Real time gps update on map or to custom software - RC Groups
Sep 21, 2015, 10:09 AM
Discussion

Real time gps update on map or to custom software

Hi all,

Is there any device that I can use to obtain gps position of my plane and transmit it back to my PC realtime, and plot it on some maps?

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2015, 10:28 AM
Some flightcontrollers do this.
I know of the FY-41AP and the Vector OSD's both have this capability if you have the correct accessory for it. The Ardu-based ones probably too.

These are autopilot/OSD all-in-one devices. There are probably more.

If you are looking for JUST this function, and no interest in an OSD or flight controller, I can't give any suggestions from the top of my head but I'm sure something like that must exist!
Sep 21, 2015, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantremember
Some flightcontrollers do this.
I know of the FY-41AP and the Vector OSD's both have this capability if you have the correct accessory for it. The Ardu-based ones probably too.

These are autopilot/OSD all-in-one devices. There are probably more.

If you are looking for JUST this function, and no interest in an OSD or flight controller, I can't give any suggestions from the top of my head but I'm sure something like that must exist!
I am in with all in one devices. The additional features are wonderful. But I would like to use the gps data coming from these flight controllers to plot on a map real time.
Sep 21, 2015, 12:00 PM
The Vector can do this if you use their Eagle Tree video amplifier. While your receive video, the signal has telemetry encoded in it, their video amplifier (connected by USB to a computer) can decode it, and display in real time on a Google Map where you are.

FY41AP and ArduPlane do the same but I'm not sure how exactly their mechanism is for doing it. There are more autopilots out there that I'm not aware of that probably do it too.
Sep 21, 2015, 07:58 PM
Apm need to use 3dr mavlink telemetry? Do anyone know the range of these devices?