Sep 18, 2015, 09:59 AM
Thread OP
Question

E-flite UMX f-16 or UMX habu bnf

Hey!
I want to buy one of these two rc micro edf jets, but the doubt is which one of the two to get. I already have the e-flite umx mig 15 with as3x and it flyes great, however I want to upgrade and get one of these two which seem to be more agile and fast. They both go for around the same price ($150), and I also know that the new Habu s 180 has safe technology, but the new e-flite f-16 looks awesome. Which one do you guys recommend? ( I'm an intermediate rc pilot and I've only had one edf jet before).

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by ignaciolch; Sep 18, 2015 at 09:59 AM. Reason: spelling error
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2015, 06:00 PM
Both have same engine but UMX habu is lighter and more wing area, so it lands slower and turns better
Sep 18, 2015, 10:04 PM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Habu ... Period

I have all 3 ... Mig, habu and f-16 ...

I will be selling my f-16 ... Just don't like it compared to the other 2

If u are looking for advice... Get the habu
Sep 18, 2015, 10:27 PM
I have only flown the F-16, and it was underpowered, imo.
Sep 19, 2015, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Muscles
I have only flown the F-16, and it was underpowered, imo.
This is umx. Not 6s 70mm fan powerhouse. For its size the power is adequate and can do vertical loop from horizontal flight.

I have both. Bone stock the power of F16 feel a bit better than habu (original yellow one). For low experience pilots get habu first before trying F16. Habu has larger wing and more forgiving flight characteristics by design. F16 is more agile/unstable suitable for more advanced pilots. Also the full moving tail design of F16 is easy to get out of alignment if you do not check it before flight would lead to certain disaster.
Sep 19, 2015, 03:47 AM

picking nits

Quote:
Originally Posted by chulian1819
Both have same engine but UMX habu is lighter and more wing area, so it lands slower and turns better
it is called a "motor", as in electric motor, vs internal combustion engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignaciolch
Hey!
I want to buy one of these two rc micro edf jets, but the doubt is which one of the two to get.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823650
Sep 19, 2015, 05:01 AM
I have a Mig, a Great Planes F-86,and and a Habu......they all fly very good, but the Habu is my favorite....no bad manners!
Sep 24, 2015, 07:49 PM
The Habu is a perfect sport flying jet...Goes exactly where you point it and gets there pretty quickly...

I bought the F-16 due to wanting a 1/32 scale flying model of this famous airplane...This fills the bill for that need---BUT---Like most scale planes it has quirks unique to its design...Since it's draggy it needs more power but the power available is ample for non-afterburner scale flying...If you're wanting an afterburning powerhouse, this isn't it...It does like high alpha flying, though...

If you're looking for a forgiving airplane get the Habu...If you like to tinker get the F-16...

Kevin

Quick Reply