Apr 26, 2016, 01:54 PM
Even better, big brother...Was a misunderstanding then ...
Well, I'll hold a cold beer in my hand instead of a bidding number and enjoy the action

Can't wait to see you, Mikey
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2016, 02:02 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Mike and Mike, are you planning to post your task list? or make it a surprise?

Not really life critical, just curious, should we be prepared for that Poker round early in the morning

The web-site contains tasks ans scores (!) from last year. Cool to see. But I guess at some point they will be cleared off the web-site.
Apr 26, 2016, 04:46 PM
Man, that's a sweet looking wing!
Apr 26, 2016, 06:15 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Thread OP
Good question Oleg! I will leave task selection and revelation to our CD Mr. Seid. Usually we post them, so I don't think he will keep them a secret for too much longer.

Thank you for the question.

Mike
Apr 26, 2016, 09:38 PM
M Seid
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
Mike and Mike, are you planning to post your task list? or make it a surprise?

Not really life critical, just curious, should we be prepared for that Poker round early in the morning

The web-site contains tasks ans scores (!) from last year. Cool to see. But I guess at some point they will be cleared off the web-site.
Ive done the task list for the IHLGF for a long time running now... I dont think we have waited much past the saturday morning pilots meeting to announce it. I will give you guys a bit more time this year to prepare, I promise.

I am a big fan of legendary golf course designer Donald Ross who has some absolute gems in your home state. One of his philosophies in course design was to make the first hole extremely fair. He wanted golfers to get into the round before they blew themselves up. Im feeling his influence again this year.

Since you asked Oleg, you deserve an answer. Poker will not be the first task on Saturday morning.
Apr 26, 2016, 09:50 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid
Since you asked Oleg, you deserve an answer. Poker will not be the first task on Saturday morning.
Nothing said about Sunday however.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Apr 26, 2016, 10:28 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Quote:
One of his philosophies in course design was to make the first hole extremely fair. He wanted golfers to get into the round before they blew themselves up. Im feeling his influence again this year.
I remember it used to be a tradition of sorts, the first task was always Ladder This lets everybody get into the first 3/4 of the first round before they blow themselves up. But even that is not likely in the soft nice Poway morning air.
We are going to enjoy anything you come up with, Mike. Especially if you could expand the field, remove the horses, and get some green grass growing there.
Apr 27, 2016, 06:23 PM
Come out swinging

Sean
Apr 28, 2016, 08:51 AM
F3B and F3K
Quote:
I for my part prefer Poker as the first task in the morning anytime over Poker around noon or afternoon.

In the early morning, it is a very fair task, you nominate times you can achieve with your skill level (5x 2:0, 4x2:30 or 3x3:20 minus some truncation) and you can get them deterministically and reliably.

Later during the day, there is way more randomness in the Poker task when the big lift and sink cycles hit and the task is no longer deterministic, but partially a lottery.

But it is of course Seid of Mike's decision what to throw at us.

Reto
Apr 28, 2016, 11:32 AM
Team USA F3F Member
Hey guys!

Just so you know, this weekend we have the TPG contest happening at Poway with only a couple of weeks before the International!

Go sign up and come out and rattle off the rust before the big comp.

Signup is here : http://f3xvault.com/?action=event&fu...w&event_id=734

Tim
Apr 28, 2016, 04:15 PM
M Seid
who's in?
Apr 28, 2016, 04:37 PM
MQ-5B Driver
I wish I could make the pre-contest clinic.. But at least I'll be there for the big dance.
May 01, 2016, 11:05 PM
J.B.
Hey Tim,

I've been trying to register for the International, but every time I try to sign in, it sends me back to the intro page and I can't register. I've tried on both the computer and phone with no luck.

JB
May 01, 2016, 11:09 PM
J.B.
Nvm...it popped up after waiting on the loading screen. I just have no patience. =]
May 02, 2016, 05:51 AM
flying monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetoF3X
I for my part prefer Poker as the first task in the morning anytime over Poker around noon or afternoon.

In the early morning, it is a very fair task, you nominate times you can achieve with your skill level (5x 2:0, 4x2:30 or 3x3:20 minus some truncation) and you can get them deterministically and reliably.
Unless you are in Herten and it's very windy . Many people screwed up their early morning Poker round this year by sometimes not even making 90 seconds. Maybe San Diego weather is more predictable.

Friedmar

Quick Reply