Sep 22, 2015, 10:26 AM
Thread OP
New Product

GW008 Mini Skull nano with automatic paralell system

Look like an UDI U839/U939, BG announced this nano with a new features "Automatic Paralell System": http://www.banggood.com/GW008-Mini-Skull-2_4G-4CH-6Axis-Automatic-Parallel-System-3D-Rolling-RC-Quadcopter-p-999563.html

I don't know what this feature does

Description:
Item name: GW008 Mini Skull RC Quadcopter
Frequency: 2.4G
Gyro: 6 axis
Product battery: 3.7V 150MAH (Included)
Remote battery: 3 x AAA dry battery (Not included)
Charging time: 30mins
Flying time: 7-8mins
R/C distance: about 50m
Flying distance: about 50m
Color: red,golden

Features:
With Automatic Parallel System flight so stability.
With dazzling LED light,suitable for night flight.
With Headless Mode,no need to adjust the position of aircraft before flying .
One key to return function makes it easily to find the way home.
4 Channel which can do ascend, descend, forward, backward, left sideward fly, right sideward fly and rolling 360 .
It has 6-axis gyro which can have more stable flying and be easy to control.
Battery protection .

Package Included:
1 x GW008 Mini Skull RC Quadcopter
1 x 3.7V 150MAH battery
1 x Transmitter
1 x USB cable
1 x protective casing
1 x Screwdriver
4 x Propeller
1 x Manual

I think like UDI models, motors are 6mmx15mm so much more stronger than classic nanos (CX-10, etc...)
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Sep 22, 2015 at 10:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2015, 10:37 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Doesn't that "automatic paralell system" not just mean it's self leveling, like any 6 axis gyro quad? Just like "eversion" is another word for "flip"?
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Sep 22, 2015, 10:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Doesn't that "automatic paralell system" not just mean it's self leveling, like any 6 axis gyro quad? Just like "eversion" is another word for "flip"?
I don't know ... maybe you are right... there is maybe a baro to hold altitude
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Sep 22, 2015 at 11:23 AM.
Sep 22, 2015, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
I don't know ... maybe you are right... there is a baro to hold altitude
I didn't see that in the listed specs. Do you have another source that mentions that?
Sep 22, 2015, 11:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I didn't see that in the listed specs. Do you have another source that mentions that?

Ooops I forgot "Maybe" in my previous sentence
Sep 22, 2015, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Ooops I forgot "Maybe" in my previous sentence
French humor combined with specs translated from Chinese, right?

Maybe it will fly at 90 degrees angle to horizontal all the time. We've already seen quads that self level right side up, and that can fly inverted. So that would be something new...
Sep 22, 2015, 08:37 PM
A for looks!

Also the transmitter looks distinctly Huiying Toys, which is promising.
Sep 22, 2015, 08:42 PM
I think its another phrase for Headless Mode.
Those guys in china are always trying to find a new way to say that hahaha...plus, thats like the basic features all quads come with
Sep 22, 2015, 08:50 PM
I believe the automatic parallel system is just auto binding without moving the throttle stick up and down. Looks like the TX is the same comes with the HuiYing HY 852 and 853 which sucks big time.

Edmond
Sep 22, 2015, 09:05 PM
Vox Furry Regem
Hy Tx is better than the tiny UDI U939 one though. I love this. I wanted a death metal quad. They made a death metal quad. Just have to carve SLAYER on the top. I'm sold already! (Yes technically they're thrash metal but their new album rocks!)

Oh only thing my search came up with is Automatic Parallel System for parking your car. Maybe it parks itself ? You know when it runs out of range and "parks" somewhere you'll never find it again?
Last edited by Lycan Animal; Sep 22, 2015 at 09:17 PM.
Sep 22, 2015, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglost
A for looks!

Also the transmitter looks distinctly Huiying Toys, which is promising.

Yes it is a huiying quad. I know because a Huiying vendor sent to me some concept drawings of this quad like 3 or 4 month ago.

The design of the lower part of the body is very similar to space predator quadcopter.

Here is a video but the number is wrong...

Well I just talked to a huiying representative, yes the skull is from them and yes the number is HY-853 as the other one, and here is the really bad news, they used that number again because HY-853 is out of production and also HY-852

Now those are called HY-852a and HY-852b but it seems they are not producing them anymore.

Sadly the boss there really don't know what the h e l l he is doing. The main problem with this quadcopters were the confusion between hy 852 and hy 853 and now it got worst .

So hy852 and hy853 are now collectors item

the videos

HUIYING TOYS SKULL DRONE UNBOXING (2 min 45 sec)
Last edited by Xrotor Flyer; Sep 22, 2015 at 10:42 PM.
Sep 23, 2015, 12:56 AM
Just had to manually quote this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan Animal
Oh only thing my search came up with is Automatic Parallel System for parking your car. Maybe it parks itself ? You know when it runs out of range and "parks" somewhere you'll never find it again?
LOL
Sep 23, 2015, 09:42 AM
Vox Furry Regem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrotor Flyer
Yes it is a huiying quad. I know because a Huiying vendor sent to me some concept drawings of this quad like 3 or 4 month ago.

The design of the lower part of the body is very similar to space predator quadcopter.

Here is a video but the number is wrong...

Well I just talked to a huiying representative, yes the skull is from them and yes the number is HY-853 as the other one, and here is the really bad news, they used that number again because HY-853 is out of production and also HY-852

Now those are called HY-852a and HY-852b but it seems they are not producing them anymore.

Sadly the boss there really don't know what the h e l l he is doing. The main problem with this quadcopters were the confusion between hy 852 and hy 853 and now it got worst .

So hy852 and hy853 are now collectors item
Actually this could be good news. Both HY852 and 853 are really great quads. Absolutely tons of power, really good to fly, HY853 glows like an Xmas tree (no you can't have mine but I think you can still get HY853 at some places). If this is as good as them not only will it look great but could be a great quad, they may have a real winner. I can see people buying them just for the novelty of the looks (me).
Hopefully also same protocol as the others?
Sep 23, 2015, 09:49 AM
Drone Collector
This thing is strangely cute by its ugliness.

Looks to be a good night flier with those U807 style LED lens's

Parallel parking as well!?, will have to get one so it can show my gf how its done.

Quick Reply