
Sep 24, 2015, 09:57 AM
In 100% stock form, average. About 35-40mph depending on trimming. With a good set of props, 50-55mph+ on stock electronics.

ESCs are pretty good, motors are cracking! Excellent little things for 28mm motors. They seem to be taking everything people can throw at them. The ESCs are a limiting factor if you want to crazy with props mind you, but for stock electronics and the price they are very admirable.

Have a read through the Flowmaster thread.
Sep 24, 2015, 10:06 AM
The crazy Swede.....
only thing with the Genny is i think its a bit narrow.
Sep 24, 2015, 10:25 AM
BlackParade
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Angry_Saxon
In 100% stock form, average. About 35-40mph depending on trimming. With a good set of props, 50-55mph+ on stock electronics.

ESCs are pretty good, motors are cracking! Excellent little things for 28mm motors. They seem to be taking everything people can throw at them. The ESCs are a limiting factor if you want to crazy with props mind you, but for stock electronics and the price they are very admirable.

Have a read through the Flowmaster thread.
Read through the flowmaster thread... seems like a beast!
Sep 24, 2015, 03:16 PM
Product Developer-Pro Boat
Astco16, thanks for making this thread.

The only similarity between this boat and the Atomik is that they are large scale Cats. I took what I saw as that products downfall and worked off of that.

We already had a solid 48" hull; our Rockstar 48. The Key was finding electronics that would work. We reached out to the company which currently makes all of our marine and surface electronics and asked them to develop an ESC for this project. This company has been around for over 20 years and holds countless of off road electric national championships. They key to any boat is load x power. If you can figure that out, you will have a very efficient system that will run cool while creating an insane amount of power. I tested the ESC for over a year. I had the vendor send me 10 samples. We tested all 10, never lost 1 and I am still running the original one I started with nearly a year now. The 160A is continuous. If you are not familiar with ESC ratings, every ESC is rated for continuous use at 80% of its total amperage. By no means and I condoning anyone to use this ESC over 160A continuous, if you do, you are doing so at your own risk. Th reason I mention this is because the boat requires 130 amps on as with the larger of the 2 props it comes with. At that point, what I found was that it's the LiPos that can have an issue keeping up. This boat will definitely need low resistance LiPos over 50c. Even a good set of LiPos will get 125*+ at WOT for an entire run. Weak batteries will reveal themselves very quickly. The boat runs better on 6s or 8s in parallel. It like the weight, runs longer, and more efficient due to the increase in discharge.

Here is some "Raw" footage, not a marketing video.
Pro Boat Zelos 48- Spliced, Raw Footage (3 min 51 sec)
Sep 24, 2015, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez

The only similarity between this boat and the Atomik is that they are large scale Cats. I took what I saw as that products downfall and worked off of that.

We already had a solid 48" hull; our Rockstar 48. The Key was finding electronics that would work. We reached out to the company which currently makes all of our marine and surface electronics and asked them to develop an ESC for this project. This company has been around for over 20 years and holds countless of off road electric national championships. They key to any boat is load x power. If you can figure that out, you will have a very efficient system that will run cool while creating an insane amount of power. I tested the ESC for over a year. I had the vendor send me 10 samples. We tested all 10, never lost 1 and I am still running the original one I started with nearly a year now. The 160A is continuous. If you are not familiar with ESC ratings, every ESC is rated for continuous use at 80% of its total amperage. By no means and I condoning anyone to use this ESC over 160A continuous, if you do, you are doing so at your own risk. Th reason I mention this is because the boat requires 130 amps on as with the larger of the 2 props it comes with. At that point, what I found was that it's the LiPos that can have an issue keeping up. This boat will definitely need low resistance LiPos over 50c. Even a good set of LiPos will get 125*+ at WOT for an entire run. Weak batteries will reveal themselves very quickly. The boat runs better on 6s or 8s in parallel. It like the weight, runs longer, and more efficient due to the increase in discharge.

https://youtu.be/TaF10LDTTWs
Fair play, it looks like it goes really well. I personally won't buy it because I simply don't have the room for something so monstrous, but I look forward to seeing what people who buy it have to say about it.
Sep 24, 2015, 04:57 PM
BlackParade
Thread OP
I like it, it seems to go like hell, and combined with pro boat quality...
Sep 24, 2015, 05:42 PM
Looks great Rafael. Thank you.. Steve
Sep 24, 2015, 06:22 PM
The crazy Swede.....
prop material??

i hope its copper/byrelium and not crappy nylon then its a 1K USD boat..
Sep 24, 2015, 06:49 PM
The crazy Swede.....
the good thing i see is that beam is 35% of the boat length, is 1245mm only boat or rudder included?

my Genesis have 25% beam of the boat (hull) lenght, and thats just to narrow.

gonna build me a own Offshore cat this winter, or just cut my genesis in half and make it wider and add 8cm to it :P
Last edited by wdac; Sep 24, 2015 at 06:54 PM.
Sep 24, 2015, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez

https://youtu.be/TaF10LDTTWs
Great looking boat, I currently have the Vorocity and the Miss Geico, like them both.
If running 6S or 8S in parallel what mA size packs would be the best for this boat?

Quick Reply