Sep 30, 2015, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
Those were not stock VTOL aircraft. They were Durafly EFX racers from www.hobbyking.com modified into quad-copter hybrids by Adam Woodward.
Yes, basically, the quad and airplane controls were "y'd" from the receiver into the flight controller and the aircraft controls. The forward propulsion motor had a separate throttle control from the quad throttle stick to operate them in dependently. When transitioning, the quad throttle was gradually reduced as the forward propulsion was increased. Vice a versa for the return to vertical flight.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2015, 06:18 PM
How high will it go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umdpru
Yes, basically, the quad and airplane controls were "y'd" from the receiver into the flight controller and the aircraft controls. The forward propulsion motor had a separate throttle control from the quad throttle stick to operate them in dependently. When transitioning, the quad throttle was gradually reduced as the forward propulsion was increased. Vice a versa for the return to vertical flight.
Were you there?
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Oct 06, 2015, 09:23 PM
yep, I missed your talk. Wanted to see it. Was too busy enjoying some libations and building. Next year. Adam and Lee Woodworth are also from my local club.
Oct 07, 2015, 07:12 AM
How high will it go?
Oh, I was flying my star wars speeder under the HK VTOL planes they had during the Sunday demo. Wanted to meet you. Next time.
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Oct 07, 2015, 11:03 AM
We'll be there next year for sure!