This thread is privately moderated by Hansondiandian, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 18, 2015, 08:50 PM
Closed Account
Thread OP
Discussion

Fake Mobius?

Today I was so content to open the box for my long-waited 4th Mobius Action Cam that I payed $80 on Amazon. Guess what, guys, tis a fake one shipped from Shenzhen, China that only worth $10 USD! The real MAC costs $80 USD and it is a much better HD FPV camera! As a result, I have to request a return with Amazon.com for that piece of !

Tips for getting Mobius Action Cams:
1. If you're in the U.S. or Canada, please buy all MAC related items from companies called "Novotm", "Spy Tec", and "Mobius".
2. If you accidentally purchased your MAC products from other companies, please check the shipping box and the product box. The genuine MAC has no Chinglish and any graphic on its box, it'll simply come with a cardboard box with a tag that says the company name on it.
3. If it happened to be shipped from a place out of the U.S., please return the item immediately after you confirmed that it is fake.
4. Genuine MAC has a darker, smoother, and much finer case compared to the fake one. Its lens is much larger than the lens of the faulty camera.
5. If you have downloaded the genuine MAC Mobius Setup app on your computer, you can notice that the setup wizard actually does not support the fake, and its board name will appear to be another brand (In my case, the board name is "Syntech" or somethin).
6. The fake product always have traits of very cheap and bad action cameras. It will also be very slow on powering and USB connection.
7. The fake MAC has file type ".avi" while the genuine MAC has ".mov". ".avi" often associates with very cheap key chain cameras.
8. On Amazon.com, if you buy the genuine MAC in the U.S. or Canada from the correct company I described in #1, they will take only around three business days to come to your house. If they have no defined tracking number and take 14 days or so to come, then you know you're screwed, cause what's gonna be shown will be 99.999% a fake MAC.

If you follow my suggestions, I promise you that more than 99.999% of time you'll get a genuine Mobius Action Cam when shopping online!
Last edited by Hansondiandian; Jul 28, 2016 at 12:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2015, 09:37 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Definitely a case of caveat emptor. At least it's through Amazon and they don't generally tolerate their vendors pulling that stuff.
Sep 18, 2015, 10:11 PM
Closed Account
Thread OP
I mean, that's pure cheap crap!
Feb 18, 2017, 12:00 PM
Bumping this thread as I'm also interested in getting one, but from searching around, I know Amazon or Ebay can't be trusted. What about hobbyking? https://hobbyking.com/en_us/mobius-a...video-out.html Can anybody confirm legit vendors for this camera?

Quick Reply