Dec 15, 2015, 11:10 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mininitrohans
Love it love it love it!

Look at those cool wheels and tires!

I think I am going to order this one also!

Could you please take detailed pictures? especially from the drivetrain and such

Thanks in advance
If you buy at www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_253469.html
highly recomended using EMS or any fast shipment since its faster and well packed plus more secure. Pay extra is worth it and less headache while waiting. Peace of mind.

Drive shaft:
Btw i did check the internal it seems that the mid shaft is made what i believe is a steel drive shaft.

Dogbone:
Looks like its made of hard solid plastics. I think this one can handle torque twist from all direction. i've seen and tested lots of dogbone but when i saw A212 dogbone i knew straight away it should able to cope hard bashing. So i think this would last longer.

Spur gear + slippers
The mid spur gear comes with slippers disc which is good news for jumps and hard acceleration as it dampens and sudden torque a bit. Adjustable by tighten the spur nut .

Steering servo
The good news is that it uses standard 3 pin servo instead of el-cheapo 5 wire servo. Now you can upgrade any quality servo without spending money replacing every electronics on board.

I'm going to do some test run later outside but first i need to run-in/break-in the brush motor without load for couple of hours before she's good to go. Overall quality on A212 was maximum statisflying for me. When i hold it it doesn't feel cheap. Its the same feeling i had when i hold an expensive KYOSHO mini-z. The suspension is smooth and supple. It absorb and rebound where adequate. It doesn't boing about like cheap suspension/shocks where you'd topple over after a rebound.

Here's some photos of internals:

Last edited by ican3d; Dec 17, 2015 at 07:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2015, 02:01 AM
Low budget fun
Nice! Thanks for your review.
All parts look thicker and more rigid than 1/28 ones.
Dec 16, 2015, 02:16 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Hey guys, i did some quick test run this morning after completed break-in the brushed motor last night. The A212 runs superbly well as stock. As for me it feels like driving a 1/18 scale truck probably due to its weight, i hardly roll or topple over after hard turns. The suspension does well when hitting small rocky pebbles and debris as if it rolls like nothing happen. The tyres however did slip into spins which need to do constant break-in before it becomes more grippy. Very maneuverable doing zig zag without roll over its body during cornering. The battery lasts more than 10 minutes bashing style driving but i haven't yet drain the battery so i need to play more until i found out whats its actual runtime. For a brushed motor it does have adequate speed for its size. The differential gearing does well during corner. I can also do a controlled drift which is fun even on stock controller. I'm so hooked on the first drive thinking i should get another one! I did ram over a dirty pool of water and it still drive smooth unstoppable. Cleaning is an ease. Since the plastic are smooth and bunch of stainless steel chassis just few brushed the dry dirt simply sweep off clean in few seconds. Radio range wise i havent max out yet but i drive until its hardly able to see it from distance. Btw on 2s 500mah 20C lipo battery its full heap of time to enjoy per-session. I'll do some tyre breaking first for next report. I will compile video on my youtube later on A212.
.......oh wait i think i should get another 1/24 this is so cool!

Gallery:
Btw i've created a gallery for WLTOYS A212 here: My gallery A212

Here some action time:

Dec 16, 2015, 05:40 AM
That is fantastic thanks!

Love the looks of that little truck!

Iam going to get one soon!
Dec 16, 2015, 07:34 AM
Nice. But when i look and look at my P929 they looks pretty much the same A212 have a bigger engine 180 P929 have a 130. Then most looks the same little bigger metal chassi.
Dec 16, 2015, 10:49 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engan
Nice. But when i look and look at my P929 they looks pretty much the same A212 have a bigger engine 180 P929 have a 130. Then most looks the same little bigger metal chassi.
I went to local hobby shop today and checked Wltoys 1/28 scale component and compare it with 1/24. It looks like the chassis bottom tab that support the "A" suspension from for 1/24 scale are much thicker, it has different differential size, solid dogbone and slightly beefier on other plastic parts.
Dec 16, 2015, 11:01 AM
Ok Nice to hear. Its hard to compare from a picture
Dec 16, 2015, 04:26 PM
Car Bashing
Hi,

I have done a small review on A212 : https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2563118
Dec 17, 2015, 01:11 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Sharing Part 1 review video of unboxing WLtoys A212. Next will be Part 2 video on simple test drive still processing:

Video:
WLtoys A212 - Part 1 Unboxing of 1/24 scale 4WD truck (15 min 50 sec)
Dec 17, 2015, 04:57 AM
I think it is bigger then I imagined it would be!

Now I see the wheels are held on the axles by screws and not a bolts

think steel axles would be better though
Dec 17, 2015, 05:04 AM
Car Bashing
Yes, wheels are held same as WLtoys 1/28. But the screw is very long and go deep inside wheel axle. Will see durability. Edit : i have added a photo about that in my review.

Yes, it will be nice that WLtoys provide small steel cvd.
Last edited by Jym73; Dec 17, 2015 at 05:33 AM.
Dec 17, 2015, 07:13 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Here PART 2 video of test drive, i did put some full amount of throttle at the end.

Video:
WLtoys A212 - Part 2 Quick test drive of 1/24 scale 4WD truck (2 min 14 sec)
Dec 17, 2015, 10:50 AM
Lovely

I do like the speed!, not too much and nice to controll!

like them canopy killing brushless streetscrapers
Dec 18, 2015, 07:42 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Possible brushless upgrades and motor fitting size for 1/24:

1. Gartt 4650KV 2030-Brushless Motor For 1/18 1/24

2. XTI-1222 180 11000KV

Brushless ESC:

1. Sinohobby 1/28 RC Car Parts 15A Brushless ESC for Mini Q V28-053BL
Dec 19, 2015, 05:16 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Today did some test on real 1/10 outdoor r/c track under hot sun and wet rainy day. Very fast, stable during cornering and hardly any roll over. This is great. But i lost a body shell snap pin and the front screw holding the wheels almost loosen. Really happy to see the truck grip well on fully wet track at high speed.

Photos:

Quick Reply