Sep 22, 2015, 06:35 AM
Bipes Rule!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdahlhaus View Post
Nice herr Rittmeister!

Here's a nice squadron logo if you are going with the black version:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=577
Thanks kdahlhaus this build is very challenging. My planes come out pretty nice but my build logs aren't as informative or presented as nice as the others i have seen in this forum. Lol
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2015, 06:40 AM
Bipes Rule!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Ong View Post
This is really cool! How would you paint it?
Would you have a bomb drop system for the fuse and wing?
I appreciate it Teddy Ong. Initially i wanted the black paint scheme but think i will go with the. african campaign
Sep 22, 2015, 07:04 AM
Bipes Rule!
Thread OP
Teddy Ong yes i will do as much detail with bombs and other hardware as i can. At the moment electronics then cover the rest if the fuse. Trying not to let the fuse twist or torque while doing so.
i did see another paint scheme i liked on a video it was a black and white video so not sure of colors . The Stuka was in snow covered Pomerainia .
Sep 22, 2015, 09:56 AM
Professional tree finder
Wow, loving this! You really captured the look. Hope it flies as well as it looks. My last plane that I scratchbuilt was a Bf109 and I was so proud of it. First flight lasted about 2 seconds and then....total destruction. I wish you all the luck!!
Chris
Sep 22, 2015, 10:01 AM
Bipes Rule!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor man View Post
Wow, loving this! You really captured the look. Hope it flies as well as it looks. My last plane that I scratchbuilt was a Bf109 and I was so proud of it. First flight lasted about 2 seconds and then....total destruction. I wish you all the luck!!
Chris
Thanks Chris!! Havent heard from you in a good while. It should fly nicely it has dihedral out the wazoo, airfoil and some positive incidence in the wing. Weight is gettin up there though. I built the landing gear to withstand some weight and Hot landings.... We will see. As usuall i cant wait to fly it! I looked through your pics i didnt see the 109 but i do remember the eindecker you built some sweet planes!
Last edited by RITTMEISTER; Sep 22, 2015 at 10:09 AM.
Sep 22, 2015, 07:45 PM
Bipes Rule!
Thread OP
what glue works the best to laminate blue foam . Allthe ones i try dont sand evenly with the foam and leaves ridges.
Sep 26, 2015, 09:34 AM
Jer. 29:11
Very nice foam work!
Sep 26, 2015, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RITTMEISTER View Post
what glue works the best to laminate blue foam . Allthe ones i try dont sand evenly with the foam and leaves ridges.

3M 77 spray glue is what I use. I have a old can. Apparently they reformulated it since and it may or may not melt the foam, so please test first if you get a new can.
Sep 28, 2015, 01:13 PM
Bipes Rule!
Thread OP

glue

Thanks will try it.
Here is the nose section coming along pretty good.
Sep 28, 2015, 01:18 PM
Bipes Rule!
Thread OP

nose section

Vent and radiator. I have ordered another prop 116-3 blade and a bigger nose spinner. From 2" - 2 1/2". This plane is a little bigger than i first thought. It weighs in at 35ozs. Everything included but paint. Heavy sucker gonna fly fast and land hot!
Last edited by RITTMEISTER; Sep 28, 2015 at 01:35 PM.
Sep 29, 2015, 02:21 PM
Bipes Rule!
Thread OP

cockpit

Working on the cockpit to make it removable for battery/servo access. Wish maybe i would have went through the bottom of the wing.
Last edited by RITTMEISTER; Sep 29, 2015 at 02:28 PM.
Sep 29, 2015, 09:00 PM
Bipes Rule!
Thread OP

cockpit

Cockpit covered with Dollar Tree foam.
Last edited by RITTMEISTER; Sep 29, 2015 at 09:06 PM.
Oct 03, 2015, 10:20 AM
Bipes Rule!
Thread OP

flaps and ailerons

From pics i see the flaps and ailerons on the Stuka are lower than the wings trailing edge. Offset any one have any input on the hinges and placement of the control surfaces. I have bought Dubro E/ Z Hinges
Jan 18, 2016, 10:51 AM
Bipes Rule!
Thread OP
Anyone have experience with the offset Flaps and ailerons? The Stuka had airbrakes?? Not familiar with. Anyone's input greatly appreciated
Jan 18, 2016, 01:05 PM
I'm not an experienced modeler but i would build the ailerons around a thin dowel and offset them form the wing using thin plastic like you can get from cutting up gift cards

Quick Reply