Sep 18, 2015, 03:14 PM
Foam abuser!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface5
Ok Im worried now it doesnt say what its made out of EPO or EPS
EPO, just look at the unboxing pics.

Alpha, any response re my wing swing question?

Pat
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2015, 03:21 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
Beautiful. And F-14D that looks like an F-14D.

Hopefully the swing wing functionality will allow direct TX slider or knob adjustment to position the wing in the full 899usec-2100usec input span, at least if given its own channel, with the PCB controlling when the wing surfaces disengage?

I noticed the wing box/rotating gear dilemma from your posted 3D line drawing. One solution for that is a longer slide to the strut with a stiff and soft spring. Soft spring compresses from the 5.25kg wet weight for the correct ground stance. But once air bourne the soft spring extends the strut and wheel ahead of the wing box if there is still room. The full scale did this as well.

But hey, ill take it!!! Very pleased that it's big and it looks like a Tomcat; though this one is going straight to mod city....
Sep 18, 2015, 03:24 PM
Sure looks like EPS to me
Sep 18, 2015, 03:28 PM
Well here!!

Just take all my money!!!

I'm gonna be broke !!!
Sep 18, 2015, 03:28 PM
Foam abuser!
Quote:
Beads are way too big for EPS. EPO for sure, just like all of Freewing's birds (except for the FN-RC F-104 of course).

Pat
Sep 18, 2015, 03:48 PM
Top Gun livery is a must.
Sep 18, 2015, 03:52 PM
Retired US Navy
And 90mm F-18 and Euro... Among others I would expect..

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Beads are way too big for EPS. EPO for sure, just like all of Freewing's birds (except for the FN-RC F-104 of course).

Pat
Sep 18, 2015, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat

Pat
EPO and EPS looks the same to me until you lift it. The cell size depends on the pellet size the manufacturer orders. The dry weight and the fact that the wings would do better with EPO has me guessing that that's what they used. But it would have been nice if they did just the fuse in EPS and engineered the wing box and CF rods to take the fuses flex loads.
Sep 18, 2015, 03:56 PM
Foam abuser!
VF-1 Wolfpack has always been my favorite scheme (even though this paint job was on the A model).

Pat
Sep 18, 2015, 03:56 PM
All the F-14 needs as a finishing touch is one of the pilots giving a one finger salute...
Sep 18, 2015, 03:57 PM
Hopefully they will do the same as the F-16 and have optional tail sets in other colours....there are several from over its years of service.....
Sep 18, 2015, 03:58 PM
Retired US Navy
I've been asking for this for a long time. Not picky about the scheme.
Sep 18, 2015, 03:58 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Now all the other threads will go silent, hehe! I gotta pick out a name for her...

Maybe after an ex
Latest blog entry: Freewing Me262
Sep 18, 2015, 04:01 PM
SJ
SJ
YES!! Im getting one ! :-)
Sep 18, 2015, 04:14 PM
SJ
SJ
Quote:
Looks like 95% EPO for sure, except the area around the arrestor hook, seems to be EPS.

Quick Reply