Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 20, 2015, 08:47 PM
Rochester, NY
Discussion

NEAT 2015 - Photos, and four days from my perspective

Wow - what a great NEAT Fair. Weather was spectacular. Saturday night it was TShirt weather, when normally it gets very cold in the mountains. Tom and crew did a fantastic job.

I'm Vinnie from the JustGoFly booth. I love chatting with guys all weekend about Motors and R/C setups.

Lots to see, New Jersey guys are the coolest - A buddy has the fire jet and explosion on video, hopefully he can post it.
They hosted games each night, lots of cheering coming from the NJ Tents. What a great group!

Lots of planes for sale.
Many great flights, my favorite was the Rare Bears from Long Island. I bought one and they invited anyone to fly with them. That was amazing. I love high speed and hanging with five other high speeders is just so much fun. That was my second flight on the Rare Bear.
Action starts at 2:45
Rare Bears flying NEAT Fair 2015 (7 min 51 sec)

I flew my GLH - ballistic 155 mph old timer jet, with a JustGoFly GLH 3550 Motor on 3S. Fun as heck!

Auction - sorry I couldn't bear it. Waited 45 minutes for it to start, then got a headache ten minutes in, so I lost out on some deals. Arny is still tuning the Auction, he brought in a pro the last couple of years to announce the auction. My leaving was due to tiredness and sitting too close to the speaker.

NEAT Team ran a great show all weekend ! Only recommendation is to run the flight line a bit tighter. I'd still like to see slots for high speed only, it would keep them out of the regular normal fly time slots. High Speed flying is a big draw too, people love to see ballistic planes. There was some control of the flight line, but 3D in the big boy area should not have been allowed.

We had a great time, got to see my yearly NEAT friends, and thoroughly enjoyed all that was done by Tom and his team. It certainly has improved from year to year, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

So now - my photo blog...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2015, 11:26 PM
Nice posting and great photos! Who makes the rare bear and where do I get one?!?
Sep 21, 2015, 03:37 AM
Supersonic Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire Flyer
Nice posting and great photos! Who makes the rare bear and where do I get one?!?
It's an E-Flite model, so any dealer that carrys Horizon Hobby.

Thanks for posting the photos!
Nov 24, 2015, 09:35 AM
Anyone have a video of the 'new' Flyzone Seawind flying?

Alan
Guelph ON
Canada
Dec 06, 2015, 01:41 PM
Everything RC
I have video of unboxing one similar except its from the producer STmodel, will be making a video of it flying soon...hope you like it and please subscribe...

ST Models SeaWind PNP unboxing video (7 min 49 sec)