May 30, 2016, 12:29 AM
No new reports on these?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2016, 05:03 AM
Hi guys
can someone tell me how roomy is the plane on the inside? , Im considering getting one to power it with a Wren 44i Turboprop
Aug 24, 2016, 03:00 AM
I have one, and all the goodies but the engine. Can't decide between DLE, DA, or giving the Evo 62GX a try. Lots of people claim turd on the Evolition. I have also seen data to the praise of the engine. Also debating a double rudder servo setup...
Aug 24, 2016, 03:24 AM
You can't go wrong with either DLE or DA. I have a DLE 61 in mine, which seems to be plenty enough, but I don't enough flight time on it to give you more feedback.
May 02, 2017, 03:14 PM
LeSquale
I'm in the process of finishing up my P3, excellent fit and finish on everything, and have a DLE 61. I'm real concerned about the stock muffler relative to having to cut up the cowl to get it to fit. Could I ask what muffler you used if not the stock DLE and if you did use the stock muffler how much cutting did you have to do to the side of the cowl.
Thanks, RonLK
May 03, 2017, 12:07 PM
Miami fl
HI I Have a P3 60CC would this set up work.

P3 REVOLUTION 60CC BIPLANE
RIMFIRE 65CC
CASTLE CREATION HV 160 AMPS

I HAVE 2X 4100 6S BATTS TO RUN PLANE ON 12S

ANY IDEAS ON FLIGHT TIME?
PROP?
Last edited by ROD GARCIA; May 18, 2017 at 07:46 AM.
Jul 09, 2017, 04:27 PM
I have been build one its just about ready for a maiden. How do you do c of g and such a big plane
Sep 12, 2017, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrythelathe
I have been build one its just about ready for a maiden. How do you do c of g and such a big plane
Hey Larry,

How did your maiden go? As far as the CG I would get a mate to help and use your finger tips.

Its seems to be a shame that there were such quality issues with version 1 of this plane because if they are all fixed on the V2 (and they appear to be) then it should be getting greater interest than it has as I understand it looks and flies great.
Sep 17, 2017, 11:07 AM
Is the ~6" CG in the manual OK? I read conflicting reports.

The pilot isn't remotely scale either is he? The P3 is probably close to 1/3 scale? and the pilot would look good in something half that size. His helmet should mostly fill the canopy like the foamy CZ P2 right?

Edit: Per some advice I maidened w/ the CG under the front cabane bolts which is about 10mm ahead of the max fwd recommended in the manual. It was definitely a touch nose heavy. The manuals recommendation is probably spot on.
Last edited by smdub; Oct 15, 2017 at 08:04 PM.
Oct 15, 2017, 01:00 PM
Does it is it still available
May 03, 2019, 11:13 AM
Failure is not an option
Here is a response I received from the designer Mike McConnville regarding cg placement.
Re: Prometheius
Hi Thanks for the message.

Onthe Hangar 9 P3 Revolution the CG in the manual is too far back. It flies bad there. Move it forward about 3/4" to start. May take nose weight but do it as needed. I had all batteries on the side of the motor box and out balanced ok.

Mike
May 15, 2019, 04:10 AM

Wanted

Does anyone have a Hangar 9 Saw revolution P3 60cc fuselage Laying around?
May 24, 2019, 04:06 PM
Looking for one NIB or used airframe but willing to ship.....anyone?

Quick Reply