The RCGroups RF Field Hunt - Find the Gnome and Win!

It's a scavenger hunt and the winners will receive 12 month Plus accounts!

Splash

Fly the RCGroups RealFlight multiplayer for a chance to win!

If you read my previous article you know that RCGroups now has a multiplayer RealFlight flight sim session going. I thought for this weekend we would do something a little more interesting.

Find the Gnome

I have hidden a gnome in the woods beyond the runway. Now I've made this one pretty easy for you since it's the first time out. Beyond the airfield runway are some billboards. These will lead you out to the woods you need to search. I made the Gnome extra large so while it might be challenging, it shouldn't be impossible to find the gnome.

When you find the gnome take a screen shoot and email it to me.

What You Win

The first 5 people that find the gnome and send me a screen shot will receive a 12 month Plus membership on RCG. That's a value of $49.95!

Learn more about the Plus account here.

But Wait, There's More!

When I first had this idea I put a small gnome in the woods. By small I mean 12 inches. I then promptly lost the little gnome. If you can find that small gnome you will win an RCGroups wind sock! The same applies here - if you find the micro gnome snap a screen shot and email that to me. I'll verify it's the right one and get back to you. There is only one winner for the small gnome.

What You Will Need

First you need RealFlight. Luckily there are a huge amount of RF pilots out there in the RC world! The RealFlight flight sim has an online feature that allows you to fly with other users. Then gnomes are located on the multiplayer live session field, so you have to get on our live field to find the gnome. There are a few things you will need to get going.

Download the RCGroups Airfield

There have been custom designed items in the RCG field that you will need to download. Once you get this imported into RealFlight you can also utilize the Multiplayer feature to fly this field with other RCG users. All you need to do is go to the multiplayer section, click "join" and find the official RCGroups airfield.

Here is the link to the RCGroups field.

Field Video

Here is a fun vid of the RCG RF airfield. You can fly our FPV courses, catch thermals off the runway and just have fun flying around!

The RCGroups.com Online FPV Race Course - RealFlight Multiplayer (2 min 12 sec)

Field Photos

Lets take a look at what the RCGroups field has to offer:

Good Luck!!

I hope you find the gnome but even more importantly, I have you have a great time on the RCG RF field!

Sep 12, 2015, 04:37 AM
Blew out my flip flop
Is this just for RF7? I downloaded and imported the field but dont see it in my list
Sep 12, 2015, 08:44 AM
Admin Deluxe
Thread OP
Did you jump online and find the RCG multiplayer session?
Sep 12, 2015, 07:21 PM
Blew out my flip flop
I did but saw no rcg session
Sep 13, 2015, 04:05 PM
you ain't gang you can't hang
found it email sent!
Last edited by Somethin' Extra; Sep 13, 2015 at 07:38 PM.
Sep 13, 2015, 06:53 PM
finally found them!! email sent Jim
Last edited by tkimbro55; Sep 13, 2015 at 08:38 PM.
Sep 13, 2015, 11:33 PM
Blew out my flip flop
What version of RF are yall using?
Sep 14, 2015, 01:26 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Rats...I have 6.5. Sheez no worky for me.
Sep 14, 2015, 06:40 AM
RF 7.5 be sure to download the rcgroups field from the link above.
Sep 14, 2015, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hogue
What version of RF are yall using?
The latest version, like 7.5.015 or something like that.
Sep 14, 2015, 11:50 AM
Admin Deluxe
Thread OP
We have our winners! TKimbro found both gnomes so he gets a wind sock as well. Congrats to everyone that found the gnome and thanks for hanging at our field!
Sep 14, 2015, 12:01 PM
Thank you jim!
Sep 14, 2015, 04:25 PM
Blew out my flip flop
Quote:
Originally Posted by DismayingObservation
Rats...I have 6.5. Sheez no worky for me.
6.5 here too, oh well, it made me re-install RF and start flying it some again, so thats a plus

Quick Reply