Sep 14, 2015, 11:24 PM
NMPRA 34C
Looks good! I agree on Motor and Speed Control. By the time you research what will fit, order, install, then play the prop game, why not just go with the OEM recommendations? Demonstrated that it works, and you have factory support. The price is not that much more........

Maybe this is my "from me to me" X-mass gift!

Dave
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2015, 01:58 AM
Suspended Account
No i wasn't saying i can't get thrust motors, they are very attainable and affordable here. I was saying,,,, that's WHY i would like Thrust motors to be normal, so i could buy them for other planes. I could get them!

I mean,, in the US, you can get Omega and Torque motors, in Europe we can't, so the choice of high end quality/performance motors is much less than the US. That's why i suggest it is a good idea, that Thrust make motors normal, so they can sell to 100% of the market and not 10%.
Nothing to do with PA planes.

Regarding normal mounting, there are benefits there also. Otherwise why would 95% of manufacturer's use normal mounting?
Sep 15, 2015, 02:27 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
Tony seriously mate leave it... people who buy PA planes like them the way they are, you cant change or argue with fans of the product. We can buy most stuff in europe mate, you just need to know where to buy them. In fact yesterday I bought one you can check which one if you read my posts.

Hans, Dan or whoever knows
Its nice that at least the canopy has a latch.
Does it still have split gear?
Sep 15, 2015, 02:51 AM
Jan Spatny
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDale View Post
No i wasn't saying i can't get thrust motors, they are very attainable and affordable here. I was saying,,,, that's WHY i would like Thrust motors to be normal, so i could buy them for other planes. I could get them!

I mean,, in the US, you can get Omega and Torque motors, in Europe we can't, so the choice of high end quality/performance motors is much less than the US. That's why i suggest it is a good idea, that Thrust make motors normal, so they can sell to 100% of the market and not 10%.

Regarding normal mounting, there are benefits there also. Otherwise why would 95% of manufacturer's use normal mounting?
Back mount is frequently used so that the motor box actually fits inside of the cowling without grinding corners off By the way you need to do this with PA Bandit I think... or was it KMX? I dont remember.

Jan
Sep 15, 2015, 03:04 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDale View Post
NThat's why i suggest it is a good idea, that Thrust make motors normal, so they can sell to 100% of the market and not 10%.

Nothing stopping you from mounting any Thrust motor the "normal" way. X-mount bolts to motor in the "normal" fashion and use pillars to mount the X to the firewall, as illustrated on the box the Thrust motors packaging.
The Rotorkool fan then still does it's job to keep motor temps in check and all good.
Sep 15, 2015, 06:06 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
Its nice that at least the canopy has a latch.
Does it still have split gear?
Oh no, not more split gear splitting

Ohh i didn't know you could normal mount a thrust motor, i might just buy one.

Yes George you are right, you can buy just about anything anywhere if you know where to look, but it's just we pay a huge excess hike for shipping and tax duties. Glad to hear your canopy is fixed
Sep 15, 2015, 07:38 AM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
I have always considered the PA way of mounting motors the "normal" one. The physics involved, for example the balancing point, forces of rotating masses, etc, just make more sense to me.
Sep 15, 2015, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Thing View Post
I have always considered the PA way of mounting motors the "normal" one. The physics involved, for example the balancing point, forces of rotating masses, etc, just make more sense to me.
+1. The bearings probably like it too.
Sep 15, 2015, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Thing View Post
I totally agree. Easier is not always better.
Sep 15, 2015, 09:18 AM
Ok guys!! very excited to post this!! this is the first video of the XR-61! it was shot during the test flights!

XR-61 Prototype Test Flights by Daniel Dominguez (6 min 29 sec)
Sep 15, 2015, 09:56 AM
PA Enthusiast
Very nice video and great flying! I especially liked the "Jet-sound" at about 2:56. Extra boost eh? I am interested in your comparison of how it flies compared to the Extra MX and the Katania MX. For instance, why buy this over the others.
Sep 15, 2015, 10:02 AM
PA Team Pilot
AWESOME VID DAN! I should be posting one by this weekend...

I will get to fly it on Thursday and will be shooting video!

I am really excited...
Sep 15, 2015, 10:02 AM
Jan Spatny
Nice flying! Daniel can you show photo of fuselages or KMX and XR 61? so the side area is comparable? Thanks :-)

jan
Sep 15, 2015, 10:21 AM
Looks super slow like you are flying 100cc.
Sep 15, 2015, 11:04 AM
Cool video Daniel.

What colour is your XR61 Mike? Dan's red one really stands out against the landscape.

Quick Reply