Jan 25, 2020, 04:41 PM
Has anybody thrown a gas engine in one of these yet? iv got an rcgf 15cc stand off mounted looking for a nice home and i really miss my escapade lol
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2020, 10:21 PM
I had an Evolution 10cc in mine for quite awhile and it flew great with a 12x6 wood prop on it. Easily got 6 minutes flights with plenty of fuel left in reserve.

I had a 6 ounce tank in it and the ignition module sat on top of the tank. Perfect.

I now have an Eflite power60 electric in it with a 4000mah lipo and it flys about the same as with the gasoline motor.

You 15 would be plenty of power... if it fits.

Bob
Jan 26, 2020, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the info! intresting, where did you put the ignition battery? sorry, i just have no idea how much space is inside of it for extra components.
Jan 27, 2020, 03:31 PM
Well there is a compartment to the rear of the fuel tank where I put two Life batteries standing on edge. One was 1100mah for the ignition and the other was a 2000mah for the receiver and servos. Yes, I used two switches, one for ignition and one for radio.

I used two batteries because I wanted to isolate the receiver from any ignition noise.

The Evolution 10cc Gen2 ignition module can handle 6.6 volts easily.. Same with my servos.

Bob

Quick Reply