Inside F5J -- Excellent F5J/ALES 6-servo wing kit

INSIDE F5J

• Wing span....... 2866 mm
  • Length.......... 1433 mm
  • Airfoil......... AG 35 mod.
  • Wing area....... 65 dm²
  • Take-off weight. 1100 g
  • Wing loading.... 17 g/dm²
  • RC functions.... Rudder, elevator, outer-ailerons, inner-ailerons, landing-flaps, motor.

Links:

Videos & Photos

Fab's program - Inside F5J (5 min 3 sec)

Inside Gerlitzen (3 min 2 sec)

Höllein Inside F5J Maiden Flight (1 min 36 sec)

Inside on the beach (2 min 5 sec)

InsidevsClimaxx (1 min 35 sec)

Inside Gorredijk (5 min 1 sec)

Inside F5J in ruhiger Luft (1 min 58 sec)

INSIDE F5J - Crow Landings (0 min 43 sec)

WP 20151213 0021 (0 min 59 sec)

Inside F5J Maiden flight (0 min 59 sec)

INSIDE F5J - Der Zusammenbau im Zeitraffer (7 min 57 sec)

Inside F5J (3 min 35 sec)

Inside F5J (4 min 49 sec)

Inside F5J maiden (0 min 54 sec)

Inside F5J flaps settings - butterfly (0 min 47 sec)

Here is some Google-translated information from http://www.hoelleinshop.com

The model:

09/15/2015: The only a few months old Introduction F5J has beaten all previous sales records of our own model constructions around lengths! Now we want the Inside F5J even those customers operate, where a 2-axle as the Introduction F5J appear to "entry-like" or too little maneuverable.

Due to the similarity of the sister models Introduction F5J and F5J Inside, of course, also resemble the model descriptions ...

Dragonfly Competition - Dragonfly Evo - Dragonfly Supreme - Dragonfly A 380 - Introduction F5J ... Excellent genes for new INSIDE F5J, our second model for the enormously attractive competition class F5J course for "top stayers", "expander / Entschleuniger", "! without Charger on-the-airfield-Kommer "and" not-between-the-flight-spare round ".

The differences from the Introduction F5J are the 6-flap wing with ailerons and the associated decreased dihedral.

How far: Sturdy tubular spar construction, precisely lasered wooden structure, simple structure (Höllein 3D puzzle), trouble-free and extremely good-natured start, flight and landing characteristics, large speed range by using the profile AG35mod, outstanding handling and thermal characteristics.. To the possibility next to the non-curved flight condition a thermal and link- / programming speed position. Easy single parts and assemblies procurement. Made in Germany!

New: 2866mm wingspan, from 1100g Flying Weight, 3-part wing with 4-fold V-shape and the next wingtips, tail in weight-saving, dovetailed half-timbered construction, prefixed and removable tailplane (optional), 90 ° Endleisten-flaps, wing-in main spar, innovative (toolless and tape free) locking the Ansteckflächen. Vertical descent at set flaps (90 °) and thus landings outside the Leewirbels (slopes and alpine flight use, eg Fiss!) without any problems. The positive camber of the wing over the entire span makes a slow and closely orbiting model an even slower and more closely orbiting model. On the other hand by negative warpage also the buzzard in the other corner of the model airfield easily accessible. After switching on the thermals position this will then turn green with envy (curve radius, see above)! With negative camber you just go after the thermals Bart again to the starting point or flying to the next thermal field.

The recommended drive - consisting of the BL-outrunner Hacker A20-22L evo, a 3-cell LiPo with 1300mAh capacity and CAMcarbon 11x6 - allows a lot of climbs on thermals suspicious heights. Due to the low flight weight 5-10s motor run time per climb are perfectly adequate.

The kit:

The central feature of the design surface is in this case the carbon fiber tubular spar to which the laser cut stems are "strung". Shapely wingtips make for an elegant surface statements. Our models Introduction F5J and F5J Inside we have donated to date form the most beautiful of our body kit series of Green and consistently designed for the use of small brushless outrunner. With nearly 3m wingspan and a surface area of 65dm² (surface load 17g / dm), we reach a flight weight of approximately 1100g! The long fuselage and the 4-fold dihedral with attached wingtips allow an outstanding circling characteristics.

The fuselage made ​​of balsa wood is reinforced at the front with light plywood. A dimensionally milled nose pad is already prepared for receiving the hacker A20-22L evo. The kit includes - in addition to the laser-cut components - CFRP spars, GRP nose strips, and any PushRod and small parts in. A multicolored plan in scale 1: 1 and a richly illustrated, German building instructions are of course at our Green kits CNC Line.
Last edited by ripacheco; Feb 10, 2017 at 03:18 PM. Reason: changed description, rearranged original post to have important information
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2015, 06:56 PM
I believe both the Inside and Intro use the same fuse. I think Hollein is also selling wing kits as well although if I were to build one I would just build another fuse anyway.

As far as a wood model this will be aces ! I might just buy a kit and hoard it in case I ever crash my Intro which I really enjoy flying.

Now that I've had mine for a couple months I do find the model is a little sensitive to warpage. I've had to tighten up and retune the covering 2-3 times already. Although the couple times I did fly it with heavy trims it didn't feel any different.
Sep 14, 2015, 07:03 PM
Oh by the way if I were building this I would definitely consider using really good 5-6 gram servos in the ailerons, 9 in the flaps, and 9 on the elevator and rudder. The control surfaces on the Intro def don't need more than 20-30 oz. I used X08's @ 5V and they are way more than enough.
Sep 14, 2015, 07:15 PM
rip
Thread OP
Yes the web site states that the wings are interchangeable
Sep 14, 2015, 07:16 PM
rip
Thread OP
In trying to order one but PayPal having a cow with the lack of a State field on the address ... Silly problems...
Sep 15, 2015, 11:01 AM
rip
Thread OP

Order Placed 180.26 EUR to Florida USA

Item Quantity Unit Price Total VAT
Item no. GRU2016
INSIDE F5J - Preiswertes F5J 6-Klappenmodell - EINFÜHRUNGSPREIS bis 30.11.2015! 1 pcs. 133,61 EUR 133,61 EUR 0%
Subtotal 133,61 EUR
Shipping 46,65 EUR (DHL WELT II PREMIUM)
Total, net 180,26 EUR
plus VAT 0,00 EUR

Total 180,26 EUR
Sep 15, 2015, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripacheco
Yes the web site states that the wings are interchangeable
ripacheco I can find nothing on the website for the INSIDE.
Could you post a link?
Regards
Tony
Sep 15, 2015, 01:58 PM
rip
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotony
ripacheco I can find nothing on the website for the INSIDE.
Could you post a link?
Regards
Tony
Google Translated German Information:
https://translate.google.com/transla...327&edit-text=

English Information: (parts are translated)
http://www.hoelleinshop.com/Models-H...=12327&p=12327
Last edited by ripacheco; Sep 15, 2015 at 02:04 PM.
Sep 15, 2015, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Item Quantity Unit Price Total VAT
Item no. GRU2016
INSIDE F5J - Preiswertes F5J 6-Klappenmodell - EINFÜHRUNGSPREIS bis 30.11.2015! 1 pcs. 133,61 EUR 133,61 EUR 0%
Subtotal 133,61 EUR
Shipping 46,65 EUR (DHL WELT II PREMIUM)
Total, net 180,26 EUR
plus VAT 0,00 EUR

Total 180,26 EUR
So about $200 plus exchange fees right?
Sep 15, 2015, 03:30 PM
rip
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Winkle
So about $200 plus exchange fees right?
Sounds about reasonable...

I am not 100% certain... I'll find out for sure when I get my credit card statement.

$200 seems high for a "kit" but judging by the quality of the kits from this vendor ... it came highly HIGHLY recommended.
Sep 15, 2015, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Sounds about reasonable...

I am not 100% certain... I'll find out for sure when I get my credit card statement.

$200 seems high for a "kit" but judging by the quality of the kits from this vendor ... it came highly HIGHLY recommended.
I think $200 is a bargain!

An Occulus (yes, it has a glass fuze) is $425. A standard class Oly II S-X (which needs to be converted to electric) kit is $169.

I think it's time for me to start brushing up on my German.
Sep 15, 2015, 07:32 PM
rip
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceskier

An Occulus (yes, it has a glass fuze) is $425. A standard class Oly II S-X (which needs to be converted to electric) kit is $169.

The Introduction manual was easy to translate to English ... Hoping the same will be here
Sep 15, 2015, 07:34 PM
rip
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceskier

I seriously considered the oculus but in the end this plane gained on me...
Sep 16, 2015, 06:38 AM
Thermal Wrangler
Good luck with it Rip.
I'm looking forward to detailed photos of the hinging and wipers.
Sep 16, 2015, 08:14 AM
rip
Thread OP

Shipped

After a little conversation with VISA regarding "a purchase from a toy-store in Germany"... the payment was approved and Hollein proceeded to ship right away.

Shipped! Good service Hollein

Order no.: ??????
Date: 15.09.2015
Notice: CCS / Onlineshop HK 16.09.15
Total amount: 180,26 EUR
Shipping status: 2 von 2 shipped
Deliveries:
16.09.2015 (Tracking no.: ????)

Quick Reply