Dec 31, 2019, 02:32 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know I found a great supplier of hsp oil filled shocks,they work great on my a202 buggy! Dennis43058 on ebay has them in stock in usa!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2020, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyhigley
Just wanted to let everyone know I found a great supplier of hsp oil filled shocks,they work great on my a202 buggy! Dennis43058 on ebay has them in stock in usa!
Good news - thanks for sharing. Can you post a photo of them installed?
Jan 13, 2020, 02:26 AM
I would like to but but cant figure out how to attach pics. Im not so good with technology. Maybe you can tell me which button to push for attachments, or I can email them along with a hardware list etc. And you can post it on here for anyone else who may be interested.
Jan 13, 2020, 12:38 PM
First click on "Go Advanced"!
Name: Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg
Views: 5
Size: 2.26 MB
Description:

Then insert the pics here!
Name: Screenshot (2)_LI.jpg
Views: 7
Size: 2.11 MB
Description:
Jan 15, 2020, 12:25 AM
Car on left has hsp oil filled shocks.
Jan 15, 2020, 12:28 AM
More picks of the hsp oil filled shocks installed.
Jan 15, 2020, 12:37 AM
Parts needed, 4 hsp oil filled shocks, and 4 machine screws and spacers to secure top of shock to shock tower. I used 4 #2x5/8" machine screws (they thread into the shock tower perfectly) and 8 #2 nuts and washers as spacers. The top of shock will need to be reemed a little so the screw will fit threw the hole. When installing shocks Be sure not to over tighten the screws, I tightened till snug and then backed it off at least 1-2 turns. If it's to tight the shock wont cycle correctly.
Jan 15, 2020, 12:50 AM
I reused the stock wltoys lower shock rod ends with female ball socket, the hsp shock shaft threads in perfectly but needs to be filed down to create a socket for the hsp spring retainer to fit. I unfortunately did not get a good picture of the rod end before or after fileing it. But I found the best way to do this is to chuck the rod end into a drill (using it like a lathe) and file it down as the drill spins. I found a small pair of needle nose pliers to be the best file. You spin the drill while gently squeezing the end of the rod end and the teeth on the jaws of pliers act like a file grinding it down . Take care not to squeeze to tight or spin to fast as the friction creates heat and will melt the plastic rather than file it.
Jan 15, 2020, 06:18 PM
@Coyhigley - Thank you! Photos are great. Just what I needed to see.
Jan 19, 2020, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyhigley
Car on left has hsp oil filled shocks.
Your welcome!
Jan 25, 2020, 12:13 PM
Heya, late to the game but I'm interested in getting a a2*2. I haven't been doing rc cars since i was 10-12, some 20 years ago. Sh*t. Drove a Kyosho back then. Just want something simple to chase the kids with, indoor and outdoor (gravel, grass, maybe light sand). I like the frame, with changable parts and wl "quality" (i try to learn how to fly rc helis from wl and xk) . Seems like this is a match for me. But what happened to all the other 2*2? I only seem to find the 242, is there something new coming up or are they just quitting on doing the other variants?

Thanks!

*Edit* what spares do you recommend getting from scratch?
Last edited by Nimwin; Jan 25, 2020 at 01:18 PM.
Jan 26, 2020, 02:59 PM
I like the a242. Most important upgrades are the hubs and driveshafts. I now have metal driveshafts and hubs. I have also made some M2 adjustable links and fitted them wherever I could fit them. These make the car feel like it is more well finished.

If you want to get more ground clearance you will need to try to find some wheels and tires for the a212. You can see pictures of my modifications earlier in the thread.

I still have my vintage Kyosho Turbo Optima in mint condition... not sure if I want to keep it or not. I would really like to make the a242 a replica Optima with a Mini-z buggy body.

Quick Reply