Sep 19, 2015, 11:10 PM
Going back to balsa
Thread OP
Discussion

The if I lost my _ I would get another one thread.

I thought it would be interesting to get a thread going about planes that you find good enough that if you lost the plane you would get another one.

Mine are:

-Multiplex Park Master
-Multiplex Easy Star ll
-Multiplex Fun Glider
-Flyzone Tidewater
-Hitec weekender eHawkeye
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2015, 11:26 PM
mutski
I crashed my first EasyStar II, had another one going in a week. I have a spare FunCub waiting to be built in case anything happens to the original. Also replaced a UMX Pitts after the control board failed.I have two Popwings. I think I have three copies of the Walkera Genius CP. Always plan ahead when you know you can't live without a fix.
Sep 20, 2015, 12:03 AM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
Ok I'll play...

I've owned:
Three Parkzone T-28s. If I crash the one I have now I may not buy another, or I might. I dunno.
Three E-Flite Carbon Z Cubs. I'm already planning on buying number four as a spare.
Three E-Flite Taylorcraft 450s. I'm pretty much done with this one. Will not replace. It was my favorite for a long time.
Two E-Flite Mini Pulses. First one crashed. Sold the second one off years ago. Will not buy another.
Two Blade MSRs. Both still flying. Would not buy another.
Two Blade Nano QX, plus two Nano QX FPV. I'm probably tired of these. But they won't break and I will replace motors to keep them going.
Two E-Flite Rare Bears. Keep crashing them trying to go way too fast. When the current one dies it's over. Will replace with a real pylon racer.
Two E-Flite UMX Carbon Cubs. The one I have now is getting tired. Will buy another some day.
Two E-Flite PT-17s. Crashed the first one. Sold the second one. Will not be buying again.
Two Dura-Fly Sky Mules. Good FPV plane for me. I will buy another when I need another.
Two Hirobo XRBs. First one still flew but was beat up. Second one looks great today, years after I sold my last 72Mhz TX. It would probably fly if I had a battery and a radio. Technology has come a LONG way, would not buy another.

That out of the way... I own the following planes and PROBABLY would buy them again if I crashed:
Parkzone S2 Sport Cub
Flyzone Tidewater
Parkzone Icon A5 (Discontinued, but I have a friend with one in the garage that he never flies).

I have a bunch of helicopters and a couple of quads. Very rarely would you buy a complete new kit. I have spent over $500 repairing my Trex 500, which is real close to a new kit price. I would do whatever it took to get that back in the air if I crashed it. I have several 450s that I like a lot, but I could stand to lose one or two. My 300x is a great heli, but it's outclassed by the newer designs. When I crash it I will not replace it.

-J
Sep 20, 2015, 12:56 AM
DFS#000178
If I crashed them I would definitely re-buy..

Freewing A-6
Freewing F-22
CMP Cherokee (if I could find another one)
SIG Seniorita ARF (Again, if I could find another)
Starmax 1400mm Cub

Maybe rebuy

Parkzone FW-190 - I'd probably buy the Freewing instead, though.
SkyMule - I love my 'Mule but I put so much work into painting it I don't know if I'd go through that again.
EFlite 450 Cub - I'd probably buy the Littlefoot instead. Or maybe the Pacer.
RMRC Anaconda - I love it, but I don't know if I fly it enough to justify replacing it.

Too precious\irreplaceable to fly

Kyosho Ki-61 (Green one) - Simply too hard to find to risk. Too pretty, too. Hangar queen.

Everything else I have is pretty much expendable.
Sep 20, 2015, 07:16 AM
circle flyer
My two favorites by a long shot are my scratchbuilt 38" profile PT-17 and my UMX PT-17..... would replace either one.
Sep 20, 2015, 08:21 AM
yank and bank!!
FMS 800mm p-51 V2

I'd add the alfa p-39, because it just flies so nicely, but all the factory glue is slowly coming apart.
Sep 20, 2015, 10:18 AM
PZ Artizan (I already have a spare)
PZ Sport Cub
Dynam WACO
Durafly HyperBipe
Flyzone Tidewater
40 inch Super Sportster
Hitec Zipper (just got a spare)
HobbyKing RadJet 420 Micro
Sep 20, 2015, 11:55 AM
I have fallen in love with many different built up balsa and foamy ARF models ,and said that, but have seldom done it except for the old Mark's Models glow powered Fun Mustang. I may do it with my Pat Tritle's Stinson Reliant and Cessna 140, the Mountain Models Switchback, and my Dynam WACO foamy bipe. So many models, so little time!!
Sep 20, 2015, 12:32 PM
you ain't gang you can't hang
3DHS 75" extra 330LT...i already lose one and bought another i would buy a 3rd if i had to
Last edited by Somethin' Extra; Sep 27, 2015 at 12:23 PM.
Sep 20, 2015, 12:45 PM
Arrowhead
PZ Wildcat (actually I do have a spare or two already, just in case)
H9 P47-D-1
GP Escapade
Stevens Aero Flybaby Bipe

Until recently I had a habit of replacing *any* plane I wrote off. Partly due to the particular full-size it replicated, and partly due to that old adage "If you fall off a horse...".

However the hangar is getting a bit full, and I have to save room for some particular projects.
Sep 20, 2015, 02:01 PM
I kill throttle servos
-FMS 1700mm P51, on my second already
-GP Sportster. Have had mine for 2 years and crashed 4 times. All crashes minor, still looks good. Was in a tree, while in a tree it was stormed on. The storm got it down
- Funtana 90. If i crashed it I would pay tons of money for another used one. Mine is 13 years old, in the process of recovering it.

Chris
Sep 20, 2015, 04:14 PM
My Parkzone Sport Cub
My Dynam T 28 Trojan
Sep 20, 2015, 04:26 PM
Crashing RC's since 1978
My 4s PZ T-28 1100 and my Carbon Z Cub... crashed it yesterday. It's fixable, but won't be so pretty anymore. Might buy a brand new one. Awesome airplane.
Sep 20, 2015, 04:34 PM
Going back to balsa
Thread OP

Oops.

I neglected to add the Model Aero Polaris to the list.

http://modelaero.com/Merchant5/merch...tegory_Code=AM

Man, that thing is a total blast!

Edit - PS Polaris thread here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=922465
Sep 20, 2015, 04:35 PM
Extremely Twisted
My Twisted Hobbys 32" MXS-C. I will need to replace her soon anyway. She's survived pool-wettings, innumerable crashes, dozens of midairs with other 32" profiles, and even a mid-air with a 1/4 scale IC-powered Decathalon! She's getting pretty heavy from all the Welders Glue.

Quick Reply