Aug 01, 2021, 10:34 AM
Crashing IS Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB
Hi Fella,

here is my Jumper T8SG file, works good for me if you want to give it a go.

Both shoulder switches (G & H) kill the throttle but the Top Rear Right (H) activates the main display symbol (white background = on).
Switch D selects stabilised (6g) with low rates when up, middle is IU 1 and down is IU 2. IU 1 is a bit milder that 2 but will still fly inverted etc. IU 2 is 'hard core'. The main screen symbol shows F0 - 6G, F1 illuminated for IU 1 and F2 illuminated for IU 2. 'C' fully down is timer reset.

Paul
Many thanks Paul!

I remember now why I love this forum. Members are so friendly and responsive

I will give it a try.

Jerry
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2021, 11:10 AM
Oops. Flew into a bush and separated the upper and lower halves of the swashplate Ordered a couple new ones. Gotta wait a while. In the meantime can they be pressed fit back together? Doesn't look like it. Thought I'd ask here before breaking out a torch, impact wrenches and such

Jim
Aug 01, 2021, 11:20 AM
Crashing IS Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZShooter
Oops. Flew into a bush and separated the upper and lower halves of the swashplate Ordered a couple new ones. Gotta wait a while. In the meantime can they be pressed fit back together? Doesn't look like it. Thought I'd ask here before breaking out a torch, impact wrenches and such

Jim
I press mine back together all the time after a hard crash, even though I have spares. As I have learnt if you strengthen one bit it just moves a break to the next weakest part, hence why I don’t “glue it’”
Aug 01, 2021, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrysimon
I press mine back together all the time after a hard crash, even though I have spares. As I have learnt if you strengthen one bit it just moves a break to the next weakest part, hence why I don’t “glue it’”
Cool. Good to know. Thanks!
Aug 01, 2021, 03:25 PM
Pressing the swash back together used to be a session ending experience that required disassembly of the k110, now I just poke in some tweezers and squeeze, then back to flying!
Aug 01, 2021, 10:05 PM
and if it easily popped out, apply a bit of CA glue to the inside of the plastic part. Wait until it cure then press the bearing in, will be as good as new. A pair of tweezers is also a good tool.
Aug 02, 2021, 06:32 AM
Got it and good to go.
Aug 02, 2021, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrysimon
Many thanks Paul!

I remember now why I love this forum. Members are so friendly and responsive

I will give it a try.

Jerry
Hey Jerry,

glad to have helped but feeling guilty as now!!!! Started thinking after I posted about how I built the profile because I have just built one based on that one for my new OpenTX Jumper T12 transmitter and realised that I only 'tweaked ' the T8SG one.

THANK YOU BirdBarber, who is the REAL hero here because I am pretty sure that I used his great work for the base line so all Kudos should go to him, thanks mate, you profile worked a treat for me even though I tweaked the pitch curves slightly and changed the switches.

Does kind of prove the point about helping one-another though.....

Paul(anyoneneedaprofileforak110onanopentytranny)B
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
Aug 02, 2021, 10:15 AM
Crashing IS Flying
Quote:
Hey Jerry,

glad to have helped but feeling guilty as now!!!! Started thinking after I posted about how I built the profile because I have just built one based on that one for my new OpenTX Jumper T12 transmitter and realised that I only 'tweaked ' the T8SG one.

THANK YOU BirdBarber, who is the REAL hero here because I am pretty sure that I used his great work for the base line so all Kudos should go to him, thanks mate, you profile worked a treat for me even though I tweaked the pitch curves slightly and changed the switches.

Does kind of prove the point about helping one-another though.....

Paul(anyoneneedaprofileforak110onanopentytranny)B
No problem. It seems to work well though I have no idea how to adjust throttle/pitch curves as this file is way beyond my programming skills. I can setup basic ini files but these files seem to be doing clever things.

I am tempted to take a look at the Radiomaster TX16s the new screen looks lovely though not sure what I would gain over the T8SG plus which is also a nice size ?
Aug 02, 2021, 03:07 PM
You would gain OpenTX over DeviationTX but loose the 'nice size'.

Deviation is not really fully supported anymore but OpenTX is 'in' and support is very active.

I got the T8 as a bit of a toy but ended up loving it, this is the only transmitter that I can find where I can fly with my fingers on the sticks and also on a switch so that if I get into bother I can hit 'panic' or Throttle Hold but than found out how powerful it is.

As Deviation is slowing down, mainly in respect of support for the 4in1 module I just got a Jumper T12 Pro, same case as the T8 but OpenTX and more protocols (still being developed) for the internal 4in1.

Paul.
Aug 02, 2021, 03:11 PM
Crashing IS Flying
Quote:
You would gain OpenTX over DeviationTX but loose the 'nice size'.

Deviation is not really fully supported anymore but OpenTX is 'in' and support is very active.

I got the T8 as a bit of a toy but ended up loving it, this is the only transmitter that I can find where I can fly with my fingers on the sticks and also on a switch so that if I get into bother I can hit 'panic' or Throttle Hold but than found out how powerful it is.

As Deviation is slowing down, mainly in respect of support for the 4in1 module I just got a Jumper T12 Pro, same case as the T8 but OpenTX and more protocols (still being developed) for the internal 4in1.

Paul.
Thanks for that. I do like the Jumper size.
Aug 02, 2021, 03:18 PM
1) Model Menu.
2) Mixer
3) Scroll down to Ch6 (the pitch channel) complex
4) scroll down to page
5) page 1,2 and 3 are the pitch curves for the 3 'flight modes'
6) select the 'page' which you want to change and scroll down to Curve (5 Point)
7) press enter to access the curve, point (1 to 5) are the 5 positions bottom to top (left to right in the display)
8) Value changes, logically the value, -100 is full down, 0 is middle and +100 is full up, change it to what you want
9) DON'T FORGET TO SAVE

Paul
Aug 02, 2021, 03:22 PM
Crashing IS Flying
Quote:
1) Model Menu.
2) Mixer
3) Scroll down to Ch6 (the pitch channel) complex
4) scroll down to page
5) page 1,2 and 3 are the pitch curves for the 3 'flight modes'
6) select the 'page' which you want to change and scroll down to Curve (5 Point)
7) press enter to access the curve, point (1 to 5) are the 5 positions bottom to top (left to right in the display)
8) Value changes, logically the value, -100 is full down, 0 is middle and +100 is full up, change it to what you want
9) DON'T FORGET TO SAVE

Paul
Thanks again.
Aug 08, 2021, 05:58 PM

Not lifting off ???

Suddenly my K110 wont get airborne. Just sits and rotates at high rpms. Do I have "something" reversed? Or what am I totally missing? I planned to fly in the morning. Thanks for any help!!

Jim
Aug 08, 2021, 06:05 PM
PDK
PDK
Do you have the right model loaded on the radio??
At mid stick on collective are all the servo arms at 90 degrees and swash level??

Quick Reply