Nov 23, 2019, 07:35 PM
Hard to say. Younger crowds are used to FB for one I suppose. Perhaps the moderation works a little better in some of the FB groups. Less trolling from haters? No real answer that I can come up with. Maybe someone can enlighten.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2019, 07:43 PM
'n boer maak 'n plan
I cannot agree with that statement - I and many tech savvy stay far away from FB as we know that you are selling your soul with everything you share there. I understand that businesses love it for exactly that reason and that make me frown at those companies. It is also true that others are moving away from FB to things like discord discussions and other media. Forums are indeed a bit of a dying media but as long as it is here I don’t see why we would give up the wealth of information on our hobby and why companies would ignore them. I should point out that the RC hobby is also changing and so one cannot just blame the forums...
Nov 23, 2019, 07:46 PM
'n boer maak 'n plan
Younger crowds are not the ones flying RC planes these days. No they fly drones..
Nov 23, 2019, 08:28 PM
Some really good points. I plan to stay right here, and I'll probably support companies that support RC groups.
Nov 25, 2019, 08:51 AM
+1!
Nov 26, 2019, 05:59 PM
Feedback taken guys, i'll be a little more active around here again, and i'll let the other team pa guys too
Nov 26, 2019, 06:06 PM
Awesome Daniel! So glad to hear!
Nov 26, 2019, 06:40 PM
'n boer maak 'n plan
Much appreciated
Dec 02, 2019, 11:06 AM
Awesome news for anyone wanting to try the 61T!!!
Jan 04, 2020, 03:06 PM
Is there any recommendations on motor and servo I could use over what is recommended by PA themselves ??

Thanks
Jan 20, 2020, 07:49 AM

CG Machine

Way back on page 10, post 142 from 2015 recommends the Great Planes or Multiplex cg machine.
I'm having trouble finding these.

Any links to a current and similar machine?

Thanks
Bob
Jan 28, 2020, 10:45 AM
Guys check this out, two new videos of the XR61T from Alex! it looks like it flies amazing!

XR-61T in action! maiden flights by Alex Fredrickson (3 min 33 sec)

PA XR-61T flown by Alex Fredrickson (4 min 22 sec)
Jan 28, 2020, 11:26 AM
Very nice Alex.
An idea what the flying weight of that particular plane is Dan?

I'm putting one together now and can't wait!
Jan 31, 2020, 11:12 AM
Should be pretty similar in weight as the original XR61! I would say probably even lighter because the new T60 Revo - NXT100 servos are lighter than the previous T50 - 5245 combo that we used before!
Jan 31, 2020, 11:23 AM
Thanks Dan
I'll rephrase the question then.
I'm assembling a current XR 61 with the new servos and motor.
What is an "ideal" weight for the 61 with or without batteries?

Thanks
Bob

Quick Reply