Sep 16, 2015, 11:21 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

A Graphic OSD for MAVLINK / UAVTALK

Hi,I want to share a graphic OSD. It is created by integrating a variety of excellent open-source projects. Many thanks to the developers for their efforts and dedication.

This project is full open source and hardware licensed under CC 3.0 BY-SA and GUN v3. You can find all information about this OSD athttp://www.github.com/Playuav/playuavosd, including the source code, the schematic diagram, and the configuration tools etc.

Board size: 33mm*26mm

Features:
1)Customize as many pages as you need to display different information. Switch the page with the remote control (RC).
2)Dual video inputs, front and rear cameras(real time switch via the remote control)
3)Support multiple types of flight control, such as the mavlink protocol used by APM2.x and pixhawk, UAVTalk protocol used by CC3D and revolution (Beta version), as well as the CAN protocol of DJI (under development).
4)Firmware can be updated with the configuration tools while parameter setting can be done via USB directly.
5)A map-like panel to show home, way-points and UAV's direction. The "map" can zoom in/out automatically based upon the distance between points Like the "Flight Plan" in MissionPlanner.

There is improvement to make, and there is new features to add. If you like this project, please join us and together let's make it the best.

Wiki:
http://www.playuav.com/wiki/doku.php?id=projectslayuavosd:start

Flight video:
FPV with PlayuavOSD2 (3 min 3 sec)
Last edited by tom4617; Sep 16, 2015 at 11:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2015, 04:36 AM
So no reply, has anyone here tested that? I'm about to give a try...
Sep 23, 2015, 07:42 AM
-FPV it's a hell of a drug-
yea looks cool as , i'd like to see cleanflight support added with a nice menu for changing pids ect and a good code base that makes it easy to add/remove parameters , great work so far guys keep it up!
Sep 23, 2015, 08:18 AM
I would like to try it, but building that hardware is beyond my capabilities.
Oct 13, 2015, 11:11 AM
just ordered one..
Oct 14, 2015, 04:00 AM
Looks great.

I am rebuilding my 450 quad with PixHawk and also ordered one from BG.
Oct 23, 2015, 02:43 AM

So, I am testing it now

Got my BG delivered.
Just today, I finished re-building my TBS Disco 450 with mini PX4 FC and PlayUAVOSD.
Still calibrating & testing bit by bit.

OSD did not work right away.
I hooked up my FPV cam cable to Video input 1.
Simply black screen. No signal coming from OSD unit as VTx is working OK.

So, do I need to flash a firm onto it or is it supposed to work right away?
Oct 23, 2015, 09:59 AM
Where do you get the board for this OSD?
Oct 23, 2015, 10:14 AM
Banggood.com
Oct 23, 2015, 10:46 PM
got mine!

went to update it but the program kept crashing in Win10. Found an updated one at the site and it worked. Said it was delivered w/the latest firmware version already.
Oct 24, 2015, 01:15 AM
This is some cool work I like the now osd layouts the WP overlay will come in handy cheers
Oct 24, 2015, 08:28 PM

Help needed

So, I can not get mine to work..

When powered on, red LED flashes for short time (booting, I guess) and no more. All LED stays off.
No OSD overlay. No video... Gray screen with some irregular static only.

I can not connect to my PC also..
Oct 24, 2015, 11:39 PM
Kozy2009, mine showed the osd wo/any video also but now works great - really like it although I haven't run it enough to nit pick

I use it on a Pixhawk. Nice the plug was already setup for the Telem1 port! When I could only get the osd wo/video, I put it back on the usb and reran the config program.

my 1st error: when the program starts and says its updated I didn't pay enough attention to realize it meant the confog program and NOT the OSD! Then I saw the button at the bottom right to update firmware 10 after I selected the com port it was plugged in to.

While I was there I set the PWM to channel to 7 to change the display. then saved the settings to eprom.

Back in the plane it was still osd only UNTIL I toggled channel 7 and voila! Osd overlay on video! Looks great! After changing batteries, the video remains on so it seems to be a one -time-only requirement.

Of course if you have zero output then ??
PS I have a blinking blue w/red led when its running.

later,
Mike
Oct 26, 2015, 12:33 AM

There is nothing in my case

Thanks, Mike.

I think my OSD came without firmware or bricked.

- OSD does NOT work at all... no overlay, no video... just grey screen only.
- I can not read settings from nor write firmware onto OSD.
- When it is powered (similar to what happens when I press the reset button as in the Youtube video), red LED is ON with yellow LED flashing. I guess OSD is trying to boot up.
- After this, only red LED is ON for short time. All LED eventually goes off.

PlayuavOSD issue (0 min 18 sec)
Dec 12, 2015, 11:33 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom4617
Hi,I want to share a graphic OSD. It is created by integrating a variety of excellent open-source projects. Many thanks to the developers for their efforts and dedication.

This project is full open source and hardware licensed under CC 3.0 BY-SA and GUN v3. You can find all information about this OSD athttp://www.github.com/Playuav/playuavosd, including the source code, the schematic diagram, and the configuration tools etc.

Board size: 33mm*26mm

Features:
1)Customize as many pages as you need to display different information. Switch the page with the remote control (RC).
2)Dual video inputs, front and rear cameras(real time switch via the remote control)
3)Support multiple types of flight control, such as the mavlink protocol used by APM2.x and pixhawk, UAVTalk protocol used by CC3D and revolution (Beta version), as well as the CAN protocol of DJI (under development).
4)Firmware can be updated with the configuration tools while parameter setting can be done via USB directly.
5)A map-like panel to show home, way-points and UAV's direction. The "map" can zoom in/out automatically based upon the distance between points Like the "Flight Plan" in MissionPlanner.

There is improvement to make, and there is new features to add. If you like this project, please join us and together let's make it the best.

Wiki:
http://www.playuav.com/wiki/doku.php?id=projectslayuavosd:start

Flight video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTac0oK_aWY
I don't see where the CT is located. I see the docs, hardware, source code stuff for the firmware but I am missing where the CT is located.

Thanks
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test

Quick Reply