Sep 13, 2015, 05:15 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

Flyfly Hawker Hunter

I know guys I am supposed to finish Mig-21 but I am at a stand still on Mig until I get some resin and cloth. I will use down time and build Hunter. I am glassing Hunter inside and out with 2.5oz cloth and epoxy resin. Hunter is going to have split flaps, rudder and speed brake
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2015, 10:18 PM
Classic jets rule
That's going to make it strong.woder why they didno5 fill in that ducting and bring the inner wall to a point? I'd fix that
Sep 13, 2015, 10:46 PM
Thread OP

Hawker Hunter

That's for the cheater hole. With as much inlet area their is I wouldn't think you would need a cheater hole
Sep 14, 2015, 08:22 AM
2019 EDF Jet Jam June 13-16
I thought the Hunter was only available in EPO? I was under the impression epoxy resin does not adhere well to EPO?
I have a JePe Fast Foam Hunter that will be finished with 1/2 ounce cloth and WBPU.
Sep 14, 2015, 10:01 AM
Thread OP
Jepe uses epo foam. You have to use like 120 grit sand paper and rough up the surface to be glassed over
Sep 14, 2015, 10:29 AM
So your Hunter is EPS?
Sep 14, 2015, 11:05 AM
EDF Vulcan To The Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenkopf
That's for the cheater hole. With as much inlet area their is I wouldn't think you would need a cheater hole
You're right My Jepe Hunter flies pretty well without it.
Sep 14, 2015, 11:10 AM
Thread OP
Flyfly is epo. All the info I have found says Jepe uses epo also. I built a Flyfly F-100 and glassed it too. Radar I am thinking about filling that cheater hole in. I have been in Bielefeld Germany 3 times
Sep 14, 2015, 11:37 AM
From what I have read the Hunter was only produced in EPO period. Curious to hear how well the epoxy hold the glass in place
Sep 14, 2015, 11:52 AM
Thread OP
That is what I am saying. Flyfly uses only epo. Just checked Hunter and glass cloth stuck to foam like nobodies biz
Sep 14, 2015, 01:10 PM
Classic jets rule
My F-100 is eps they made those in both
Sep 14, 2015, 01:13 PM
Thread OP
At any rate glass cloth came out good. Strong and light weight. Working on both Mig and Hunter today Rodger. Have to get fuse molded by this weekend as it will start getting cold sooner or later
Sep 14, 2015, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenkopf
Jepe uses epo foam. You have to use like 120 grit sand paper and rough up the surface to be glassed over
Jepe doesn't manufacture these kits- he modifys them. (Pretty well too- I have an F-22 from him, unbuilt as yet.) So whatever FlyFly made the Hunter from, that's what it is.
Tom
Sep 14, 2015, 05:20 PM
Thread OP
Again I don't care who does what or make what out of what. I am just showing how I am going to build the Hunter
Sep 14, 2015, 10:17 PM
Thread OP
Hey been looking at Hunter pics. How come some Hunters have those boobie looking bulges near the cockpit and some don't?

Quick Reply