Sep 13, 2015, 09:34 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Carbon-Z Yak 54 3X BNF Basic, Purchase

Hey guys looking for my 4th plane. I currently have an Apprentice S, Extra-300, and Visionaire. Been flying two years now and really have latched onto 3D as it is what floats my boat so to speak.

So today I am at the club field flying my Visionaire and had some trouble with wind. Anyway one member had the new Carbon-Z Yak 54 3X BNF Basic and even let me fly it a little, the fool.

I liked it for what little time I had with it. It is a larger and heavier plane than the Visionaire and handled the wind a bit better.

So what do you owners of this plane think about it. Would you have bought it knowing what you know now. Hits and Misses.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2015, 08:37 PM
Bind n' Crash
Well I don't have that plane BUT I have the Parkzone Sukhoi, which is similar. It uses the same batteries as the visionaire, so you won't have to buy new batteries. The sukhoi is also radically cheaper. It's got vortex generators which make it very stable in the air, a 1250 kv motor combined with a 3s battery which gives you unlimited vertical with power to spare, has some pretty good throws giving you good 3d capabilities, and let's not forget the SAFE technology with its panic recovery mode. I've really enjoyed it so far, and I think you would too.

Quick Reply